ADVERTISEMENT

Official Burkhead vs SUH thread

Suh was blatantly held on the TD run, and I mean a real hold, not the BS they called on the Rams earlier

Oh well, maybe Suh can get a ring next year. Congrats to Rex!

Suh playing for the Rams with no offense in the Super Bowl reminds me of Suh playing for the Huskers in the Big 12 championship with no offense. Defense played amazing in both games but man he's been unlucky.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Three huge plays stick out for me:

The dying quail that Goff threw to a wide open WR in the end zone. Nice play by the DB, but the ball took forever to get there.

Goff's INT - why throw a desperation heave on 2nd and 10 when you're nearly to the red zone?

The horrible holding call on the Rams that killed a promising drive. Rams did themselves in tonight, but that was awful.

Reactions: jedihusker

The dying quail that Goff threw to a wide open WR in the end zone. Nice play by the DB, but the ball took forever to get there.

Goff's INT - why throw a desperation heave on 2nd and 10 when you're nearly to the red zone?

The horrible holding call on the Rams that killed a promising drive. Rams did themselves in tonight, but that was awful.
You really think the rams were going to get any type of call in there favor? Everyone from la to New York knew the fix would be in. No way was la going to be allowed to win. The league didn't want to hear from now till next fall rams stole the super bowl

Reactions: blackshirts4life339
Suh playing for the Rams with no offense in the Super Bowl reminds me of Suh playing for the Huskers in the Big 12 championship with no offense. Defense played amazing in both games but man he's been unlucky.
Rams had the 2nd best offense in the league this season so this comparison doesn’t make a lot of sense IMO.

Reactions: TFrazier
JlswEJE.gif
fQjmkeTXOqMLK
You really think the rams were going to get any type of call in there favor? Everyone from la to New York knew the fix would be in. No way was la going to be allowed to win. The league didn't want to hear from now till next fall rams stole the super bowl

So the most interesting part of the Super Bowl was Tom Brady open-mouth kissing Robert Kraft in celebration. Sad!

Agree on all three. A split second earlier on the throw or a little harder on the throw, and Rams have an easy TD on your first point. One of a few situations where the Patriots epitomized the "better to be lucky than good" phrase. Great play by the DB to break that up, but a quicker and/or better thrown and it wouldn't have mattered.

I understand it's easy to go back in hindsight, but it certainly seemed like a desperation heave on that INT, on a 4th and long play, not a 2nd down. It also appeared that the receiver running underneath the guy he tried to heave it to might have been more open, but actually the guy he threw it to had a step, but he way underthrew him.

I think that holding call seems to be a little overlooked. Yes, it was "just one play" on a first down even. However, the Rams were starting to get some rhythm going on offense there, had just broken off a big run on that play, and the game was tied at that point. If they keep going like they had started to on that drive, they probably score one way or the other, run a decent amount of time off the clock, give their defense some much needed rest, and the game has a completely different complexion. They went from 1st and 10 at the New England 44, to 1st and 20 at their own 33, a 23 yard swing. Also, they were starting to have some success in the run game, and suddenly their put in a situation where they almost have to pass. The fact is, no hold occured on that play (at least not by the player that was called for it, and I'm assuming nowhere else), and the Patriots got majorly bailed out by the refs with that call.

Another thing I would point out. Romo kept going on and on about how Edelman was uncoverable, and they kept showing these replays of these great routes he was running. I don't know if I was watching a different game, but on about 80% of those replays, what I saw was Edelman blatantly pushing off. Not really surprising, as I remember from previous times watching, Edelman is really good a pushing off and getting away with it, but it's just funny they kept showing it on TV and not even commenting on it. Most of the time it wasn't have just a small push off, he would take two hands a full on shove the defender, then break the other direction, and SURPISE, he's wide open!

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT