ADVERTISEMENT

NU BSB: BTN+ to Carry First Two Weeks of Husker Baseball

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
BTN+ to Carry First Two Weeks of Husker Baseball

The Big Ten Conference has announced that BTN+ will carry every neutral site game during the first two weeks of the conference’s baseball season. The Nebraska baseball team is scheduled to play eight games over the first two weeks of the season.

Fans can purchase a subscription to Big Ten Network+ for $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year for Nebraska-only content, or a league-wide subscription for $14.95 monthly and $119.95 annually. A baseball annual pass, which allows access to all Big Ten Network+ baseball content, is available for $39.99 per year. More information on subscription packages can be found on btnplus.com.

Nebraska opens play this week in at Dell Diamond Stadium in Round Rock, Texas, with four games against the Purdue Boilermakers. The series kicks off on Friday at 3 PM. The teams will meet for a doubleheader starting at 10 AM on Saturday, while the series finale is set for 10 AM on Sunday.

Week two, the Huskers will head to U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn., for a pair of games against both the Ohio State Buckeyes and Iowa Hawkeyes. The Huskers and Buckeyes meet at 3 PM on Friday, March 12, while the Huskers and Hawkeyes will match up for the first time in 2021 on Saturday, March 13, at 9 AM. Nebraska then plays two games on Sunday, battling the Buckeyes at 10 AM and the Hawkeyes at 2 PM.

More information regarding TV and streaming information will be released at a later date. Every game of the 2021 baseball season can be heard on the Huskers Sports Network, including for free on Huskers.com and the Husker Mobile App.

Any idea how many simultaneous streams BTN+ allows per account?
Are you suggesting we all get one and share it? ;)

Thank baby Jesus they're actually broadcasting games tho. First 8 of the season is way more than usual.

Is this worth it from a production standpoint? Who handles the commentary & pbp? Sure would've been nice if NET could've grabbed the rights to games at Haymarket. Maybe some broadcasts are in the works?

I remember when UNL joined the B1G. No more PPV's was stressed. Oops, they forgot to mention only football & mbb fall under that category. It's been fun watching the ACC & SEC all over the ESPN app - free of additional charge outside of our satellite bill.

Is this worth it from a production standpoint? Who handles the commentary & pbp? Sure would've been nice if NET could've grabbed the rights to games at Haymarket. Maybe some broadcasts are in the works?

I remember when UNL joined the B1G. No more PPV's was stressed. Oops, they forgot to mention only football & mbb fall under that category. It's been fun watching the ACC & SEC all over the ESPN app - free of additional charge outside of our satellite bill.
In the past it's basically been a student broadcast

I wish there was as much college baseball on BTN as on the southern leagues’ networks but there’s a lot more on than there was/is on the Big 12 Network.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a comparison, as my very short memory says there were more Nebraska baseball games on NET compared to the BTN. The B12 allowed it while the BTN doesn't, right? I've watched more B12 games on ESPN the first 2 weekends of 2021 than the BTN will likely live broadcast the entire season combined.

I mean, who doesn't want to watch a 1977 lacrosse game instead of live content?

B1G boy conference, with toddlers in charge on many levels.

Reactions: sklarbodds
I'd like to see a comparison, as my very short memory says there were more Nebraska baseball games on NET compared to the BTN. The B12 allowed it while the BTN doesn't, right? I've watched more B12 games on ESPN the first 2 weekends of 2021 than the BTN will likely live broadcast the entire season combined.

I mean, who doesn't want to watch a 1977 lacrosse game instead of live content?

B1G boy conference, with toddlers in charge on many levels.
Btn had so much promise for baseball for sure and has been a massive disappointment.

B12 is probably better now for TV (like the SEC), but in our days of the B12 you would hardly even get a radio broadcast until mid March/late April let alone TV.

But yeah, BTN just clearly has no interest in putting anything into the baseball brand. It feels like they're dragged kicking and screaming into it.

I'd like to see a comparison, as my very short memory says there were more Nebraska baseball games on NET compared to the BTN. The B12 allowed it while the BTN doesn't, right?
No, there are still games on NET. Probably fewer than before BTN but the total televised games between the two, plus the occasional Creighton/K-State/Wichita State game on some random network are more than there were during Big 12 days.

Last edited:
Bought the 40 bucks all baseball pass. Not that I'll be watching a ton of B1G baseball but package includes archives where we can watch replays. You know, just in case there's an interesting game or two somewhere in the B1G.

Reactions: saluno22
BTN+ to Carry First Two Weeks of Husker Baseball

The Big Ten Conference has announced that BTN+ will carry every neutral site game during the first two weeks of the conference’s baseball season. The Nebraska baseball team is scheduled to play eight games over the first two weeks of the season.

Fans can purchase a subscription to Big Ten Network+ for $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year for Nebraska-only content, or a league-wide subscription for $14.95 monthly and $119.95 annually. A baseball annual pass, which allows access to all Big Ten Network+ baseball content, is available for $39.99 per year. More information on subscription packages can be found on btnplus.com.

Nebraska opens play this week in at Dell Diamond Stadium in Round Rock, Texas, with four games against the Purdue Boilermakers. The series kicks off on Friday at 3 PM. The teams will meet for a doubleheader starting at 10 AM on Saturday, while the series finale is set for 10 AM on Sunday.

Week two, the Huskers will head to U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn., for a pair of games against both the Ohio State Buckeyes and Iowa Hawkeyes. The Huskers and Buckeyes meet at 3 PM on Friday, March 12, while the Huskers and Hawkeyes will match up for the first time in 2021 on Saturday, March 13, at 9 AM. Nebraska then plays two games on Sunday, battling the Buckeyes at 10 AM and the Hawkeyes at 2 PM.

More information regarding TV and streaming information will be released at a later date. Every game of the 2021 baseball season can be heard on the Huskers Sports Network, including for free on Huskers.com and the Husker Mobile App.
Does anyone know if Husker fans in Texas can attend the Purdue games at Dell Diamond?

Does anyone know if Husker fans in Texas can attend the Purdue games at Dell Diamond?
From goroundrock.com:

"In accordance with Big Ten Conference guidelines, no fans will be allowed to enter Dell Diamond."

I also looked at US Bank Stadium's website last week and it had a similar message about the games there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT