ADVERTISEMENT

OBJ’s cash

Per the LSU rep the cash was counterfeit... so that’s gotta count for something right?

We all believe it was counterfeit:confused:
At first I thought the same thing. But look closely at the money. It has a grey tint and looks printed. Doesn't look like green money. If it is fake, I don't understand the point of him handing out fake money. Unless, like always it was to put attention on himself.

At first I thought the same thing. But look closely at the money. It has a grey tint and looks printed. Doesn't look like green money. If it is fake, I don't understand the point of him handing out fake money. Unless, like always it was to put attention on himself.
All that is great but Mr. Burrow said it was very much real cash

Who cares. People worry about what other people do with their money way too much, sports is no different. He’s a self made millionaire, if he wants to give some away to unpaid labor that just made their school millions and millions of dollars who the eff cares.

Reactions: c3o
Who cares. People worry about what other people do with their money way too much, sports is no different. He’s a self made millionaire, if he wants to give some away to unpaid labor that just made their school millions and millions of dollars who the eff cares.
The NCAA for one. And this may surprise you, but there are still people who believe rules are in place for a reason. I am not naive enough to think we are perfect. But we don’t flaunt it either.

I just don’t get why he would do that. It’s his alma mater. Why do something so brazenly stupid? I know, the NCAA likely does nothing, but at least pretend to be above board. Is that too much to ask?

Again, who cares. No recruit is going to go to LSU because they think obj might hand them $2k if they win a natty. It affects no one but him and those players. Ed Orgeron made $1.75 million just in bonuses this year but we are super concerned about a few kids getting a hundred dollar handshake? Get over it.

Again, who cares. No recruit is going to go to LSU because they think obj might hand them $2k if they win a natty. It affects no one but him and those players. Ed Orgeron made $1.75 million just in bonuses this year but we are super concerned about a few kids getting a hundred dollar handshake? Get over it.
I don’t care at all unless players get disciplined because of it. That would suck for the players. All because OBJ needed to do something over the top. Why film it and post it, if not for a grandstand moment?

Again, the NCAA likely does nothing about this. But it’s still a prima donna move crying for attention...

That’s fine if you’ve got no problem with it. Obviously LSU does, at least a little, if they had to immediately lie about it being real money, and then report it to the NCAA to get in front of it. I have no doubt if any returning underclassmen received money they will have to give it back. If the impermissible benefits rule is unnecessary, remove it.

The NCAA for one. And this may surprise you, but there are still people who believe rules are in place for a reason. I am not naive enough to think we are perfect. But we don’t flaunt it either.

I just don’t get why he would do that. It’s his alma mater. Why do something so brazenly stupid? I know, the NCAA likely does nothing, but at least pretend to be above board. Is that too much to ask?

Yeah, I get what you are saying but how did this give any advantage to LSU? It doesn't, not at all.

This would be like Dr. Smith giving Bio-Chem students cash for acing their final.

The NCAA rules are not my rules, they have no impact on me or my life.

We sort of act like these are important rules and we should follow them...then we all go out and drive over the speed limit, roll through stop signs and make a right hand turn on red when it says not to do that.

Reactions: tone1017
Yeah, I get what you are saying but how did this give any advantage to LSU? It doesn't, not at all.

This would be like Dr. Smith giving Bio-Chem students cash for acing their final.

We sort of act like these are important rules and we should follow them...then we all go out and drive over the speed limit, roll through stop signs and make a right hand turn on red when it says not to do that.
Totally get it. In the grand scheme of things this isn’t much. But you wouldn’t turn on red when you weren’t supposed to in front of a cop, correct? That’s all I’m saying. Don’t broadcast it for the world to see...

Reactions: wkato
Totally get it. In the grand scheme of things this isn’t much. But you wouldn’t turn on red when you weren’t supposed to in front of a cop, correct? That’s all I’m saying. Don’t broadcast it for the world to see...
Ahhh, yes, or no I would not do it if the cop was right there...

I get what you are saying now...the old "It ain't called cheating if you don't get caught" line of thinking. I agree and I like it!

Reactions: timnsun
If you accepted the money you should forfeit your college eligibility - pretty simple. And yes the players have been told the rules about a thousand times.

The NCAA rules are insane but they are what all member schools agree to. The impermissible benefits is particularly insane. OBJ's cash would not be an issue if it was available to all LSU students, the fact that he singled out some students (athletes) is what makes it impermissible.

It is so insane that when I was an athlete my house was on the route the bus would take from the interstate to the athletic facility. Every time we returned from a road trip it would have been so easy for the bus to stop and let me off but that would have been impermissable because a bus ride home was not available to all students. I had to sit on the bus, get to the drop off point and then walk home. Crazy.

We had a coach get in trouble as he was driving home from practice in a thunderstorm, crazy sideways rain. He saw one of his athletes walking home, soaking wet, no coat or umbrella. He stopped and gave the athlete a ride home, the nice common sense thing to do. He got nailed and it was self reported to the NCAA and there was some minor penalty because he didn't do it for every student he saw walking home that day.

If things like these can not go unpunished by the NCAA I would hope publicly handing out cash will not go unpunished but knowing it is the SEC and how they are treated with kid gloves I am sure it will be brushed off as no big deal.

Reactions: wkato and timnsun

You don't think it gives you a leg up in recruiting to advertise NFL millionaires handing cash to college players live on TV?

That's literally the only reason you do that on camera.

Let me ask you this-- if he slapped a female on the butt, what would have happened? He'd have been arrested, banned from the NFL, etc. This would have huge media coverage. Its 2020-- shouldn't he be treated the same regardless of the sex of the person he slapped? Right? Right? Anyone disagree?

Reactions: wkato and barney44
Let me ask you this-- if he slapped a female on the butt, what would have happened? He'd have been arrested, banned from the NFL, etc. This would have huge media coverage. Its 2020-- shouldn't he be treated the same regardless of the sex of the person he slapped? Right? Right? Anyone disagree?

I thought about that too!

It would be NATIONAL NEWS.

Honestly I think what everyone cares more about is how evenly the NCAA enforced their rules... or rather how uneven they enforce them...

In theory the rules are in place to remove that competitive advantage. In reality pretty much all schools break that rule. I personally think the NCAA is a joke and about as worthless as *its on a bore... with that said I totally agree with @timnsun if you’re going to cheat stop flaunting it... if you’re dumb enough to flaunt it then you should be punished... the NCAA needs to at least enforce the stupid rules they do have...

Now after all that I say the NCAA needs to seriously adjust their rules, there are too many kids that are put into positions like Tua that play their heart out and get injured and miss out on all that money they could have had.. all the while their university and their coach is making millions off of their play...Tua is just one example and he is more of the exception because even after his injury he will still make his money and get drafted early... but what about all the other kids that are out there and only have make shift degree that really isn’t worth anything to fall back on... because let’s face it, with the work load these kids have during college, the only thing they can typically major in is basket weaving... some will get good degrees but even with that they won’t make near what those coaches and university’s made off of them for the 4 years they were there

The fact that he had to make it all about himself and took the light off the fact that LSU just won a National Title is just sad. Now he may get his school and players in trouble and he has a warrant out for himself. What a knob he is.
If he is going to jeopardize his career he could just kneel for the national anthem. Why does he think he needs to go through all this trouble?

The guy is a cancer. Talented but trouble on the field and off. I truly believe the Browns would have been a playoff team and Kitchens would still have a job if not for this guy's effect on the team. Giants were wise to get rid of him and start over.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Why would they do that when they're literally about to go to the NFL and make some serious cash already after winning a natty and clearly being the most talented team in football this past season?

Dumb.

I also saw a video on twitter of OBJ taking the bands megaphone from a band member. He used it to yell into the crowd and refused to give it back for a few minutes.

LSU officials should have done more to watch over OBJ. Sure it's fine to celebrate, but you can't let a drunken celebrity hungry for attention do whatever he wants to do.

OBJ could have gave out that money in private and no one would have cared. He had to do it on the field in front of everyone for more attention like he took that megaphone to draw more attention to himself.

I just don’t get why he would do that. It’s his alma mater. Why do something so brazenly stupid?
I know, the NCAA likely does nothing, but at least pretend to be above board. Is that too much to ask?
He was plastered. He didn't think about what he was doing. You can't fix stupid and clearly he's stupid.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT