ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 1st Half Thread***

Wow, I'm way too liberal on "targeting" calls I guess. Lame rule.

What's Santino Panico up to these days? He couldn't be any worse at coaching special teams than our current ST coach.

That is a sad rule you can tell the DB wanted to pull back on the hit.

He put his head down, you have to see what you hit. I have no problem with trying to take head/neck injuries out of the game. Knowing 3 local 10-11 year olds who ended up in the ER making similar plays I am all for it.

This is where I want to see Martinez start to meet the challenges in front of him.. blowing it on the last series with a turnover, and not stepping up and making things happen this last series. It was like he was playing scared on that QB run. That needs to stop.

Reactions: TFrazier
What the heck did you watch? That was an obvious call if ever there was one. The replay guys took about 3 seconds to confirm it and toss the guy.

I said it's a sad rule not a sad call. Call was called correctly as it pertains to the rule. The rule itself is a joke.

The thing I hate about the targeting rule is how over-the-top the penalty is compared to other personal fouls. Some POS can dive at the back of a guy's knees who's not even involved in the play, and he might get 15 yards. But a DB gets ejected for that? The rule is what it is, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT