ADVERTISEMENT

Of COURSE Jacobson playing well...

Solid player but his shooting in this game is a bit of a mirage. Came into tonight shooting 42% from the field, 30% from the arc. Averaging 7 ppg for the year, 6 in conference play. Had a better season last year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If Jacobson was still here he’d be a really nice rebounder and defensive player with a nice little game around the paint. Except... he still thinks he’s a shooter who should be playing on the perimeter.

Reactions: nu2u and schuele
If Jacobson was still here he’d be a really nice rebounder and defensive player with a nice little game around the paint. Except... he still thinks he’s a shooter who should be playing on the perimeter.
Jacobsen would have killed it in Fred's system IMO. He runs well for his size and would have helped us immensely this year. That said, he would have never have redshirted and would be gone now anyway.

... how did Miles let him get away?
IMO, there was a chemistry problem and I don't know if it was all Miles' fault. Jordy and Horne were understandable. Jordy had an overinflated view of his skills and Horne didn't want to play defense. One never knows what is going on in the heads of college students. Was it wanting to be closer to a girlfriend or family? Did they dislike some teammates? There were some rumors that Jacobsen and Morrow didn't care for a couple of guys sitting out who would have taken some of their playing time. IF they had stayed, that team probably would have finally won a tourney game IMO.:( While I didn't think Morrow was a great player, him leaving bothered me. He seemed to be the ultimate team player/Husker and that one pointed squarely at Miles IMO. It kind of makes me think of the old saying "everybody likes a little ass, but nobody likes a smartass". Miles was seemed to be awfully sarcastic in how he related to his players and that can wear on people.

Oh, no they aren't....WE are the epitome of bad...look it up in the dictionary...
They've won 4 more games than us and had a potential NBA lottery pick until he got hurt. We had zero expectation of even approaching a .500 season. In my book they're just as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT