ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. OU Prediction Thread

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
I will admit to being extremely pessimistic about this game. However, as an old timer who grew up on this rivalry I still get goosebumps thinking about seeing OU and NU gearing up again for a fight. What a great win it would be for our program should we pull off the upset. It would be our biggest win in decades.

Sadly…

OU 55
NU 3

Last edited:
I will admit to being extremely pessimistic about this game. However, as an old timer who grew up on this rivalry I still get goosebumps thinking about seeing OU and NU gearing up again for a fight. What a great win it would be for our program should we pull off the upset. I t would be our biggest win in decades.

Sadly…

OU 55
NU 3
OU. 48
NU. 17

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I will admit to being extremely pessimistic about this game. However, as an old timer who grew up on this rivalry I still get goosebumps thinking about seeing OU and NU gearing up again for a fight. What a great win it would be for our program should we pull off the upset. I t would be our biggest win in decades.

Sadly…

OU 55
NU 3
31-6

We'll get 2 FGs or we'll score a TD and miss the extra point.

gettyimages-2665005.jpg

I predict that IF we lose badly, those chuckleheads who are saying those Husker fans that are pessimistic on here, are truly closet Iowa fans, are going to say that, "Well what do you expect? Oklahoma is a top ten team so this game doesn't count."

Yet they still expect those who are pessimistic to see all the progress made against a Forham for 2.5 quarters or a Buffalo in a coaching transition year.

However for the game I say 31-28 Nebraska.

GO BIG RED OF THE NORTH!!!

Don't think we will be able to score on this defense as we have struggled to score vs Buffalo/Fordham/Illinois. We will likely get a few points in garbage time. OU only losses are when the opponent 38 points. You dont win low scoring games vs them.

OU - 62
NU - 10

Don't think we will be able to score on this defense as we have struggled to score vs Buffalo/Fordham/Illinois. We will likely get a few points in garbage time. OU only losses are when the opponent 38 points. You dont win low scoring games vs them.

OU - 62
NU - 10
My analysis exactly. You beat OU by scoring lots of points, since they will most certainly score lots of points too. You beat OU in a shootout. It is a pipe dream to think our defense will keep OU below 42 or so points. And it is an even bigger pipe dream to think that our inept offense will score much at all in this game. This game will be a monstrous blowout.

Sadly…

OU 55
NU 3
OU 66
NU 3

Way too early prediction: Bill O'Brien wins next year in Lincoln for Nebraska.

OU 38
NU 24

Offense does better than expected but a couple of those scores will come late, mostly in cleanup time... Blackshirts will play their heart out being on the field far too much due to the offenses ineptitude but will provide hope for rest of season...

55 - 13 Oklahoma win. I think we make them punt once or twice.

This will be similar to the Ohio State games where they never punted all game long. Defense is a tad better than back then so they should be able to make a stop or two.

My analysis exactly. You beat OU by scoring lots of points, since they will most certainly score lots of points too. You beat OU in a shootout. It is a pipe dream to think our defense will keep OU below 42 or so points. And it is an even bigger pipe dream to think that our inept offense will score much at all in this game. This game will be a monstrous blowout.
We can't establish a running game. Seemingly can't kick field goals. Special teams remain a disaster, and most of the big play receivers are hurt to varying degrees outside of Toure. That leaves AM trying to win the game by scoring touchdowns with his feet, and hoping the D can score off turnovers. 62-10 sounds about right, but assumes we can convert a field goal which may be optimistic.

We can't establish a running game. Seemingly can't kick field goals. Special teams remain a disaster, and most of the big play receivers are hurt to varying degrees outside of Toure. That leaves AM trying to win the game by scoring touchdowns with his feet, and hoping the D can score off turnovers. 62-10 sounds about right, but assumes we can convert a field goal which may be optimistic.
We are fortunate this is an OU home game. Hopefully, once the game is out of hand (probably by mid second quarter) OU can start clearing its bench. That might hold the score down. I still think 55-3 sounds about right

Reactions: goldencohusker
I would game plan not to kick field goals. Score TDs or punt. And if we get way behind, implement the Bill Callahan run-clock-and-get-out-alive gameplan that he used in 2004 against Zero U. and in 2006 versus Southern Cal.

NU 27
0u 24

NU's offense comes alive as martinez makes clutch pass after pass burning the blitzing 0u defense,
as 0u adjusts the running game comes alive.

with the heat taken off the NU's defense they focus on picks and fumbles, of which there is sufficient supply as the black shirts swap the pocket.

man, women and child

smothers gets 4th quarter playing time as martinez goes over michigan state film.

Last edited:
Not be the largest margin of victory in the series (a 69-7 drubbing in 1997 when Nebraska's quarterback was the guy who now coaches the Huskers and Oklahoma's quarterback was the guy who now coaches VT), but it will not be close.

Sooners 51 Huskers 19

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT