ADVERTISEMENT

NU Hoops and the media

huskerhomie

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2014
So, it was disheartening to witness the loss to Michigan yesterday, kids played tough, gave it their all, but where is our media at when we need them to support our hoops team?

I ask this because as a fan of NU basketball, I have to say I dont remember watching a game that was so one sided by a zebra crew and was as blatant as what we witnessed yesterday. Yes the loss does fall on our shoulders mainly because of some sloppy perimeter D, but I do have one question to ask our media types.

Where in the HELL are the articles of the game, one quote, one opinion regarding the officiating in this game? Did our local media types not witness the same game we the fans did? Do they not have a single opinion on how one sided the zebras were? Am I the only one that saw this? I know I am not, because of the comments on here during, and after the game, so I know I am not the only one wearing a tin foil hat.

The write up on this board about the game, nothing nada, zip, zilch about the officiating. Omaha world herald had the one Coach M quote about scoring so many points in the paint but only shooting a few free throws. It was a quote from coach M, but OWH did not have any opinions about the officiating at all, nothing to push the envelope and make anyone stand up and take notice. Cough Cough B10 offices. Cough cough.

Went to various husker blogs, and any articles I could find, nothing, no mention of the officiating. Heck I couldnt even find any coverage on some of the "other sites like this one" that even wrote articles about the game. (I could have missed them...but).

If we want to be a big boy bball program one of the things we need to do is get our media involved to help with some issues. As a media member, even if you dont like coach M, guess what? The NEXT coach who is thinking of coming to NU would appreciate some defensive reporting if they are getting jobbed. So something, anything a mere mention of the hose job we got in Ann Arbor yesterday would suffice.

On the other hand if you DO as a media member like coach M, WTF would you not make mention of the hatchet job that went on in Ann Arbor? I mean yeah we hired a new DC a few days ago, and we did get a new commit (so I know some of you are busy), but it is not like you guys and gals are covering an NFL team in the playoffs, or any type of Professional sports teams here that is diverting your attention so much, that you do not have time to mention the obvious...right?

In the world we live in today where one tweet, one article, or one of anything can make waves and create change, it seems as our media types are asleep at the wheel, at least in this instance they seem to be.

End of Rant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News