ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs CU 96 comment on D

TruHusker

Head Coach
Sep 21, 2001
Watching the 96 game against the Buffs, comment was made that 50 schools came to Nebraska to learn what the Huskers and McBride were doing in D. Ohio State was one of them. My how times have changed.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Watching the 96 game against the Buffs, comment was made that 50 schools came to Nebraska to learn what the Huskers and McBride were doing in D. Ohio State was one of them. My how times have changed.

I think the message all those coaches learned was you need Grant Wistrom, The PeterBrothers, Jared Tomich, and Terrell Farley along your defensive line. And then it also helps to have Mike Minter, Eric Warfield, and Michael Booker in your secondary.

Last edited:
I think the message all those coaches learned was you need Grant Wistrom, The Parella Brothers, Jared Tomich, and Terrell Farley along your defensive line. And then it also helps to have Mike Minter, Eric Warfield, and Michael Booker in your secondary.
Sure, that's correct. 50 teams have to travel to Husker land to figure that out. Right.

Anyone else watch the game replay? The O was just good enough, a defensive score, but Frost did not take care of the ball and his passing was very suspect. It was raining that day so he gets somewhat of a pass.

Anyone else watch the game replay? The O was just good enough, a defensive score, but Frost did not take care of the ball and his passing was very suspect. It was raining that day so he gets somewhat of a pass.
Lance Brown didn't do him any favors.

That is one of my all-time favorite games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT