ADVERTISEMENT

NU pro-agility results

And it appears the player weights are legit, down the half pound. That would be the only way to do it.

So none of this guessing on weight and implying they are inflated.

In the spirit of reacting negatively to all these testing results, I'm choosing to be angry that Adrian *can* run like that but mostly he *doesn't* run like that.
In the spirit of adding to the negativity, it doesn’t matter how Adrian runs if he can’t do it without fumbling.

Now the disclaimer: I still wish him the best. If (since) he’s our starter, I want him to ball out this year and take that big leap forward. These last two years can’t be accepted as meeting the standard.

And it appears the player weights are legit, down the half pound. That would be the only way to do it.

So none of this guessing on weight and implying they are inflated.
What makes you say this?

If they are factoring in height and weight into a performance metric, they have to have accurate heights and weights.
But they don't have to release accurate info

Domann's listed weight on the roster is 230, 237.5 per performance test. Martinez 220 vs. 213, Cam 205 vs. 198, Martin's numbers are the same. Given that these kids are doing immense volumes of training and consuming immense amounts of food, the variance in these numbers is small (0-5%). The average adult's weight fluctuates up to 5 or 6 pounds per day.

Domann's listed weight on the roster is 230, 237.5 per performance test. Martinez 220 vs. 213, Cam 205 vs. 198, Martin's numbers are the same. Given that these kids are doing immense volumes of training and consuming immense amounts of food, the variance in these numbers is small (0-5%). The average adult's weight fluctuates up to 5 or 6 pounds per day.
depending on quality and quantity and timing of bowel movements.

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
But you have to wonder IF they actually were measured in the same way those many years ago.
They were in fact measured the same way. I've used the same equipment Zach Duval uses and it's a little more techy than what Boyd had but overall the same. Same program too now as in many years ago. That's why they're doing this.

But you have to wonder IF they actually were measured in the same way those many years ago.
My kid's college XC/TF coach had what he called benchmark workouts. Same times of the year, same distances. He can compare times for those workouts going back a number of years. I do not doubt this is the same.
Duval was assistant football strength coach in 2000 when the times for Diedrich and Newcombe posted those times. I would imagine he is doing the same things.

My kid's college XC/TF coach had what he called benchmark workouts. Same times of the year, same distances. He can compare time for that workout going back a number of years. I do not doubt this is the same.
Duval was assistant football strength coach in 2000 when the times for Diedrich and Newcombe posted those times. I would imagine he is doing the same things.
Confirmed. They are the same.

What makes you say this?
Sheesh, they are "testing" which is a culmination of their winter conditioning. They have records and are competing against others. Do you really think they don't care what a guy weighs when competing for honors? They had weights down to the half pound.

In the spirit of adding to the negativity, it doesn’t matter how Adrian runs if he can’t do it without fumbling.

Now the disclaimer: I still wish him the best. If (since) he’s our starter, I want him to ball out this year and take that big leap forward. These last two years can’t be accepted as meeting the standard.
He's everything you want a kid to be in terms of the way he conducts himself, I desperately hope he can play like a stud and end up a beloved figure.

Makes me curious. Usually you hear of guys wanting to cut weight to gain a weight class advantage, but here is it an advantage to hydrate up and eat a big meal to actually carry a few extra pounds on your score multiplier?

NU wrestler lived down the hall in Harper, it's scary and dangerous the amount of weight those guys cut to hit the weight classes they're supposed to be at. It's not like a couple pounds, it's more like over/under of 15 pounds on dudes who have almost no body fat to begin with.

ADVERTISEMENT