ADVERTISEMENT

NU BSB: Red Takes Series Finale with Walkoff Win

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
Red Takes Series Finale with Walkoff Win

Lincoln - In a game that saw Bo Pelini (Blake Headley) play third base and a yellow teletubby (Wes Edrington) hit a home run off the left-field foul pole, the Red squad got a walkoff bases-loaded single by the White Power Ranger (Nathan Chunn) in the bottom of the sixth inning that gave the Reds a 5-4 win and a 2-1 series win in the annual Red-White Series.

On the second pitch of the game Edrington blasted a two-run homer off the left field foul pole to give the Whites a 2-0 lead. They added a run later in the inning for a 3-0 lead. The Reds would respond with a pair of runs in the bottom of the first to make it a 3-2 game.

Edrington led off the third and reached on an error. After moving to third base, he scored on an RBI by the Blue Power Ranger (Tanner Lubach).

Trailing 4-2, the Reds cut the deficit to one run in the bottom of the fourth when the Red Power Ranger (Taylor Fish) scored on a fielding error.

With the series on the line and down to their final at bat, the Reds were quickly down to their final out after the Green Power Ranger (Jake Schleppenbach) and the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man (Steven Reveles) were reach retired to start the inning. Headley started a two-out rally when he was hit-by-pitch and then moved into scoring position on a base hit by a farmer (Scott Schreiber). Fish drove in the game-tying run with a base hit and then a piece of bacon (Jake Meyers) was hit-by-pitch to load the bases. With two outs, Chunn stepped in and lined a single into left field for the game winning RBI.

The Huskers now enter Winter Conditioning in preparation for the 2015 season. Nebraska opens the 2015 campaign with a three-game series against UNLV in Las Vegas, with the season opener set for Friday, Feb. 13.

Originally posted by HuskersNC:

I'll be disappointed if they don't do that again next year (costumes.)
Agreed. Wish they would have done it on the weekend too, so I could have taken my kids out to see it. They were in school today though.

Originally posted by Nate004:

Originally posted by HuskersNC:

I'll be disappointed if they don't do that again next year (costumes.)
Agreed. Wish they would have done it on the weekend too, so I could have taken my kids out to see it. They were in school today though.
Oh, I'm sorry they missed it. I had the day off and free admission is within my budget :p It really was a fun time, I think there's more they can do with the idea next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT