ADVERTISEMENT

OC Hire…

You know those titles don’t mean anything. Either an OC will run it or Frost will. Those titles are just a way to justify pay raises.
I don't think a guy who already has OC behind his name is going to come in just to be Frost's run game lackey. Some people seem awfully sure we're going to have a triple option service academy OC calling plays next fall.

Is he better than what we have?
Basketball more than any other sport maybe is Jimmies and Joes. Fred is getting the players. I think we need to ride with Fred for a long long time. Keep getting the players and eventually you'll win. I said all last year that Trey McGowens was our best player. That guy plays like a meat eating carnivore. Losing him was a killer. Verge isn't that kind of guy.

I’ve read a lot of names and not having announced anything yet makes me really wonder if we 1. Honestly don’t have any idea yet who it is? Or 2. They are coaching this weekend and we could hear next week?

If they have zeroed in on any of these guys I believe they would have already been announced.
Willy Korn from Coastal, they aren’t playing for a conference title. Chad Morris, guy is coaching a HS in Texas, why wait if that’s the guy? Herman was a pipe dream that isn’t going to happen.

If we really want an OC/QB coach and the QB to come along what about the Western Kentucky duo? Is the Zappe kid a senior and out of eligibility? They just played last night? Army OC plays today, and is also their OL coach, but he wouldn’t be bringing a QB with him.
Just fun to speculate to pass time… thoughts on who it will be?
No clue on names, but would like it to be someone whose philosophy places a major focus on the OL and has proven success on 3rd down, in the redzone, and of course on the recruiting trail.... I think those things compliment HCSFs strengths very well.

I don't think a guy who already has OC behind his name is going to come in just to be Frost's run game lackey. Some people seem awfully sure we're going to have a triple option service academy OC calling plays next fall.

I don’t think so. If Davis is the hire. I assume he will be OL/Run Game Coordinator. Frost will call the plays and the offense will be mostly unchanged. He may ask for recommendations on blocking schemes or option stuff from Davis or the Brady passing tree from Mickey, but it would be Frost’s offense. We would just be adding some hard nosed, detail oriented position coaches to clean up some things (discipline, details, finishing).

After watching this game tonight, with WF scoring fast with 21 pts and then following that up with zero pts for the rest of the game, 4 ints, extremely slow developing plays, playing from the shotgun on 2nd and 3rd and 1 and ending up having to punt, this guy is a perfect fit for Nebraska and I can see why Frost wants him.
watched the highlights of that game, and you're right.. that slow mesh rpo thing looks pretty bad as they are just standing there while the whole pocket collapses around them.. it's indeed a perfect fit for Frost...:rolleyes:

I pray this guy isn't the one.

wf passes way too much, 4 interceptions? seen that show before...yeah no...hard pass

mickey as passing coordinator
davis as run coordinator
seems like a no brainer.

now we are just waiting on the special teams coordinator
and what nil portal, qb's, ol and kickers we are bringing in

wf passes way too much, 4 interceptions? seen that show before...yeah no...hard pass

mickey as passing coordinator
davis as run coordinator
seems like a no brainer.

now we are just waiting on the special teams coordinator
and what nil portal, qb's, ol and kickers we are bringing in
My guy Wake Forest has four more rushing attempts than Wisconsin on the year but over 13 games instead of 12. Or more directly they avg three rush attempts less than Wisconsin per game.

NU had only 30 less rushes on the year than Wisconsin. At least according to ESPN stat tracker. So also about 3 less attempts per game.

Which attempts arent the whole story when it comes to rushing the football. But even Wisconsin throws the football about the same clip as all the Pass Happy guys do.

Remains to be seen if we roll out in power I as a base formation. Probably not but you can hold onto that dream.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT