ADVERTISEMENT

***OFFICIAL 1st HALF GAME THREAD***

This offense is fun to watch...schemes lineman pulling and counters.. i love it.. defense welllll???? Not so much.. when they catch up man alive

Reactions: SC_'sker
You can't rely on relatively unathletic and smallish LBs and safeties and corners to make all the tackling/stopping the run plays in the Big 10, you have to stop em at the line of scrimmage, so keep blaming the crap that isn't relevant and I'll keep trashing Chin's 3-4, which is the real problem.

Open letter to Frost thread to follow later today from me, I suggest we start a petition to get that guy out of Lincoln in a hurry.

If our LB's Safeties and CB's can't tackle, it doesn't matter if we are in 3-4 or 4-3 the D is going to suck

Reactions: yunginsNU2
We'll need to score on almost every drive. Our defense is even softer than theirs.

we'll see. I think the strategy was to see if we could play them straight up first drive.. which didn't work.

Now we should be bringing a safety into the box and doing some zone blitzes to disrupt their running game. We're going to give up some plays that way, but we'll get more stops

Reactions: SC_'sker
If our LB's Safeties and CB's can't tackle, it doesn't matter if we are in 3-4 or 4-3 the D is going to suck

All I am saying is the scheme is the scheme, and good teams can manhandle with single blockers a smallish front 3 all day in a 3-4, relying on stud Lbs to make plays, and you see how that goes. I don't like it.

OKAY, here's how we'll play: First team to field a defense wins!

All I am saying is the scheme is the scheme, and good teams can manhandle with single blockers a smallish front 3 all day in a 3-4, relying on stud Lbs to make plays, and you see how that goes. I don't like it.

first drive they weren't handling the front 3. they were getting enough penetration and holding gaps quite well. The others weren't tackling

Of course AJ Bush looks like a Joe Montana/Michael Vick hybrid today vs this defense.

I see we brought back the defense we took to Michigan. Sigh..

Here's what happens when guys in the backend have to start cheating up to stop the unstoppable running game. Jesus.

Good lord, this is like Callahan's last year where our offense put up crazy numbers, but our defense was so awful we still lost. Chingrove better figure it out.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
ADVERTISEMENT