ADVERTISEMENT

offensive lineman puking at practice

mavsker

Sophomore
Jun 12, 2020
gbr tbh imo nfm
head coach frost said on the radio the other day that by his best estimate at each practice 15 to 20 pukes from offensive lineman per day / per practice. he says this isnt because of them being out of shape rather he says its because there working very hard out there.

im glad someone is finally putting these guys to work. tired of rolling out the pills berry dough boys, on the offensive line, we need strength agility and POWER not fat slobs just eating up space

wasnt sure about raola at first but now im cautiously optomistic for the return of husker power GO BIG RED

You ever work out hungover and take yourself to the brink of death?

I did that today. Sad part is I still kinda feel like shit. And this is why I don’t drink very much.

And I’m all for having a good season. I’m pulling for Frost to figure it out. And our OL has been piss poor these past few years. A good workout/barf might be just what the Dr ordered

Me too. I used to throw up on heavy leg days. I kinda felt I hadn't worked hard enough until I had.
Agree with you guys. When I was playing at NU we had puke cans up and down our circuit line. I saw guys crap themselves on circuit squats several times. Its about pushing yourself beyond limits that you unknowingly placed on yourself in order to improve as an individual and as a team. Bonds and team chemistry are formed through this shared suffering. The offseason work is where the outcome to half of your season is predetermined based on how hard you work. Pennsyhusker obviously has never had to compete at this level and has zero idea of what it takes.

Agree with you guys. When I was playing at NU we had puke cans up and down our circuit line. I saw guys crap themselves on circuit squats several times. Its about pushing yourself beyond limits that you unknowingly placed on yourself in order to improve as an individual and as a team. Bonds and team chemistry are formed through this shared suffering. The offseason work is where the outcome to half of your season is predetermined based on how hard you work. Pennsyhusker obviously has never had to compete at this level and has zero idea of what it takes.

I'd give this multiple 'likes' if I could. Spot on.

I'd give this multiple 'likes' if I could. Spot on.
Coach Osborne used to always say the team that is willing to pay a higher price in offseason workouts and in practice is the team that will win said game. He had us working so hard that we knew no one was outworking us and we went into EVERY game with the midset that we were going to win based on how prepared we were both physically and mentally. The only loose end at that point was how much are we going to win by and how soon can we get the 2nd and 3rd string players on the field.

Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota, of late, have found ways to succeed in the offensive line.

Northwestern has the best LT in the conference, most likely. For Northwestern to have success, they will have to have the better O-Line.

Like any team, the O-Line often sets the tone for success on offense.

“If we play together,” OL Donovan Raiola said Thursday, “we give the team a chance.”

I don’t know, though, if this line can overcome the loss of Jurgens and Nouili, the two most consistent pieces last year for a group that helped the Huskers average 4.41 yards per rushing attempt (59th nationally) and surrendered 29 sacks in 12 games (74th nationally). - Mitch Sherman reported.

The West division has been defined historically at the line of scrimmage, with Wisconsin (4), Iowa and Northwestern (2 each) division dates.

Nebraska hasn't played in Indy in 10 years. Haven't beat Wisconsin in 10 either.

This Northwestern vs. Nebraska game in Dublin kicks off the B1G season of College Football.

I expect a competitive game, which has often been the case, since 2011, when the Huskers joined the Big Ten.

Like many Nebraska vs. Northwestern games, with clearly the exception of 2021, which was ugly for the Wildcats, this game has often been an interesting series and should be from Dublin. Travel certainly could be a factor.

Date, Location, NW v NEB
  • 10/2/21, Lincoln, NE NW 7 NE 56
  • 11/7/20, Evanston, IL, NW 21, NE 13
  • 10/5/19, Lincoln, NE, NW 10, NE 13
  • 10/13/18, Evanston, NW 34, NE 31
  • 11/4/17, Lincoln, NW 31, NE 24
  • 9/24/16, Evanston, NW 13, NE 24
  • 10/24/2015Lincoln, NW 30, NE 28
  • 10/18/14, Evanston, NW 17, NE 38
  • 11/2/13, Lincoln, NW 24, NE 27
  • 10/20/12, Evanston, NW 28, NE29
  • 11/5/11, Lincoln, NW 28, NE 25

• Love
Reactions: BC Hawk
head coach frost said on the radio the other day that by his best estimate at each practice 15 to 20 pukes from offensive lineman per day / per practice. he says this isnt because of them being out of shape rather he says its because there working very hard out there.

im glad someone is finally putting these guys to work. tired of rolling out the pills berry dough boys, on the offensive line, we need strength agility and POWER not fat slobs just eating up space

wasnt sure about raola at first but now im cautiously optomistic for the return of husker power GO BIG RED
OMG - The puke-o-meter is back. I remember when posters always used that as a guarantee of future success on the field. RollingLaugh

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota, of late, have found ways to succeed in the offensive line.

Northwestern has the best LT in the conference, most likely. For Northwestern to have success, they will have to have the better O-Line.

Like any team, the O-Line often sets the tone for success on offense.

“If we play together,” OL Donovan Raiola said Thursday, “we give the team a chance.”

I don’t know, though, if this line can overcome the loss of Jurgens and Nouili, the two most consistent pieces last year for a group that helped the Huskers average 4.41 yards per rushing attempt (59th nationally) and surrendered 29 sacks in 12 games (74th nationally). - Mitch Sherman reported.

The West division has been defined historically at the line of scrimmage, with Wisconsin (4), Iowa and Northwestern (2 each) division dates.

Nebraska hasn't played in Indy in 10 years. Haven't beat Wisconsin in 10 either.

This Northwestern vs. Nebraska game in Dublin kicks off the B1G season of College Football.

I expect a competitive game, which has often been the case, since 2011, when the Huskers joined the Big Ten.

Like many Nebraska vs. Northwestern games, with clearly the exception of 2021, which was ugly for the Wildcats, this game has often been an interesting series and should be from Dublin. Travel certainly could be a factor.

Date, Location, NW v NEB
  • 10/2/21, Lincoln, NE NW 7 NE 56
  • 11/7/20, Evanston, IL, NW 21, NE 13
  • 10/5/19, Lincoln, NE, NW 10, NE 13
  • 10/13/18, Evanston, NW 34, NE 31
  • 11/4/17, Lincoln, NW 31, NE 24
  • 9/24/16, Evanston, NW 13, NE 24
  • 10/24/2015Lincoln, NW 30, NE 28
  • 10/18/14, Evanston, NW 17, NE 38
  • 11/2/13, Lincoln, NW 24, NE 27
  • 10/20/12, Evanston, NW 28, NE29
  • 11/5/11, Lincoln, NW 28, NE 25
Plenty of Nebraska football threads for you on the hawkeye board, please leave.

Coach Osborne used to always say the team that is willing to pay a higher price in offseason workouts and in practice is the team that will win said game. He had us working so hard that we knew no one was outworking us and we went into EVERY game with the midset that we were going to win based on how prepared we were both physically and mentally. The only loose end at that point was how much are we going to win by and how soon can we get the 2nd and 3rd string players on the field.
What years did you play?

I honestly don't know what the hell he's even talking about most of the time.
He’s an Iowa douche who doesn’t want to be banned and so, like his sexuality, he has buried his feelings for the husker football deep inside his psyche and therefore needs to supplement the vast amount of husker talk on the hawkeye board by hanging out here. Very much a little brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT