ADVERTISEMENT

# of Recruits by Position Last 3 Years

TwinsRRUs

Recruiting Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011
SW NE
Position - 2015, 2016, 2017 = Total (Current position and still on roster)

QB - 0, 1, 1 = 2
IB - 1, 1, 1 = 3
FB/HB - 0, 0, 1 = 1
WR - 1, 1, 3 = 5
TE - 1, 2, 2 = 5
OL - 3, 4, 4 = 11
Offense: 6, 9, 12 = 27

DT - 2, 0, 3 = 5
DE - 2, 1, 1 = 4
LB - 3, 5, 3 = 11
DB - 4, 4, 1 = 9
Defense: 9, 10, 8 = 29

Like Mike Riley said in his press conference today, they didn't get many DBs today but what they got was quality.

We currently have 3 recruits for the 2018 class - 1 DB/WR, 1 DT, and 1 TE.

My question to all of you is what positions are the most important for the 2018 class?

As of this second DB without a doubt is at the top, followed closely by RB.

After that I will have to wait to see where some of the tweener guys fall into place after spring practice. Specifically at DE and OLB.

Position - 2015, 2016, 2017 = Total (Current position and still on roster)

QB - 0, 1, 1 = 2
IB - 1, 1, 1 = 3
FB/HB - 0, 0, 1 = 1
WR - 1, 1, 3 = 5
TE - 1, 2, 2 = 5
OL - 3, 4, 4 = 11
Offense: 6, 9, 12 = 27

DT - 2, 0, 3 = 5
DE - 2, 1, 1 = 4
LB - 3, 5, 3 = 11
DB - 4, 4, 1 = 9
Defense: 9, 10, 8 = 29

Like Mike Riley said in his press conference today, they didn't get many DBs today but what they got was quality.

We currently have 3 recruits for the 2018 class - 1 DB/WR, 1 DT, and 1 TE.

My question to all of you is what positions are the most important for the 2018 class?

After that I will have to wait to see where some of the tweener guys fall into place after spring practice. Specifically at DE and OLB.
Sounds right, we will need a kicker to replace Drew as well. Bookie radley hiles is tops on my wish list for 2018

Last edited:
As of this second DB without a doubt is at the top, followed closely by RB.

I think it would go in this order

DB - We need 3 minimum
WR - We will have 5 on scholarship... That is not going to cut it... we will need 3-5
RB - We need 2 in the class... or one really quality one
OL - Always need 4
DL - Alway need 3 or 4
LB - Need 3-5 because of our defense turning to 3-4 style

I think we sign 18 next year minimum

DB - 3
WR - 3
RB - 1
OL - 4
DL - 3
LB - 3
TE - 1

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I think it would go in this order

DB - We need 3 minimum
WR - We will have 5 on scholarship... That is not going to cut it... we will need 3-5
RB - We need 2 in the class... or one really quality one
OL - Always need 4
DL - Alway need 3 or 4
LB - Need 3-5 because of our defense turning to 3-4 style

I think we sign 18 next year minimum

DB - 3
WR - 3
RB - 1
OL - 4
DL - 3
LB - 3
TE - 1
No kicker?

Again we will have 6 WR on scholarship next year

Morgan
Williams
Spielman
McQuitty
Johnson
Lindsey

Secondly, you have to look at the 85 scholarship limit and position breakdowns. If you add 4 WR (the middle of your 3-5) to those 6 that is 10 receivers. That is too many. You can't have 17 OLinemen and 10 WR. That's 27 guys for 2 positions. Add in 10 more for RB and QB a 5 TE/FB that's 43. Too many for that side of the ball when you factor in special teams needs.

Morgan
Williams
Spielman
McQuitty
Johnson
Lindsey

Secondly, you have to look at the 85 scholarship limit and position breakdowns. If you add 4 WR (the middle of your 3-5) to those 6 that is 10 receivers. That is too many. You can't have 17 OLinemen and 10 WR. That's 27 guys for 2 positions. Add in 10 more for RB and QB a 5 TE/FB that's 43. Too many for that side of the ball when you factor in special teams needs.
WIlliams is on scholarship?

Morgan
Williams
Spielman
McQuitty
Johnson
Lindsey

Demornay?

Morgan
Williams
Spielman
McQuitty
Johnson
Lindsey

Not disagreeing that 27 for oline and wr is too many, but that's more like 8 7-8 positions on offense, not 2. But I do agree overall that it should be less and more like 13-15 oline and 8-9 wr

Do you know if this is just a Nebraska rule? Because I thought I read that Dabo's son was going to walk on at Clemson...

It's an NCAA rule, Williams kid was a recruited athlete and transferred from Fresno, I believe, where he was on scholarship. I am on my phone or I would try to find the section of the by laws that addresses it.

Now Williams could possibly pay his way, and foot the whole bill, a la McDermott at Creighton his senior year, but the family could not use the University benefit for free tuition or any other grant in aid. But I will have to double check because I think with the transfer from a different school and his subsequent recruitment, there may be a stipulation prohibiting it.

It's an NCAA rule, Williams kid was a recruited athlete and transferred from Fresno, I believe, where he was on scholarship. I am on my phone or I would try to find the section of the by laws that addresses it.

Now Williams could possibly pay his way, and foot the whole bill, a la McDermott at Creighton his senior year, but the family could not use the University benefit for free tuition or any other grant in aid. But I will have to double check because I think with the transfer from a different school and his subsequent recruitment, there may be a stipulation prohibiting it.

Then they'd be stupid not to give him a $20000/year raise and make his kid be a "walk on."

Again I cannot find the bylaw right now. But the transfer thing is what I believe is the issue. How many Cottons were on scholarship and for how long? Lol.

Yeah I know. I always took that to be a pride or stupidity thing back then though...obviously I could have been assuming too much. Maybe there is something cute in the rules making the father-son thing tougher or there is a transfer deal. But like you said, the McDermotts made it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT