ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. OU Prediction Thread

Crimson: 55
Scarlet: 13

Bigredbeliever Flanders will be gloating after the game, asking where all the haters are at because they kept OU under 63 points and rushed for 76 yards on 1.8 ypc and only committed 3 turnovers.

NU won’t even find the stadium…

man woman and child, cover your eyes this one is going to get ugly… I hate being so negative towards our huskers but this is going to be like 63 to 13

I think B1G physicality vs Big 12 finesse helps us a little bit. I also don’t think OU’s defense is immortal, but our OL is painful to watch. Scott, please make an adjustment.

Multiple mental errors and normal OL:
OU 45
NU 14

Few mental errors, OL plays above average:
OU 38
NU 28

Kool-Aid!! (I see an ol’ Big 12 shootout!)
NU 37
OU 34

Maybe Nebraska kinda plays with a nothing to lose attitude - plays loose and free? I don’t see them winning but probably closer than most think if they don’t play with pressure that they put on themselves?

This game reminds me of the shellacking Michigan gave us in Frost’s first year. Winfrey and the OU DLine are gonna feast on our OL similar to Gary and that Michigan DL.

I think we keep it a little closer than that, but still not expecting much. Something like 42-10.

I will admit to being extremely pessimistic about this game. However, as an old timer who grew up on this rivalry I still get goosebumps thinking about seeing OU and NU gearing up again for a fight. What a great win it would be for our program should we pull off the upset. It would be our biggest win in decades.

Sadly…

OU 55
NU 3
OU: 45
NU: 9

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I will admit to being extremely pessimistic about this game. However, as an old timer who grew up on this rivalry I still get goosebumps thinking about seeing OU and NU gearing up again for a fight. What a great win it would be for our program should we pull off the upset. It would be our biggest win in decades.

Sadly…

OU 55
NU 3
I’m not sure you can count on getting three with the current FG kicker. ;)

Oh I’m afraid that the Sooner Schooner will be quite operational when the Huskers arrive. Lincoln Riley will have an entire legion of his best troops on the field….they will show Nebraska the power of the dark side……. Gonna be one nasty ass whopping 70-3 OU

Reactions: zrob
Wow you guys dont seem to have much confidence in our D at all.. i will say
Nu-35
Ou-30

I'm going along with the crowd. I see the Sooners pouring it on early and pouring it on late. I also see a couple big plays from Nebraska as OU continues to try putting on pressure. In addition, Frost knows his job is in jeopardy and everyone is watching, so I believe he is going to try to score to the very end (much like the surprise call to Toure late in the game last week). Thus...

55-24

Wow you guys dont seem to have much confidence in our D at all.. i will say
Nu-35
Ou-30

You seem to be caught in a temporal worm hole. It’s not the 2009 defense we’re talking about.
Nebraska defensive 2021 stats against GARBAGE competition:
Total defense- 58th
Passing defense- 48th
Rushing defense- 78th
First down defense- 109th
Third down defense- 85th
Redzone defense- 61st

Is Tulane that much better than us?
Exactly. Oklahoma barely won that game. Tulane was driving for the win with just 2 minutes remaining. On top of that Tulane outscored Oklahoma 21-3 in the 2nd half. It was almost 28-3. This Oklahoma team doesn't necessarily have an all-time great defense. Our offense is not as bad as people are portraying on here either.

37-13 OU.

Defense keeps it relatively close until late 3rd quarter. Rattler throws two picks.

About the same as Scottie performed the last time he played a blue blood with a lot of festivities involved - ESPN Game Day in Lincoln vs Ohio State.

Close at half and OU pulls away in the 2nd half but Nebraska backdoors the spread.

OU- 38
NU-21

I’ll just say I’m glad this is an early game. Opens up the rest of the day to wash away the curb stomping.

You seem to be caught in a temporal worm hole. It’s not the 2009 defense we’re talking about.
Nebraska defensive 2021 stats against GARBAGE competition:
Total defense- 58th
Passing defense- 48th
Rushing defense- 78th
First down defense- 109th
Third down defense- 85th
Redzone defense- 61st
If only our Offense could sustain drives and actually score when in striking distance... less time on the field and opposing offenses trying to play catch up make mistakes... I'm a firm believer our Defense is better than them stats tell...

Is Tulane that much better than us?
They can't be. Nebraska is bigger and more athletic than Tulane in every single position. OU is not a huge team but has been able to out-physical every team they (we) have played this year. I'm not sure that is possible against Nebraska. I don't know how much we could have figured out since the Tulane game, but it would have to be a heck of a lot to route Nebraska.

OU comes out flat and NU comes out playing lights out. NU builds a lead with 2 OU turnovers and then OU comes to take the lead in the 4th. NU misses a 30 yard field goal in the closing seconds to pull off the upset.

NU 28 OU 30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT