ADVERTISEMENT

NU Will Win A Lot of Games This Year

itseasyas1-2-3

Recruiting Coordinator
Sep 6, 2021
I've never been a Kool-Aid drinker based on what I read, rather based on what I see.

NU has the potential to be a serious team this year, one that I think will surpass most expectations.

After I lay out my reasons, I'm happy to take criticism or ridicule now or when my predictions fizzle. (I do however reserve the right to become defensive, offer excuses, etc.).

I'm basing my predictions on a lot of factors which are yet to play out. Some are critical, others really important.

This is a NEW program, on the surface I don't recognize this as what we've endured the last 4 years.

To me, it's the beginning of NU's return to prominence. It's almost as if a new head coach has been brought in.

This may turn into a TLDR post, so do as you'd prefer.

The adults are in charge now. With the hiring of Trev and the inclusion of serious position coaches, those changes may have given this program the turnaround we've been waiting a couple decades for.

So many of NU's past woes have been addressed, yet, their implementation, level of improvement(s), and results remain to be seen.

I "think" as Mickey Joseph goes, so goes this team. He seems to be a no-nonsense, no excuse, get it done kinda guy.
That's a fricking revelation to me.

It "appears" Whipple will be in charge of the play-calling, with Frost adding in some valuable set-up plays that can be designed to get a Austin Allen or Rahmir Johnson catching cold due to a really timely play call from Frost.

I'll give Frost his due, he can sometimes call really great plays, just not over the course of a game at this level.

I think NU has plenty of offensive weapons, of course, the bugaboo is the overall OL. If Teddy is healthy, and Corcoran finds his true position, NU (next year) is poised to have a couple of dominant OL men.

That's a good start when we add in the fact NU is finally beginning to get some "age" to go along with their experience.

Corcoran struggled at both LG and RT last year. But, he's a nasty dude, and he has outstanding tools for a big kid. He may wind up at Center or LG/RG, at some point a position will prove how good he really can be.

Nouili doing his bonehead thing really hurt this OL, but Raiola's job is to put the whole thing together, and I'm confident he'll be a huge improvement over Austin.

When I watch that 6 minute clip and I see Teddy and Williams riding their guy outside having their helmets cemented inside the DL men's helmet, their hustle and physical contact is really good to see.

If Raiola can get a Benhart to stay in close contact and keep his fricking helmet on the other guy and not keep losing contact, despite his slow feet and short arms, he has a chance to be much improved.

I don't think Williams has a ton of foot speed, yet, he stuck right with the defender because I think Raiola may demand that close, physical contact.

I've dogged Benhart for two years and I wish he'd do something to shut me up.

Obviously, Thompson has to be multiple levels better than Martinez in the "bonehead/turnover" department. He's gonna throw pics, I just hope he's able to get rid of the ball quick, throw the long ball when protection allows, and take care of the ball.

Though unproven, I think our RB stable is very good, We know what Rahmir and Ervin can and can't do. Assuming he knows the playbook, we've not seen what a slimmed down version of what Yant might look like.

He has the physical tools to be a monster. The wildcards, to me, are Grant and Allen.

If one (Yant, Grant, Allen) emerges as the stud, NU will move the ball on the ground against most teams.

On the offensive side, IF Busch has done his thing, and with his teaching, along with the fact Mickey demands all of his receivers be a part of the kicking game, NU potentially turns last year's disaster unit into at least an equal comparison to most opponent's.

Last thing on the offense. It looks like Mickey is leading the mental part of this side of the ball. Throw in Raiola's different style, (and when was the last time we seen a Raiola be anything other than physically aggressive?), that unit, by default will improve.

If the overall unit moved from one of the worst in the country, to just be an "average line," I'll take it.

I'll probably do a similar post on the defensive side of the ball. I watch a ton of video, I've always slowed it down to 25% speed to allow for a closer look and when I coached baseball I took the time to go frame by frame on hitters or pitchers to try to improve their game.

To me, that's the only way to try to make meaningful adjustments to any aspect of performance.

At the risk of getting my ass kicked verbally, and assuming Gabriel doesn't carve NU up, I think NU beats OU straight-up in Lincoln.
I wouldn't be surprised to see NU at 9-0 heading into Michigan.

Of course, this team will need to LEARN how to win, then FIND a way to actually start winning games on the road before that could happen.

I wouldn't be shocked to see NU finish about 10-2. I had predicted 6-6 earlier, then 8-4. I'll set myself up to take a beating, some good/some not so good ribbing if NU has a repeat of any of the first 4 seasons.

Having Thompson go down, or finding he is far less than advertised combined with the same ole, same ole from the OL and this prediction will be ripe for a valid thumping.

I've always been a firm believer if you work on your weaknesses, your strengths take care of themselves.

NU, is a physically talented football, the mistakes, poor overall coaching, forgetting how to win, making excuses for failure have all been part of their
makeup since Frost and even way before he arrived.

If NU continues that, I'll get smoked by this post. Oh, well.

Fire away!

Last edited:
That's a lot of "ifs" but I can agree in general that I'm hopeful that we'll see something different this year. However, I have an overriding fear that nothing can fix Frost. I hear troubling things from people that are very peripherally around the athletic department. I do think Trev has tried hard to rectify the core problems, but if Frost can't get organized and be a respected leader is it possible for the program to succeed? Are there examples of successful programs with incompetent head coaches?

I've never been a Kool-Aid drinker based on what I read, rather based on what I see.

NU has the potential to be a serious team this year, one that I think will surpass most expectations.

After I lay out my reasons, I'm happy to take criticism or ridicule now or when my predictions fizzle. (I do however reserve the right to become defensive, offer excuses, etc.).

I'm basing my predictions on a lot of factors which are yet to play out. Some are critical, others really important.

This is a NEW program, on the surface I don't recognize this as what we've endured the last 4 years.

To me, it's the beginning of NU's return to prominence. It's almost as if a new head coach has been brought in.

The adults are in charge now. With the hiring of Trev and the inclusion of serious position coaches, those changes may have given this program the turnaround we've been waiting a couple decades for.

So many of NU's past woes have been addressed, yet, their implementation, level of improvement(s), and results remain to be seen.

I "think" as Mickey Joseph goes, so goes this team. He seems to be a no-nonsense, no excuse, get it done kinda guy.

It "appears" Whipple will be in charge of the play-calling, with Frost adding in some valuable set-up plays that can be designed to get a Austin Allen or Rahmir Johnson catching cold due to a really timely play call from Frost.

I'll give Frost his due, he can sometimes call really great plays, just not over the course of a game at this level.

I think NU has plenty of offensive weapons, of course, the bugaboo is the overall OL. If Teddy is healthy, and Corcoran finds his true position, NU (next year) is poised to have a couple of dominant OL men.

That's a good start when we add in the fact NU is finally beginning to get some "age" to go along with their experience.

Corcoran struggled at both LG and RT last year. But, he's a nasty dude, and he has outstanding tools for a big kid. He may wind up at Center or LG/RG, at some point a position will prove how good he really can be.

Nouili doing his bonehead thing really hurt this OL, but Raiola's job is to put the whole thing together, and I'm confident he'll be a huge improvement over Austin.

When I watch that 6 minute clip and I see Teddy and Williams riding their guy outside having their helmets cemented inside the DL men's helmet, their hustle and physical contact is really good to see.

If Raiola can get a Benhart to stay in close contact and keep his fricking helmet on the other guy and not keep losing contact, despite his slow feet and short arms, he has a chance to be much improved.

I don't think Williams has a ton of foot speed, yet, he stuck right with the defender because I think Raiola may demand that close, physical contact.

Obviously, Thompson has to be multiple levels better than Martinez in the "bonehead/turnover" department. He's gonna throw pics, I just hope he's able to get rid of the ball quick, throw the long ball when protection allows, and take care of the ball.

Though unproven, I think our RB stable is very good, We know what Rahmir and Ervin can and can't do. Assuming he knows the playbook, we've not seen what a slimmed down version of what Yant might look like.

He has the physical tools to be a monster. The wildcards, to me, are Grant and Allen.

If one (Yant, Grant, Allen) emerges as the stud, NU will move the ball on the ground against most teams.

On the offensive side, IF Busch has done his thing, and with his teaching, along with the fact Mickey demands all of his receivers be a part of the kicking game, NU potentially turns last year's disaster unit into at least an equal comparison to most opponent's.

Last thing on the offense. It looks like Mickey is leading the mental part of this side of the ball. Throw in Raiola's different style, (and when was the last time we seen a Raiola be anything other than physically aggressive?), that unit, by default will improve.

If the overall unit moved from one of the worst in the country, to just be an "average line," I'll take it.

I'll probably do a similar post on the defensive side of the ball. I watch a ton of video, I've always slowed it down to 25% speed to allow for a closer look and when I coached baseball I took the time to go frame by frame on hitters or pitchers to try to improve their game.

To me, that's the only way to try to make meaningful adjustments to any aspect of performance.

At the risk of getting my ass kicked verbally, and assuming Gabriel doesn't carve NU up, I think NU beats OU straight-up in Lincoln.

Of course, this team will need to LEARN how to win, then FIND a way to actually start winning games on the road before that could happen.

I wouldn't be shocked to see NU finish about 10-2. I had predicted 6-6 earlier, then 8-4. I'll set myself up to take a beating, some good/some not so good ribbing if NU has a repeat of any of the first 4 seasons.

Having Thompson go down, or finding he is far less than advertised combined with the same ole, same ole from the OL and this prediction will be ripe for a valid thumping.

I've always been a firm believer if you work on your weaknesses, your strengths take care of themselves.

NU, is a physically talented football, the mistakes, poor overall coaching, forgetting how to win, making excuses for failure have all been part of their

Fire away!

69120638.jpg

Generally agree, my koolaid glass is inching over half full. Feels like a really different team, just a matter of some new parts gelling which I think they will. Transfers are part of the game now, so every team has a bit of that potential problem too.

That's a lot of "ifs" but I can agree in general that I'm hopeful that we'll see something different this year. However, I have an overriding fear that nothing can fix Frost. I hear troubling things from people that are very peripherally around the athletic department. I do think Trev has tried hard to rectify the core problems, but if Frost can't get organized and be a respected leader is it possible for the program to succeed? Are there examples of successful programs with incompetent head coaches?
Those are good observations mgbreis.

I don't remember incompetent coaches fielding successful teams, but, I don't "think" Trev is gonna let Frost fvck this up if it starts going in the right direction.

I've always felt a head coach, to a certain success level, is totally dependent on the quality of his assistants. Hayden Fry at Iowa probably wasn't a great coach, but man, his assistant coaching staff was spectacular. Thus they won, yet Fry wasn't "that" caliber coach to take them to the ELITE level.

When a program has a really great assistant staff, to get to the very ELITE level is when the head coach makes the difference. It's no mistake the TO's, Bowden's, Paterno's, Stoops, Sweeney's, etc got to and remained at the top for a long time.

Even look at LSU under the southern groper, Brady as OC and Aranda as the DC made that a tremendous team. Without those 2, and of course Burrow with a career season, would have not approached 15-0. So, in that case, the Head Coach probably stayed out of the road. That's about as close as I can come, but I'm just guessing.

I don't think anyone disagrees that dismissing Mario, Held, Austin and Lubick would do anything but completely elevate NU's prospects. We witnessed the non-improvement from Martinez, Austin, and maybe even Held, and we can't judge Lubick on one yeear. When we go from may 3 of 4, or all 4, incompetent coaches to maybe 2-3-4 or all 4 high caliber coaches, that's a tremendous move.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and tstaup
Those are good observations mgbreis.

I don't remember incompetent coaches fielding successful teams, but, I don't "think" Trev is gonna let Frost fvck this up if it starts going in the right direction.

I've always felt a head coach, to a certain success level, is totally dependent on the quality of his assistants. Hayden Fry at Iowa probably wasn't a great coach, but man, his assistant coaching staff was spectacular. Thus they won, yet Fry wasn't "that" caliber coach to take them to the ELITE level.

When a program has a really great assistant staff, to get to the very ELITE level is when the head coach makes the difference. It's no mistake the TO's, Bowden's, Paterno's, Stoops, Sweeney's, etc got to and remained at the top for a long time.

Even look at LSU under the southern groper, Brady as OC and Aranda as the DC made that a tremendous team. Without those 2, and of course Burrow with a career season, would have not approached 15-0. So, in that case, the Head Coach probably stayed out of the road. That's about as close as I can come, but I'm just guessing.

I don't think anyone disagrees that dismissing Mario, Held, Austin and Lubick would do anything but completely elevate NU's prospects. We witnessed the non-improvement from Martinez, Austin, and maybe even Held, and we can't judge Lubick on one yeear. When we go from may 3 of 4, or all 4, incompetent coaches to maybe 2-3-4 or all 4 high caliber coaches, that's a tremendous move.
I'm with you, and believe me I WANT Frost to succeed!

I'd love to see the Husker fans enjoy some success after such a dry spell.

It's been part of our identity for much of our lives, and getting our asses kicked and becoming a national non-factor has taken it's toll.

I realize I have a lot of "if's" in what I posted. But, I also know the VALUE of having some really great assistants, and NU has taken a big step forward.

There's no doubt, Trev probably figures Frost is a hindrance towards NU returning to national prominence, I just don't see him letting this thing get started forward, and then letting the guy who let the thing slide, continue to mess things up.

Of course, I am totally outside the program and things are no doubt much different in reality than I may realize.

When does a post cross over the line and become a manifesto?
Well, TLDR means too long didn't read. That was your option Redmich.

I would have toned it down a bit if I were limited to line space or amount of ink I could use.

You think I read all the long posts some guys post?

I hear troubling things from people that are very peripherally around the athletic department.
Out of curiosity, if this is true, why would Trev allow it? Wouldn't he want to "nip it in the bud"?

Some people say that TA is running a very tight ship with SF but then this. I'm struggling to see how both could be true. Maybe you, or someone, can help me understand. I don't know anyone who is peripherally around the athletic department in any way so I don't have any supporting or conflicting information but some things just don't make sense so I must be missing something.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Out of curiosity, if this is true, why would Trev allow it? Wouldn't he want to "nip it in the bud"?

Some people say that TA is running a very tight ship with SF but then this. I'm struggling to see how both could be true. Maybe you, or someone, can help me understand. I don't know anyone who is peripherally around the athletic department in any way so I don't have any supporting or conflicting information but some things just don't make sense so I must be missing something.
Rumors is all.. Like how he and coaches gather at Gate 25 then take some of the young girls home with them.. But with this day and age (cell phones) have yet to see anyyyyy photo or video evidence of any of that. I know for a fact Gate 25 don't take phones away from patrons, so I find it hard to believe.. But there are so many "connected" people on this board that seem to have other information..

Rumors is all.. Like how he and coaches gather at Gate 25 then take some of the young girls home with them.. But with this day and age (cell phones) have yet to see anyyyyy photo or video evidence of any of that. I know for a fact Gate 25 don't take phones away from patrons, so I find it hard to believe.. But there are so many "connected" people on this board that seem to have other information..
I'm not connected, nor have I made any allegations.

I agree, if there were carousing with women other than their wives, surely someone would have it on video.

There's enough in Frost's background, and some of it appears when he is unshaven in press conferences to infer he could have had a late night.

I know Scott is really a smart guy. I also think he's still a college kid cause he still wants to play QB in practice.

He had a very pretty wife and that didn't last very long, of course, it takes two to tango, so assigning blame is not the right thing to do.

But, if you're a young, really attractive woman and you latch onto a multi-millionaire at her young age, and then she's back in Florida and he's still here, is not exactly storybook.

There are rumors, and no way for anyone to confirm them.

At any rate, a college football HEAD COACH does have a certain level of decorum to maintain and present to the public, even when he's walking down the street or running into a store to buy diapers.

It "seems" and it may just be because of the 24 hour news cycle and the abundance of cell phone cameras, a lot more than usual coaches seem to like the strip clubs. Not saying Frost is or isn't, but Herman, Mike Price who got hired and then canned at Bama before he even began to coach have become a new breed of coaches.

I'm not judging anyone, but when someone in a major university gets promoted to Head Coach that is gonna be a whole lot more money than they've likely ever had. It seems to turn some of them into frat boys.

In my opinion, when you have the type of gig Frost has, huge pay, had a nice wife and young son, autonomy to do anything he wanted as the NU head coach, it seems a lot to piss away just to relive some youth. Would I do it? I don't know, many of would, many of us wouldn't.

Some of their wives will stay with their man, others just won't do it and hit the bricks with a rather sizeable child support payment. I don't blame either side.

Frost just seems angry and dissatisfied. I think his ego has been smashed and as a total narcissist that's a nasty blow. A lot of his "posse" had to hit the bricks, so the transition is likely very hard.

I really hope, if things don't work out for Frost he will land in the type of head coaching job that will just let him be the person he wants to be. He seemed to be a really happy camper at UCF, and he may miss that job of less pressure and of course, he is a stud play caller at that level.

As long as he has a McKenzie Milton pulling the trigger.

Right now as an NU fan, I'm more interested in NU beginning to elevate the program to a good level, and let the chips with Frost fall as they may. Either he gets the job done here or he doesn't.

I'm not connected, nor have I made any allegations.

I agree, if there were carousing with women other than their wives, surely someone would have it on video.

There's enough in Frost's background, and some of it appears when he is unshaven in press conferences to infer he could have had a late night.

I know Scott is really a smart guy. I also think he's still a college kid cause he still wants to play QB in practice.

He had a very pretty wife and that didn't last very long, of course, it takes two to tango, so assigning blame is not the right thing to do.

But, if you're a young, really attractive woman and you latch onto a multi-millionaire at her young age, and then she's back in Florida and he's still here, is not exactly storybook.

There are rumors, and no way for anyone to confirm them.

At any rate, a college football HEAD COACH does have a certain level of decorum to maintain and present to the public, even when he's walking down the street or running into a store to buy diapers.

It "seems" and it may just be because of the 24 hour news cycle and the abundance of cell phone cameras, a lot more than usual coaches seem to like the strip clubs. Not saying Frost is or isn't, but Herman, Mike Price who got hired and then canned at Bama before he even began to coach have become a new breed of coaches.

I'm not judging anyone, but when someone in a major university gets promoted to Head Coach that is gonna be a whole lot more money than they've likely ever had. It seems to turn some of them into frat boys.

In my opinion, when you have the type of gig Frost has, huge pay, had a nice wife and young son, autonomy to do anything he wanted as the NU head coach, it seems a lot to piss away just to relive some youth. Would I do it? I don't know, many of would, many of us wouldn't.

Some of their wives will stay with their man, others just won't do it and hit the bricks with a rather sizeable child support payment. I don't blame either side.

Frost just seems angry and dissatisfied. I think his ego has been smashed and as a total narcissist that's a nasty blow. A lot of his "posse" had to hit the bricks, so the transition is likely very hard.

I really hope, if things don't work out for Frost he will land in the type of head coaching job that will just let him be the person he wants to be. He seemed to be a really happy camper at UCF, and he may miss that job of less pressure and of course, he is a stud play caller at that level.

As long as he has a McKenzie Milton pulling the trigger.

Right now as an NU fan, I'm more interested in NU beginning to elevate the program to a good level, and let the chips with Frost fall as they may. Either he gets the job done here or he doesn't.
Damn, slow day at work? Definitely not reading that, but I will say he is still married.. I saw him with his wife and I'd assume kid at Ashland Days or whatever the f$#& it's called a few weekends ago

Damn, slow day at work? Definitely not reading that, but I will say he is still married.. I saw him with his wife and I'd assume kid at Ashland Days or whatever the f$#& it's called a few weekends ago
Been retired ten years this November, hence, really not accountable to you or anyone on my time management skills.

You've been on this board for all of 10 days, and some of us get a bit testy.

The beauty of this board is the Ignore button, use it. Like I just did.

• Haha
Reactions: resdog851

Fire away!
The biggest problem I see is that one could have made the argument that the upcoming season was the one that was going to turn it around every preseason since Frost got here. Yet the reality is that each season has turned out to be a major disappointment. I'm done speculating. Yes, I hope this season finally is the one but they have to prove it on the field before I'm going to be a believer. History doesn't lie.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
Been retired ten years this November, hence, really not accountable to you or anyone on my time management skills.

You've been on this board for all of 10 days, and some of us get a bit testy.

The beauty of this board is the Ignore button, use it. Like I just did.
Congrats on retirement. I actually joined last year but alright dude. Keep writing novels

The biggest problem I see is that one could have made the argument that the upcoming season was the one that was going to turn it around every preseason since Frost got here. Yet the reality is that each season has turned out to be a major disappointment. I'm done speculating. Yes, I hope this season finally is the one but they have to prove it on the field before I'm going to be a believer. History doesn't lie.
Agree, I had multiple "if's", "and's" or "buts" in what I wrote.

I can be totally wrong with what I wrote. It didn't take most of us long to figure out Scott is not excelling at this level or program.

A bunch of it was directly related to Frost, some of it was directly related to the poor quality of some of his assistants.

But, when you let a Center snap the ball all over the place for most of a year, you gotta ask yourself exactly how detail oriented is Frost. Same with the special teams. Same with the non-improvement of the QB spot.

There was a lot of raw meat to pick away at, don't you think?

When the Big Ten coaches rated Frost as the bottom coach in the league, and the national writers say Frost is #1 in the coaching hot seat in the country, I wouldn't be the only one thinking he's lacking.

Hell, NU might go 4-8 again. If we do, Frost is likely gonzo mid season. My post clearly says that's not what I expect. If NU has a really good year, and Frost retains his job and the program continues to grow and get better, to me, that represents wins, and that's important above all else with NU.

Everything has to go right this year for me to even be close to what I predicted, but 4 years of everything going wrong can't continue, or can it?

If I'm way wrong, I expect to get blasted on here. I don't take it personal, until it gets personal. Remember, I did say I reserve the right to get defensive or make excuses). I didn't avoid the probable.

Congrats on retirement. I actually joined last year but alright dude. Keep writing novels
I write screenplays and long posts.

That's why on line 6, I said if it's TLDR it meant, Too Long Didn't Read.
It implies it's long, not novel long, just long.

I don't read a lot of long posts either.

I write screenplays and long posts.

That's why on line 6, I said if it's TLDR it meant, Too Long Didn't Read.
It implies it's long, not novel long, just long.

I don't read a lot of long posts either.
I was referring to your second, useless reply to a comment that wasn’t directed to you

First of all, you set the criteria based on what you see, not what you read. Tell us all where you actually saw all of this verses read it. Considering how many front line players never played spring ball, to use your qualifier for optimism, you would need to be at practice every day.

Reactions: huskerfan66
First of all, you set the criteria based on what you see, not what you read. Tell us all where you actually saw all of this verses read it. Considering how many front line players never played spring ball, to use your qualifier for optimism, you would need to be at practice every day.
Under what theory do I owe you an explanation?

I don't feel the need to explain my methodology to another poster.

I wrote what I wrote, I wasn't seeking your approval.

Reactions: headcard
I share your optimism and hope we click this year. I will add a very important element that is needed for this team to reach the wins you believe we might achieve and that element is depth at the OL position. I think we need at least nine guys we can count on to do the job to get to the upper win total you speak of. Of all the groups I worry about it's the OL and it's only because of depth that I have my worries, I feel we have five solid starters but we need back ups badly.

Why will Nebraska win a whole lot more than last year, it's because I believe our defense is solid and like last year the defense will keep us in games, also we no longer have a turn over machine at the controls on offense. Winning in the BIG is much harder than the old days in the BIG 8 or BIG 12 so every game is a dog fight like it or not we are in a very competitive conference.

One more thing that gives me hope, we finally have good coaches coaching the offense and I believe they will pay big dividends.

Reactions: BleedRed78
You specifically said you were drinking the kool-aid but were basing things off of what you could see. When did you see all this? You made the comment, not me.
I never said I was drinking the Kool-Aid.

Like yourself, I don't rely on what someone else said, nor do I have to explain how I arrived at my opinion(s). Agree or not, that's what opinions.

Damn this is a tough one! I hate the revolving door - but Frost had 4 years at a Blue Chip program with massive university, alumni, and fan support to turn around a beloved football program. He didn’t just stumble, he failed massively!

The fact that ZERO coaches exist who started out with four losing seasons to become great gives me no confidence that Frost will somehow be the very first in history to break that trend.

I want the very best for the PROGRAM, not for Scott Frost. If that means:

1. More turnover to get the right fit.
2. Keep a coach who will turn around his own pathetic results for a future of 7, 8, and 9 win seasons.

I’ll pick #1. I’ve already suffered for years as a Huskers fan. A couple more for Trev to get the right fit is a small price.

I share your optimism and hope we click this year. I will add a very important element that is needed for this team to reach the wins you believe we might achieve and that element is depth at the OL position. I think we need at least nine guys we can count on to do the job to get to the upper win total you speak of. Of all the groups I worry about it's the OL and it's only because of depth that I have my worries, I feel we have five solid starters but we need back ups badly.

Why will Nebraska win a whole lot more than last year, it's because I believe our defense is solid and like last year the defense will keep us in games, also we no longer have a turn over machine at the controls on offense. Winning in the BIG is much harder than the old days in the BIG 8 or BIG 12 so every game is a dog fight like it or not we are in a very competitive conference.

One more thing that gives me hope, we finally have good coaches coaching the offense and I believe they will pay big dividends.
With Nouili ineligible and if Teddy or Corcoran aren't able to be near full speed, or one of both get re-injured, NU is in big trouble.

NU will need to stay healthy, expecially in a key area like the OL, or my post is going up in flames. I have a LOT of moving parts that have to work in order for NU to have a shot at a real good year.

NU swapped Indiana and Rutgers for Ohio State and Michigan State. That can't hurt.

They swapped Fordham and Buffalo for North Dakota and Georgia Southern, shouldn't be that much difference there.

Is NU going to be better this year? Will it result in a big improvement record wise? I don't know. Nobody knows.

That's why they're called predictions.

Reactions: BleedRed78
With Nouili ineligible and if Teddy or Corcoran aren't able to be near full speed, or one of both get re-injured, NU is in big trouble.

NU will need to stay healthy, expecially in a key area like the OL, or my post is going up in flames. I have a LOT of moving parts that have to work in order for NU to have a shot at a real good year.

NU swapped Indiana and Rutgers for Ohio State and Michigan State. That can't hurt.

They swapped Fordham and Buffalo for North Dakota and Georgia Southern, shouldn't be that much difference there.

Is NU going to be better this year? Will it result in a big improvement record wise? I don't know. Nobody knows.

That's why they're called predictions.
And that's why I said the biggest thing Nebraska needs to do is get depth at the OL. You know someone is going to get nicked up, it's nearly impossible to go a full year without someone going down for awhile. The old saying is next man up but that next man must be able to do the job with little drop off.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Damn this is a tough one! I hate the revolving door - but Frost had 4 years at a Blue Chip program with massive university, alumni, and fan support to turn around a beloved football program. He didn’t just stumble, he failed massively!

The fact that ZERO coaches exist who started out with four losing seasons to become great gives me no confidence that Frost will somehow be the very first in history to break that trend.

I want the very best for the PROGRAM, not for Scott Frost. If that means:

1. More turnover to get the right fit.
2. Keep a coach who will turn around his own pathetic results for a future of 7, 8, and 9 win seasons.

I’ll pick #1. I’ve already suffered for years as a Huskers fan. A couple more for Trev to get the right fit is a small price.
I think NikkiSix in Post #61 of the other thread (Does Trev part ways...) could be right about Frost.

When Frost was at Oregon and when he was the Head Coach at UCF he seemed like he really enjoyed what he was doing. Obviously, winning cures a lot of things.

NU got started 0-6 and a lot of the time Frost just doesn't look very happy. Now the pressure is really on and none of would be happy if we were in that position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT