ADVERTISEMENT

off topic Need Your Help

Doniphan89

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 30, 2014
PLEASE
YOU CAN HELP
I found a Nissan vehicle advertised on autotrader from Jim keras Nissan in Memphis Tn.
I then printed out all the information including the VIN number and went to purchase the vehicle.
However when I arrived I was told they do indeed have that vehicle in fact here are the keys, but you should really buy this one thats just like it. I then expressed my interest to purchase the other vehicle because of the price difference.
The salesman asked to see the online price and so I showed him and he said I needed to show it to david barber the sales manager. I went inside at this point and did so. David immidiately dismissed it and said "Hell No, I am not selling you that vehicle for that price". Feeling pretty dejected I left and thought That Is Just Plain Wrong.
So I tried to get in touch with terry payne the district manager and was unable to get him to answer his phone.
I finaly was able to get in touch with marcus wiggins director of jim keras nissan and was told it was an accident and he could not sell that vehicle for that price because it was new, but if I could pick out a used vehicle he would give me some "Crazy Stupid Prices on it". I decided to give him a chance and see what he could do. So I picked out a few vehicles and sent the stock numbers as he requested.
He then sent me his "Crazy Stupid Prices" on those vehicles.
one was literaly 1 thousand less than it was already listed for.
I am getting ready to start contacting local media and I will be doing my best to create One Huge Storm To Force Them Into Doing Whats Right.

I Ask That Everyone Please Go Here And Atleast Just Like My Comment To Support The Truth And Honesty.
You must hit the posts to page button on the page to see my comment

https://m.facebook.com/jimkerasnissan

They have since changed the prices and added a disclaimer (which from autotrader.com's mouth is a bogus one thats not allowed), however I have all the evidence I need, a few names of employees who will testify that this has happened multiple times, a few other customers that say it has happened to them too, and Autotrader who says they are indeed playing games and they also will be taking action.

PLEASE HELP

This is a common tactic at some dealers. They list something at a really great price point, and when you get there, they try to slide you into something else, with that vehicle you came in to look at, being 'in the shop' or some other excuse. Much of what dealers try to do, is get you into the dealership. They will lie right to your face and smile. Just be prepared for that, it's quite normal.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I have had that happen with some of our fleet vehicle purchases. They advertise it as a certain trim and when you get there it is not the same, or a different VIN. I don't put up with it. Immediately walk if a dealership does this stuff, funny how much wheeling and dealing they will try when you tell them you will be reporting them.

I would write out your detailed complaint and send copies to Attorney General Fraud Division in each state (Tennessee and your State of residence), and also send copies of the letter to Better Business Bureau in each city--where the incident took place and also in your own town. Would also address letters to Nissan Vice President, General Manager, Finance Director, etc., in Detroit or wherever their head office is located.

At this point I don't know that you can actually do too much without spending funds to fight this practice, however, with each of the Attorney General Offices asking for an explanation as well as Better Business Bureaus, it will give the dealership something to do and harass the hell out of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT