ADVERTISEMENT

Of all the Big 12 coaches in the search hunt

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
The cream is rising and the shaff is being left behind.

Which ones are still a viable option and which ones are on the scrap heap.

1) Klieman is head and shoulders the best. His team is fundamentally sound, the underclassmen are making an impact and I see no flaws in the coaching. This is year 4 for him and the team will be better next year than this year. He forces his will on the opposition and does not let up, this team resembles the culture of his NDSU teams.

2) Liepold 1 game behind KSU but now out of the conference playoff picture. This is year two but still needs refining; the foundation has been installed. Probably on the same trajectory as KSU. In two years this team will be in the conference title hunt on a perennial basis.

3 & 4) I think I will pass, the opposing teams have figured them out and not impressed.

1) Klieman is head and shoulders the best. His team is fundamentally sound, the underclassmen are making an impact and I see no flaws in the coaching. This is year 4 for him and the team will be better next year than this year. He forces his will on the opposition and does not let up, this team resembles the culture of his NDSU teams.

2) Liepold 1 game behind KSU but now out of the conference playoff picture. This is year two but still needs refining; the foundation has been installed. Probably on the same trajectory as KSU. In two years this team will be in the conference title hunt on a perennial basis.

3 & 4) I think I will pass, the opposing teams have figured them out and not impressed.
LL and Klieman are the only two I would consider. The one thing that bothers me with LL is where his 2023 recruiting class sits today. 10 commits and very average ratings.

Klieman is not much better when considering he is in his 4th year.

So with both I would want to know how they would approach recruiting because if they don't improve over their recent classes it won't cut in the B10

Reactions: HominidHusker
LL and Klieman are the only two I would consider. The one thing that bothers me with LL is where his 2023 recruiting class sits today. 10 commits and very average ratings.

So with both I would want to know how they would approach recruiting because if they don't improve over their recent classes it won't cut in the B10
When you look at how KSU plays every week, fundamentally sound, power run game, offensive line that moves the LOS, and QB's that make an impact and do not turn the ball over, that will win a lot of games in the B1G. His defenses are solid and a D line that attack the QB. I see no weaknesses. Many players he offered signed with NU. When he has the advantages of recruiting to NU his coaching will soar. Within 3 years he will have a team that will compete successfully in the B1G.

When you look at how KSU plays every week, fundamentally sound, power run game, offensive line that moves the LOS, and QB's that make an impact and do not turn the ball over, that will win a lot of games in the B1G. His defenses are solid and a D line that attack the QB. I see no weaknesses. Many players he offered signed with NU. When he has the advantages of recruiting to NU his coaching will soar. Within 3 years he will have a team that will compete successfully in the B1G.
I like both coaches a lot. They are proven leaders and develop their kids

Is there lack of recruiting top 30 classes due to the school they are at or does it have something to do with a lack of focus on it?

I am more concerned about this with CK since this is year 4.

We need our new coach to consistently recruit top 15-20 classes and so I want a HC with Kiffin recruiting mentality

I'm not as worried about recruiting anymore with NIL and the Transfer Portal. We have enough NIL money to bring in good recruits regardless of who the head coach is. What we need is someone who has proven they can develop players, who has a proven Strength & Conditioning Program, and has produced good offensive and defensive lines.

I like both coaches a lot. They are proven leaders and develop their kids

Is there lack of recruiting top 30 classes due to the school they are at or does it have something to do with a lack of focus on it?

I am more concerned about this with CK since this is year 4.

We need our new coach to consistently recruit top 15-20 classes and so I want a HC with Kiffin recruiting mentality
Even in Snyder's heyday and success at KSU the recruiting classes were never good. Manhattan is not sn easy place to recruit to. Given the facilities and NIL, Klieman will be fine.

The guy started AM over Howard...... no thanks

Reactions: headcard

Kleiman, Campbell, and Aranda would be solid hires. Leipold teams are not that physical on either side of the ball. We should steer clear.

CK isn't leaving KSU. The AD is Gene Taylor, who was also the AD at NDSU for 14 years.
I was going to say the same thing. However, at NU he would make close to double vs his recent extension st ksu. AND ksu left the door wide open with a mere 4M buyout.....unlike what isu did with Campbell. Maybe Taylor wasn't too worried about Klieman leaving 🤔

I'm hesitant toward Klieman because he's never had to build a program. He's never taken over a bad program and had to turn it around.

He took over NDSU after Bohl won 3 straight National Championships. He did maintain that level of success, but still, he was handed the keys to a Lamborghini.

And then he took over K-State after a legend in Bill Snyder, who had already instilled a winning, disciplined culture. So far he has maintained it to where Snyder left it, winning about 8 games a year.

So it seems like he's good at maintaining a program, but has no experience turning a losing program into a winning program.

Klieman with improved recruiting would be exciting. No question he can coach and develop.

Klieman can't recruit or develop. Stay clear. He's a loser, Catholic, wannabee.
0054265-wrlb-1280x720.jpg
FhasrE2XoAQzhQt

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT