ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive turnover could be continuing to churn ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Now the LJS reports Husker offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Matt Lubick is a candidate for the head coaching job at Montana State. It's kind of like rats jumping off a sinking ship on the offensive side of the ball. :Cool:

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Now the LJS reports Husker offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach Matt Lubick is a candidate for the head coaching job at Montana State. It's kind of like rats jumping off a sinking ship on the offensive side of the ball. :Cool:

Only because there isn't enough for these rats to EAT besides Robinson.. Are any of the departures besides him worrisone? NO! When the offense comes out with a 230 LB I back, and a two tight end set and most reeceivers over 6'3" next year, do you really think they plan on the same offense? Lubick and Robinson are jumping ship because they are the square blocks in the round hole!

Reactions: husker244
We knew this was going to happen during the season. Anyone else remember? We had arguments on this board about this kind of thing, and were told this wasn't going to happen and such. Whether it is more or less than some schools, I don't know, and it being a screwed up year and all, it's still not a good look when offensively you got guys leaving, and defensively you got guys coming back. That is a polar opposite situation.

I have no doubt the defensive side of the ball has been coming together.. and that side of the room is good to go.

I'm surprised it has taken this long to hear about a coach possibly moving on and I'm not surprised Lubick is looking around. The one interview he did this season with his arms crossed gave every indication possible he was not comfortable here, and I'm not sure he helped anything anyways.

Scott needs some objectivity.. hire another OC, and then get out of the room and don't micromanage it. You might get the offense back on track to match your defense (which you are not micro managing either).

Reactions: CatColumbia
I wouldnt say Lubick is "jumping ship". He is in the running for a HC job at a school his dad coached at for years.

Reactions: WHCSC
Only because there isn't enough for these rats to EAT besides Robinson.. Are any of the departures besides him worrisone? NO! When the offense comes out with a 230 LB I back, and a two tight end set and most reeceivers over 6'3" next year, do you really think they plan on the same offense? Lubick and Robinson are jumping ship because they are the square blocks in the round hole!

I agree any departure (save Robinson) has not been that much of a concern, and people tend to forget what we still have on offense to roll out next year. Plenty of weapons IF they can get developed.
I’m not worried about Lubick other than having time to transition in a suitable replacement. The instability isn’t ideal vs consistency, but I think he’s replaceable.

You guys are worried about losing an offensive coordinator that wasn't even coaching football last year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT