ADVERTISEMENT

Oct. 24 Start

Why so late ?

Waiting to see if the SEC, ACC and Big 12 have issues is one of the reasons I’m thinking..

I would say another reason is that it is about as close as possible to a potential vaccine release date. I’ve heard from multiple sources, including the doctors who do the daily Covid briefing here locally at KU Med, that late October/early November is when a vaccine could be available. While I doubt programs will have it readily available prior by the end of the season, each person vaccinated is one step close to herd immunity and therefore a decrease is risk factors.

Fox News just said last weekend in October. The last Saturday is Halloween, the 31st. I hope that is wrong! The last full weekend would be the 24th. It's not ideal, but I'll take it!

Last edited:
Will B1G teams still be eligible for the playoff with this start date? I thought I heard 10/15 was the deadline.

Reactions: dinglefritz
to the Big 10 Committee
6ed.gif

We will get a couple of games in and most teams will "have" to start canceling. No way the season will be completed.
yea, not that it'll matter anyway. this is an exhibition schedule while 60% of the P5 will play 11+ games and compete for a national title.

the COC/P is giving the baby its bottle with this insulting horsesh*t. F them.

By then, the SEC and ACC will have had 4-5 weeks under their belts without major issues, BIG will look even sillier if they find a reason to cancel at that point.

The cardio stuff is just fluff to save face given they bought into a false premise for shutting it all down in the first place. The positivity rates is a stupid metric and has been from day one, because it can be easily manipulated by who is tested. Using team positivity rate is fine, because you are testing the entire population. But, the "population" positivity is easily manipulated. If MI governor or President of a university wants to shut down FB, only allow those with symptoms to test in the state. Or, if its the student "population" all the president has to do is say only those with symptoms or who have been exposed will be tested. Of course, its going to be over 7.5% if only those are the only ones tested. If it is the student population, every student should go get tested every week. Then you will know the true rate of infection.

This part of the announcement shows what’s important...

The Big Ten Conference is an association of world-class universities whose member institutions share a common mission of research, graduate, professional and undergraduate teaching and public service. Founded in 1896, the Big Ten has sustained a comprehensive set of shared practices and policies that enforce the priority of academics in the lives of students competing in intercollegiate athletics and emphasize the values of integrity, fairness and competitiveness.

This is a Press Release about Football, but they can’t not pay themselves on the back. Everyone remember... we are fortunate to have football at all!

Aren't there a lot of false positives with this rapid testing? Making players sit out 3 weeks for what might be false positive means they really don't want a season at all. Starting way late with unrealistic testing protocols is to get the fans off their back, nothing more.
Its not just 3 weeks, its 3 weeks after a positive test. A player could test positive for 3 weeks, so they would lose a total of 6 weeks.

This part of the announcement shows what’s important...

The Big Ten Conference is an association of world-class universities whose member institutions share a common mission of research, graduate, professional and undergraduate teaching and public service. Founded in 1896, the Big Ten has sustained a comprehensive set of shared practices and policies that enforce the priority of academics in the lives of students competing in intercollegiate athletics and emphasize the values of integrity, fairness and competitiveness.

This is a Press Release about Football, but they can’t not pay themselves on the back. Everyone remember... we are fortunate to have football at all!
The elite always know what's best for the huddled masses.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT