ADVERTISEMENT

October 17 is the Day ...

Starting to get the feeling it's not going to happen. Taking the all or nothing approach seems doomed with at least a few hard no votes out there.
Yeah that's what I don't get. Let the schools who want to play get after it.

Out of the way Rutgers
Nf87TMy.gif

Reactions: leodisflowers
Classic playing from behind mindset. The conference leaders failed to see anyone not following their lead. Then failed to see anyone wanting answers on the decisions made. Then failed to prepare for any backup plans. Then scrambled to try to save face.
If the same leaders who decided this plan and worked this process are still in their same roles in a year, gawd help this conference work its way back from where it’s going.

C’mon they said 72 hours on Saturday.. Tomorrow is when we will find out something..

I had a kid from Miramar Florida zoom bomb a class of mine a few days ago. The way the big ten runs things I would think a tech savy Outsider could wiggle in there and see what's really being said

I had a kid from Miramar Florida zoom bomb a class of mine a few days ago. The way the big ten runs things I would think a tech savy Outsider could wiggle in there and see what's really being said
Sir Yacht maybe?

Thats a bad omen. Basically saying that one school can stop the rest from playing. Might be time to restructure the conference if this is a thing.

Bad omen? We knew this going in. Anyone who was paying attention ten years ago at least. Or anyone paying attention the last 90 days or so when it got repeated repeatedly. This was the mechanism we preferred to Bevo's dictatorship.

I don't think its going to be 1 against 13 by any stretch. There will be at least a few dissenters. I do think its possible (but I have no idea how likely) we get a partial slate of B1G teams playing where basically the B1G office can say "we elected to play" and the schools who belong to states/Governors that won't play simply announce such as extenuating circumstances.

Guy from the Dan Patrick show claims the presidents are voting on this right now

Have no idea if he is a blowhard or an insider but Sir Yacht claims the vote was taken and all 14 teams will be playing. He says still undetermined is the start date. Could be October 10 according to him. Personally I lean more to him being a blowhard than anything else. Important to NOTE BY THE WAY, that he posted that 2 days ago.

Sir Yacht
@SirYacht

·

"The B1G vote has already been taken today and as of right now all 14 football teams are playing, per source. Fall start date will be determined tomorrow with schedule. October 17th was floated around today by reporters but the start date is most likely October 10."

Last edited:
Have no idea if he is a blowhard or an insider but Sir Yacht claims the vote was taken and all 14 teams will be playing. He says still undetermined is the start date. Could be October 10 according to him. Personally I lean more to him being a blowhard than anything else. Important to NOTE BY THE WAY, that he posted that 2 days ago.

Sir Yacht
@SirYacht

·

"The B1G vote has already been taken today and as of right now all 14 football teams are playing, per source. Fall start date will be determined tomorrow with schedule. October 17th was floated around today by reporters but the start date is most likely October 10."
What was the date of his tweet?

everyone involved, including reporters, are just the absolute worst people going
I’m curious to know if the SEC and ACC are as bogged down with bureaucracy as the BIG ten: BIG TEN currently using
*Council of Presidents and Chancellors
*Steering committee for the above committee
*Return to competition task force
*Medical subcommittee made up of medical experts and Athletic Directors

its no wonder the BIG coaches have about zero voice in this process and why Athletic Directors have had to sidestep and ride shotgun
F’ing quagmire of committees that serve no one but themselves

Shatel's article on Notre Dame playing and the B1G not, is a good read. South Bend is in the same state of two B1G schools, and in close proximity to several others.

There were games in Manhattan, KS; Lawrence, KS, and Ames, IA over the weekend. Those cities are all in close proximity to Lincoln and Iowa City.

There were NFL games in several B1G states (and Pac 12 states, too) over the weekend.

There have been baseball games for nearly 2 months all across the country.

European leagues have been playing for months without interruption.

We are not re-inventing the wheel here. A playbook has been developed. Use it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT