ADVERTISEMENT

Oct. 24 Start

I would say another reason is that it is about as close as possible to a potential vaccine release date. I’ve heard from multiple sources, including the doctors who do the daily Covid briefing here locally at KU Med, that late October/early November is when a vaccine could be available. While I doubt programs will have it readily available prior by the end of the season, each person vaccinated is one step close to herd immunity and therefore a decrease is risk factors.
My spouse is scheduled to get her vaccination the first week of November. Right now the plan is that every M.D. in our state to be vaccinated that first week. Along that same time they'll also start vaccinating nursing home patients.

Ohio State will finish 8-0, and might still be left out of the playoff due to the late start and playing 2 or 3 fewer games than Bama, Clemson, etc. This conference cannot get out of its own way.

Reactions: bshirt73
Ohio State will finish 8-0, and might still be left out of the playoff due to the late start and playing 2 or 3 fewer games than Bama, Clemson, etc. This conference cannot get out of its own way.
They might finish 9-0 with 9 forfeits.

*Start season during cold and flu season
*Give yourself no wiggle room to play full schedule
*Players out 21 days if they test positive, even with no symptoms
*Team out for a week if a handful of guys test positive

Great plan

*Start season during cold and flu season
*Give yourself no wiggle room to play full schedule
*Players out 21 days if they test positive, even with no symptoms
*Team out for a week if a handful of guys test positive

Great planSick
FIFY. Only the B1G could screw this thing up this badly......er well maybe the PAC 12 too.

The part I love most is, we can start practicing immediately. So boys and gals, get ready to see our boys in pads and helmets. I’m not going to engage in the 5% and 7% thing. I’m just glad we now have an opportunity to play and our boys can start fully practicing and preparing for games. Now hopefully we get to play a few games. GBR

Wow! What a bunch of Debbie Downers. Have you ever had a glass of anything half full?

exactly and that’s how I’m looking at things. The doors open now, we now have an opportunity unlike before.

Two, we can now put on pads and we can fully practice Immediately. Meaning 1s vs 1s can start happening NOW.

Sounds like our Husker players have released their lawsuits as well. Probably not a bad idea, I have a bad feeling we are already going to have the BIG 10 refs all over us and calling us every little thing and then some already, let alone that helping things along (as if they weren’t already).

Does this mean 6 division games and two crossovers? Am curious to see who were draw for those two games vs what Wiscy and Minny get.

B1G West Crossovers (1st Schedule)

Nebraska: OSU, Penn St, Michigan St, and Rutgers
Iowa: Maryland, Penn St, Michigan St, and Ohio St
Wisconsin: Maryland, Michigan, Indiana, and Rutgers
Minnesota: Maryland, Michigan St, Indiana, and Michigan
Northwestern: Michigan St, Maryland, Michigan, and Penn St
Purdue: Michigan, Ohio St, Rutgers, and Indiana
Illinois: Ohio St, Indiana, Rutgers, and Penn St

Does this mean 6 division games and two crossovers? Am curious to see who were draw for those two games vs what Wiscy and Minny get.

Iowa needs to catch OSU this time. They have avoided them for several years now and they have been bragging about the last game they had vs OSU. I know the Buckeyes are dying for a revenge game against Iowa. If Iowa plays OSU this year, it won’t be pretty. That much I’m sure of.

Iowa needs to catch OSU this time. They have avoided them for several years now and they have been bragging about the last game they had vs OSU. I know the Buckeyes are dying for a revenge game against Iowa. If Iowa plays OSU this year, it won’t be pretty. That much I’m sure of.
OSU is our permanent cross-over, so it stays and will be @ their place

second east opponent will be PSU in Lincoln

OSU is our permanent cross-over, so it stays and will be @ their place

second east opponent will be PSU in Lincoln

Oh I know, I know our Huskers will keep the OSU game and I’m actually fine with that. I’m just saying I know the Buckeyes are itching for revenge vs Iowa. They need to give OSU their wish and finally schedule Iowa vs OSU too.

And these recent schedules are a bit different then how they originally had everything scheduled. so it’s actually possible they could do some alterations to the schedules compared to they were doing it before. So yes, during a normal Season, OSU is our cross over game but this is far from normal, I could see some alterations happening.

Last edited:

This was the 2nd schedule not the original schedule..

Reactions: huskerssalts
Seems silly to worry about who's played who recently/in the future with a shortened season that's going to screw up all the rotations, anyway. Why not just make it simple and have teams play the team in the same position and the opposite position in the standings (ie 1st place from last year in the West plays 1st and 7th from the East). Have to fudge it a bit in the middle since 4 can't play 4 twice, but you end up with something like

Wisconsin: OSU, Rutgers
Minnesota: PSU, Maryland
Iowa: Michigan, MSU
Illinois: Indiana, Michigan
Nebraska: MSU, Indiana
Purdue: Maryland, PSU
Northwestern: Rutgers, OSU

As a bonus, you limit contact across divisions to "pairings" for most teams and get some flexibility if you have to reschedule things on the fly.

Seems silly to worry about who's played who recently/in the future with a shortened season that's going to screw up all the rotations, anyway. Why not just make it simple and have teams play the team in the same position and the opposite position in the standings (ie 1st place from last year in the West plays 1st and 7th from the East). Have to fudge it a bit in the middle since 4 can't play 4 twice, but you end up with something like

Wisconsin: OSU, Rutgers
Minnesota: PSU, Maryland
Iowa: Michigan, MSU
Illinois: Indiana, Michigan
Nebraska: MSU, Indiana
Purdue: Maryland, PSU
Northwestern: Rutgers, OSU

As a bonus, you limit contact across divisions to "pairings" for most teams and get some flexibility if you have to reschedule things on the fly.

This is what being said on 24/7

“according to Purdue athletic director Mike Bobinsky, that will be the case. He told reporters the Big Ten will work off the scheduling models it had in place prior to the pandemic, eliminating one of the crossovers. If the league holds strict to that, and also assures each team plays four home games and four road games, the options for games that might be dropped from Nebraska's schedule seem to be either Ohio State or Rutgers. Unless a curve ball is thrown, which is certainly possible.”

Sounds like our Husker players have released their lawsuits as well. Probably not a bad idea, I have a bad feeling we are already going to have the BIG 10 refs all over us and calling us every little thing and then some already, let alone that helping things along (as if they weren’t already).
I don't think the B1G refs are going to be unhappy about NU forcing the issue. Game checks are a big deal for those guys.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We can't get out of this clown show league soon enough.

Conference owns all TV rights until 2022, after that it’s a $100M fine but your free to leave and find a new conference.

While most aren’t totally happy, it really isn’t any different in another conference.
I don’t see N leaving or any other school for that matter. We just have to suck it up for one year.

The no fans was a compromise to get the needed votes to play. TV money is 10x the gate receipts.

Wisconsin is the model for all colleges nationwide. How fortunate we are that we have their AD helping determine when we can play and then the schedule each team plays.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: bshirt73
Was that not taken into consideration when he said that?
I think they had another large wave of positive tests right after he said that but I could be wrong. IF you've ever been in Madison, you would understand how that many players got infected. It's an extremely hard partying town and they don't get those O linemen as big as they do just at the training table. Beer is their friend.

Conference owns all TV rights until 2022, after that it’s a $100M fine but your free to leave and find a new conference.

While most aren’t totally happy, it really isn’t any different in another conference.
I don’t see N leaving or any other school for that matter. We just have to suck it up for one year.

The no fans was a compromise to get the needed votes to play. TV money is 10x the gate receipts.
There are some people who are just play out of their minds with preventative measures. You can go shop at a packed Wal-Mart and go through checkout lines packed with people but you can't have 25% capacity in an outdoor stadium? Insane.

ADVERTISEMENT