ADVERTISEMENT

NU Basketball Recruiting

jieder

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2009
Anyone have any reliable information on where we stand with some of the recruits that Coach Miles is after?

Following up to my previous question…..NU just announced that Vucetic and Hawkins, both scholarship players are leaving program at end of Spring semester. Vucetic played very, very little and appears to still be a "long-shot" prospect and next year he is a Junior. Hawkins played sporadically this year, but appeared to be overwhelmed by the speed of Division I play. If my numbers are correct, NU B-Ball now has 3 scholarships available for 2014-2015 Season.

Wouldn't it be fantastic is Miles could get 2 "good" big men (maybe proven JUCO's) and another combo point guard/shooting guard? Our achilles heel this past season was lack of "length" and physicality inside and we didn't have a "true" point guard. I think Webster will contribute more from shooting/slashing guard than point if given that chance next year. Parker is a "pesky" point guard, but does not appear to be a scorer. We will need someone the caliber of Petteway after next season as he will leave after his junior year.

Now back to original post. Anyone have updates on where we stand with our higher priority recruits?

Now that we've got a good point guard signed, will we be able to get the 5th year senior transfer from Georgetown? And another big man?

Can we get Deng Deng and the 6'6" high school kid from New Orleans?

Deng Deng visited UN Basketball on Monday thru Wednesday…..chances of getting him?

Very quiet on NU Basketball recruiting scene last week or so...anyone have any rumors?

There was an article in the Omaha World-Herald a couple of weeks ago which indicated that Ricky Kreklow (California transfer) was interest in paying at Nebraska and that a visit was planned. Does anyone know whether or not Miles has any interest in Kreklow? Supposedly, he would be available immediately.

Don't know anything about Mile's interest in Krecklow. However, thought later today was day the 6'6" shooting guard from New Orleans was going to announce his decision between Wake Forest, UNLV, and Nebraska. Seems like Nebraska was recruiting him hard.

From what I understand you got agood chance at landing 4 star ed morrow as hes suppose to be a nebraska lean.Hope we get him but sounds like your in the drivers seat.Appears your basketball team is on the rise.Tim miles seems to be doing agreat job.

Marrow visited Iowa last weekend and is in town for the Miami game and will see the MBB team get honored at halftime along with Miles receiving his "Coach of the Year" award.

as far as I know, which isn't very far, Marrow has no other visits set up, but has said he wants to take all he can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT