ADVERTISEMENT

NU Will Win A Lot of Games This Year

Spreading these kind of rumors isn't going to "elevate the program". This crap was started by some people who wanted Frost fired.a
I'm not being paid $5 Million, now $4 Million to 'elevate" the program. NU already found Frost can't elevate the program at 5Mil.
Maybe 4Mil will be his wheelhouse.
'
Go figure out "WHO" started the rumor and direct your comments toward them.

My comment followed by it takes two to tango.
I never originated the rumor, I'm also not a Frost defender.

If Frost preferred rumors, from others, not me, to not circulate maybe he should have been an adult and not act like he's still back in college throwing passes in practice.

You need to get off your high horse.
What?

I coach and have been out of school as long as Frost has and I still throw passes and goof around with players.

I'm not being paid $5 Million, now $4 Million to 'elevate" the program. NU already found Frost can't elevate the program at 5Mil.
Maybe 4Mil will be his wheelhouse.
'
Go figure out "WHO" started the rumor and direct your comments toward them.
You repeated it twice in this thread. That's enough.

You repeated it twice in this thread. That's enough.
I'm not being paid $ 5 Million, now $ 4 Million to "elevate" the program. NU already found Frost can't elevate the
program at 5 Mil.

Maybe 4 Mil will be his wheelhouse.

Go figure out "WHO" started the rumor and direct your comments to them.

How about once more for good measure?

(Make that three times now).

If we win 8 games this season, it’s most likely going to come from some ugly low scoring wins credited from a very good defense.

Not worried about the D. We have a better D-line than last year, more experience at LB, and our secondary reloads (probably the deepest unit on the team). We lost Cam but we should have gained a much better pass rush and less time in the pocket for opposing QB should trickle down to less time for a CB to be in coverage so that will help our youth at corner.

But sadly our offense isn’t very good. Pretty much every unit on offense needs help and isn’t good enough to win shoot-outs

but we can still win 8 maybe even 9 games, if we don’t make mistakes, play great defense and play field position. We couldn’t do that last year because of Special Teams but I trust Busch and it doesn’t change as much on ST. Starts with kickers who aren’t mental. But this will also heavily fall on Frost being honest with himself and realize we don’t have the guns on offense to try to win high scoring games

But this will also heavily fall on Frost being honest with himself and realize we don’t have the guns on offense to try to win high scoring games
Frost isn’t allowed anywhere near the offense when it comes to any type of decision making - his presence is purely ornamental

• Haha
Reactions: OzzyLvr
Frost isn’t allowed anywhere near the offense when it comes to any type of decision making - his presence is purely ornamental
Maybe so but he’s going to need to veto Whip at times when it’s 3rd and long @ mid-field and we need to play conservative for field position vs going for low percentage plays. That’s what a CEO does. Frost needs to think more long term. Something none of us know if he can actually do

This year needs to be about winning games. And the way to do that is via ugly B1G football. Let the new offensive coaches develop the younger better talented guys for the future without them having to be forced in the fire.

Do you have a 150 player squad with 6 Division 1 QB's?
Super Fan, I'm not intentionally being a smart ass.

It just seems with a huge squad, 16 WR's and 6 D-1 QB's the program should be trying to develop a rhythm between actual team members. With the lack of progress of our QB's the last 4 years it seems more reps are in order.

I know a LOT of position coaches throw passes to their position group. I don't know how much that applies to the head coach overseeing 150 players doing it. There may be some for all I know.

The OWH's top 50 Husker countdown has completed No. 50 (Mauga-Clements) through No. 3 (Trey Palmer). The players likely to be in the top 2: Mathis and Thompson.

In other words, Nebraska's top 3 players pre-season weren't with the team last year, and 18 of the top 50 players are transfers or were injured most of last season. Players in the top 50 who didn't play for Nebraska last year (or played only a few games):
1 or 2. Casey Thompson
1 or 2. Ochaun Mathis
3. Trey Palmer
6. Teddy Prochazka (injured after starting twice)
10. Anthony Grant
15. Devin Drew
17. Tommi Hill
23. Chubba Purdy
28. Brian Buschini
29. Kevin Williams
30. Stephon Wynn
35. Isaiah Garcia-Casteneda
36. Timmy Bleekrode
37. Thomas Fidone (injured)
40. DeShon Singleton
41. Janiran Bonner
43. Marcus Washington
46. Gabe Ervin (early injury in 2021)

We could indeed be really good ... or really bad, again.

And that's always more exciting than watching a Brian Ferentz offense. Thank goodness I've moved to Maryland and no longer work at the U of Iowa.

The OWH's top 50 Husker countdown has completed No. 50 (Mauga-Clements) through No. 3 (Trey Palmer). The players likely to be in the top 2: Mathis and Thompson.

In other words, Nebraska's top 3 players pre-season weren't with the team last year, and 18 of the top 50 players are transfers or were injured most of last season. Players in the top 50 who didn't play for Nebraska last year (or played only a few games):
1 or 2. Casey Thompson
1 or 2. Ochaun Mathis
3. Trey Palmer
6. Teddy Prochazka (injured after starting twice)
10. Anthony Grant
15. Devin Drew
17. Tommi Hill
23. Chubba Purdy
28. Brian Buschini
29. Kevin Williams
30. Stephon Wynn
35. Isaiah Garcia-Casteneda
36. Timmy Bleekrode
37. Thomas Fidone (injured)
40. DeShon Singleton
41. Janiran Bonner
43. Marcus Washington
46. Gabe Ervin (early injury in 2021)

We could indeed be really good ... or really bad, again.

And that's always more exciting than watching a Brian Ferentz offense. Thank goodness I've moved to Maryland and no longer work at the U of Iowa.
Congratulations on your new endeavor.. Ioway City is a great college town but their fans think there better than what the rest of the country Perceives them..

Ioway City is a great college town
IC is about sixth on the list of college towns I've lived in, behind Lawrence, Coral Gables, Fort Collins, Boulder and Gainesville. Lincoln, BTW, is a city, and is difficult to compare to places, such as Iowa City, that have relatively limited cultural options. And yes, the presence of Iowans in Iowa City is a significant downside.

I'm not being paid $ 5 Million, now $ 4 Million to "elevate" the program. NU already found Frost can't elevate the
program at 5 Mil.

Maybe 4 Mil will be his wheelhouse.

Go figure out "WHO" started the rumor and direct your comments to them.

How about once more for good measure?

(Make that three times now)
So was I supposed to just let your gaffe slide and help perpetuate the lies? You are responsible for your posts even if you're not the one who fabricated the story. You compound your guilt by continuing to refuse to own your mistake.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So was I supposed to just let your gaffe slide and help perpetuate the lies? You are responsible for your posts even if you're not the one who fabricated the story. You compound your guilt by continuing to refuse to own your mistake.
Dingle, you need to quit trying to be hall monitor. You're not an administrator, you're a fellow board member, thus, your perceived authority.

I suggest you stroke your beard, light your pipe, and go back to lecturing college kids Professor.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I didn't start the rumor nor did I ask you to perpetuate the lie. I am responsible for my posts and you might be well served to just put me on Ignore so you don't get farther upset by my posts.

"Guilt" is a funny ****ing word to use on a message board. Go analyze someone you have authority over. I have the right to make comments on Frost, a scant few are positive, most are negative. You keeping score?

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Then how's come no one else is bent out of shape about it? Keep on raggin about it, and I'll keep on doing it.

Thought tailgating there was really fun in the neighborhood when we played them in the 1980’s and late 1990’s..

Been there for basketball games and it’s not a $&ithole.
I've been to several Husker games there. Plenty of drinking. That's about it. JMO. We're spoiled by Lincoln and Omaha IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky and 9and4
Then how's come no one else is bent out of shape about it? Keep on raggin about it, and I'll keep on doing it.
All you have to do is say "I was wrong". It's not that tough and people will think the better of you when you admit your errors. I'm not "bent out of shape". You're the one who seems to have his pecker in his zipper.

All you have to do is say "I was wrong". It's not that tough and people will think the better of you when you admit your errors. I'm not "bent out of shape". You're the one who seems to have his pecker in his zipper.
Don't hold your breath.

I haven't seen a big clamoring from others for me to admit a mistake which I didn't make.

I didn't start the rumor, so go find the sources and see if you can get them to admit their mistake.

I'm sure Frost gives a shit less what rumor was started on a message board.

You will NOT see the day I admit to a mistake I didn't make. Keep on wasting your time.

Last edited:
"Compound my guilt." What the **** you talking about? I don't owe you anything buddy boy.

You don't like me, I don't like you. That works for me.

I've never been a Kool-Aid drinker based on what I read, rather based on what I see.

NU has the potential to be a serious team this year, one that I think will surpass most expectations.

After I lay out my reasons, I'm happy to take criticism or ridicule now or when my predictions fizzle. (I do however reserve the right to become defensive, offer excuses, etc.).

I'm basing my predictions on a lot of factors which are yet to play out. Some are critical, others really important.

This is a NEW program, on the surface I don't recognize this as what we've endured the last 4 years.

To me, it's the beginning of NU's return to prominence. It's almost as if a new head coach has been brought in.

This may turn into a TLDR post, so do as you'd prefer.

The adults are in charge now. With the hiring of Trev and the inclusion of serious position coaches, those changes may have given this program the turnaround we've been waiting a couple decades for.

So many of NU's past woes have been addressed, yet, their implementation, level of improvement(s), and results remain to be seen.

I "think" as Mickey Joseph goes, so goes this team. He seems to be a no-nonsense, no excuse, get it done kinda guy.
That's a fricking revelation to me.

It "appears" Whipple will be in charge of the play-calling, with Frost adding in some valuable set-up plays that can be designed to get a Austin Allen or Rahmir Johnson catching cold due to a really timely play call from Frost.

I'll give Frost his due, he can sometimes call really great plays, just not over the course of a game at this level.

I think NU has plenty of offensive weapons, of course, the bugaboo is the overall OL. If Teddy is healthy, and Corcoran finds his true position, NU (next year) is poised to have a couple of dominant OL men.

That's a good start when we add in the fact NU is finally beginning to get some "age" to go along with their experience.

Corcoran struggled at both LG and RT last year. But, he's a nasty dude, and he has outstanding tools for a big kid. He may wind up at Center or LG/RG, at some point a position will prove how good he really can be.

Nouili doing his bonehead thing really hurt this OL, but Raiola's job is to put the whole thing together, and I'm confident he'll be a huge improvement over Austin.

When I watch that 6 minute clip and I see Teddy and Williams riding their guy outside having their helmets cemented inside the DL men's helmet, their hustle and physical contact is really good to see.

If Raiola can get a Benhart to stay in close contact and keep his fricking helmet on the other guy and not keep losing contact, despite his slow feet and short arms, he has a chance to be much improved.

I don't think Williams has a ton of foot speed, yet, he stuck right with the defender because I think Raiola may demand that close, physical contact.

I've dogged Benhart for two years and I wish he'd do something to shut me up.

Obviously, Thompson has to be multiple levels better than Martinez in the "bonehead/turnover" department. He's gonna throw pics, I just hope he's able to get rid of the ball quick, throw the long ball when protection allows, and take care of the ball.

Though unproven, I think our RB stable is very good, We know what Rahmir and Ervin can and can't do. Assuming he knows the playbook, we've not seen what a slimmed down version of what Yant might look like.

He has the physical tools to be a monster. The wildcards, to me, are Grant and Allen.

If one (Yant, Grant, Allen) emerges as the stud, NU will move the ball on the ground against most teams.

On the offensive side, IF Busch has done his thing, and with his teaching, along with the fact Mickey demands all of his receivers be a part of the kicking game, NU potentially turns last year's disaster unit into at least an equal comparison to most opponent's.

Last thing on the offense. It looks like Mickey is leading the mental part of this side of the ball. Throw in Raiola's different style, (and when was the last time we seen a Raiola be anything other than physically aggressive?), that unit, by default will improve.

If the overall unit moved from one of the worst in the country, to just be an "average line," I'll take it.

I'll probably do a similar post on the defensive side of the ball. I watch a ton of video, I've always slowed it down to 25% speed to allow for a closer look and when I coached baseball I took the time to go frame by frame on hitters or pitchers to try to improve their game.

To me, that's the only way to try to make meaningful adjustments to any aspect of performance.

At the risk of getting my ass kicked verbally, and assuming Gabriel doesn't carve NU up, I think NU beats OU straight-up in Lincoln.
I wouldn't be surprised to see NU at 9-0 heading into Michigan.

Of course, this team will need to LEARN how to win, then FIND a way to actually start winning games on the road before that could happen.

I wouldn't be shocked to see NU finish about 10-2. I had predicted 6-6 earlier, then 8-4. I'll set myself up to take a beating, some good/some not so good ribbing if NU has a repeat of any of the first 4 seasons.

Having Thompson go down, or finding he is far less than advertised combined with the same ole, same ole from the OL and this prediction will be ripe for a valid thumping.

I've always been a firm believer if you work on your weaknesses, your strengths take care of themselves.

NU, is a physically talented football, the mistakes, poor overall coaching, forgetting how to win, making excuses for failure have all been part of their
makeup since Frost and even way before he arrived.

If NU continues that, I'll get smoked by this post. Oh, well.

Fire away!
Ugh. This won’t end well.

Reactions: Truewooper
There have been a fair share of sunshine pumpers on here who have missed the mark too many times to count on Frost. Tonight should put that final fork into “most” of them.

I've never been a Kool-Aid drinker based on what I read, rather based on what I see.

NU has the potential to be a serious team this year, one that I think will surpass most expectations.

After I lay out my reasons, I'm happy to take criticism or ridicule now or when my predictions fizzle. (I do however reserve the right to become defensive, offer excuses, etc.).

I'm basing my predictions on a lot of factors which are yet to play out. Some are critical, others really important.

This is a NEW program, on the surface I don't recognize this as what we've endured the last 4 years.

To me, it's the beginning of NU's return to prominence. It's almost as if a new head coach has been brought in.

This may turn into a TLDR post, so do as you'd prefer.

The adults are in charge now. With the hiring of Trev and the inclusion of serious position coaches, those changes may have given this program the turnaround we've been waiting a couple decades for.

So many of NU's past woes have been addressed, yet, their implementation, level of improvement(s), and results remain to be seen.

I "think" as Mickey Joseph goes, so goes this team. He seems to be a no-nonsense, no excuse, get it done kinda guy.
That's a fricking revelation to me.

It "appears" Whipple will be in charge of the play-calling, with Frost adding in some valuable set-up plays that can be designed to get a Austin Allen or Rahmir Johnson catching cold due to a really timely play call from Frost.

I'll give Frost his due, he can sometimes call really great plays, just not over the course of a game at this level.

I think NU has plenty of offensive weapons, of course, the bugaboo is the overall OL. If Teddy is healthy, and Corcoran finds his true position, NU (next year) is poised to have a couple of dominant OL men.

That's a good start when we add in the fact NU is finally beginning to get some "age" to go along with their experience.

Corcoran struggled at both LG and RT last year. But, he's a nasty dude, and he has outstanding tools for a big kid. He may wind up at Center or LG/RG, at some point a position will prove how good he really can be.

Nouili doing his bonehead thing really hurt this OL, but Raiola's job is to put the whole thing together, and I'm confident he'll be a huge improvement over Austin.

When I watch that 6 minute clip and I see Teddy and Williams riding their guy outside having their helmets cemented inside the DL men's helmet, their hustle and physical contact is really good to see.

If Raiola can get a Benhart to stay in close contact and keep his fricking helmet on the other guy and not keep losing contact, despite his slow feet and short arms, he has a chance to be much improved.

I don't think Williams has a ton of foot speed, yet, he stuck right with the defender because I think Raiola may demand that close, physical contact.

I've dogged Benhart for two years and I wish he'd do something to shut me up.

Obviously, Thompson has to be multiple levels better than Martinez in the "bonehead/turnover" department. He's gonna throw pics, I just hope he's able to get rid of the ball quick, throw the long ball when protection allows, and take care of the ball.

Though unproven, I think our RB stable is very good, We know what Rahmir and Ervin can and can't do. Assuming he knows the playbook, we've not seen what a slimmed down version of what Yant might look like.

He has the physical tools to be a monster. The wildcards, to me, are Grant and Allen.

If one (Yant, Grant, Allen) emerges as the stud, NU will move the ball on the ground against most teams.

On the offensive side, IF Busch has done his thing, and with his teaching, along with the fact Mickey demands all of his receivers be a part of the kicking game, NU potentially turns last year's disaster unit into at least an equal comparison to most opponent's.

Last thing on the offense. It looks like Mickey is leading the mental part of this side of the ball. Throw in Raiola's different style, (and when was the last time we seen a Raiola be anything other than physically aggressive?), that unit, by default will improve.

If the overall unit moved from one of the worst in the country, to just be an "average line," I'll take it.

I'll probably do a similar post on the defensive side of the ball. I watch a ton of video, I've always slowed it down to 25% speed to allow for a closer look and when I coached baseball I took the time to go frame by frame on hitters or pitchers to try to improve their game.

To me, that's the only way to try to make meaningful adjustments to any aspect of performance.

At the risk of getting my ass kicked verbally, and assuming Gabriel doesn't carve NU up, I think NU beats OU straight-up in Lincoln.
I wouldn't be surprised to see NU at 9-0 heading into Michigan.

Of course, this team will need to LEARN how to win, then FIND a way to actually start winning games on the road before that could happen.

I wouldn't be shocked to see NU finish about 10-2. I had predicted 6-6 earlier, then 8-4. I'll set myself up to take a beating, some good/some not so good ribbing if NU has a repeat of any of the first 4 seasons.

Having Thompson go down, or finding he is far less than advertised combined with the same ole, same ole from the OL and this prediction will be ripe for a valid thumping.

I've always been a firm believer if you work on your weaknesses, your strengths take care of themselves.

NU, is a physically talented football, the mistakes, poor overall coaching, forgetting how to win, making excuses for failure have all been part of their
makeup since Frost and even way before he arrived.

If NU continues that, I'll get smoked by this post. Oh, well.

Fire away!
bump

ADVERTISEMENT