ADVERTISEMENT

O-line

Matthew Andersen has surprisingly put on little weight this offseason. At 6-6 255 he’s smaller than our TEs. Some people struggle to add weight and he appears to be one. As a redshirt frosh, he still has plenty of time but the influx of more s talent with size will make it tougher.
Yes but I believe Jake Young was a 3 year starter and all conference. Lots of small lineman. I was illustrating one that was very very good despite his stature.

Hey, hey, DA Bears never did noting to youuuz..
😬
Yes they did. They hired Mark Trestman, the Mike Reilly of the NFL, at the same time Mike was coaching NU. Then they traded up to draft Mitchell Trubisky and paid Mike Glennon like 18 million dollars to be the starter so Mitch could learn under him.

Will I ever forgive them? Hard to say.

Now I get to watch "offensive guru" Matt Nagy try to outsmart himself every Sunday by running Cordarelle Patterson between the tackles and allow his offensive players to get away with dog shit effort on a consistent basis. How they're 5-1 is a total mystery to me.

Reactions: keilwitzg
Yes they did. They hired Mark Trestman, the Mike Reilly of the NFL, at the same time Mike was coaching NU. Then they traded up to draft Mitchell Trubisky and paid Mike Glennon like 18 million dollars to be the starter so Mitch could learn under him.

Will I ever forgive them? Hard to say.

Now I get to watch "offensive guru" Matt Nagy try to outsmart himself every Sunday by running Cordarelle Patterson between the tackles and allow his offensive players to get away with dog shit effort on a consistent basis. How they're 5-1 is a total mystery to me.
You're just spoiled from the Jay Cutler era.

• Haha
Reactions: cubsker
If you want to put the size of those dudes into future perspective, consider these nuggets:

At the start of the 2017 season, which really included most of Mike Riley's players up front, Nebraska's offensive line was the 3rd smallest group in the Big Ten averaging:
6'3 7/8 .... 298.

The 2020 unit will now be the biggest group in the Big Ten averaging:
6'5 1/2 .... 312 lbs

Coincidentally, when Nebraska first shifted to the 3-4 in 2017, they grossly undersized to play that defense in the Big Ten. Across the board, that unit averaged 6'3 293. The two deep overall, was even worse at 6'2 3/4.... 288.

In 2020, Nebraska's two deep along the DL will average 6'5 1/4... 312 lbs.

When Frost arrived, he self scouted his team quickly and realized they had to dramatically overhaul their size and physicality along the line of scrimmage and in the defensive backfield. They've accomplished both those goals in three seasons.

If they want to make a full transition into a perennial division contender, they need to continue the overhaul at LB. Mike Riley set that position group back to 1960.
Don't think you can entirely blame Riley for the LB position. Bo didn't recruit LB and left the position depleted. His defense was not predicated on the use of lb as he transitioned from the Big 12.

Don't think you can entirely blame Riley for the LB position. Bo didn't recruit LB and left the position depleted. His defense was not predicated on the use of lb as he transitioned from the Big 12.
There's this thing called junior college where you can get players who are more physically ready to play right away. I'm sure Riley utilized this to correct the depleted position Bo left him. Oh wait...

There's this thing called junior college where you can get players who are more physically ready to play right away. I'm sure Riley utilized this to correct the depleted position Bo left him. Oh wait...
How many has Frost brought in that have contributed in three years? Honas is the only player regardless of position that comes to mind. Seems like the rest don't make it or if they make it, they don't get on campus until August not ready to contribute.

How many has Frost brought in that have contributed in three years? Honas is the only player regardless of position that comes to mind. Seems like the rest don't make it or if they make it, they don't get on campus until August not ready to contribute.

Mills. Deontai Williams (hurt last year). Several new JUCOs this year need to make impact for the Huskers to make any noise.

Reactions: oldjar07
Benhart could be our first 5 year starter

edit: Jurgens will hold that honor
I don't think Jurgens will be here for 4 more years. IF he continues to improve like I believe he will, his physical talent will put him in the NFL before his eligibility expires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT