ADVERTISEMENT

NU 5 1/2 dog to Iowa on the road today

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Nebraska even in this game? Then again if they could at keast shoot 50% from 3 then they would be ahead. Good god they are bad from 3 point land. Another game of who wants to lose more.

Both Watson and Webster suck today. 4 of 18 combined today. And they've both had multiple open looks.

How is Nebraska even in this game? Then again if they could at keast shoot 50% from 3 then they would be ahead. Good god they are bad from 3 point land. Another game of who wants to lose more.
Tough to shoot a three when the defense is on you like a second set of skin.

What game are you watching? Nebraska has had more than a few open 3s and clanked em. Horrible shooting and they are still in the game.

What game are you watching? Nebraska has had more than a few open 3s and clanked em. Horrible shooting and they are still in the game.
Huskers just don't have the shooters. I'm sure it is frustrating watching the long distance clanks

Call the illegal sliding hip screen there, and Tschimanga doesn't get #5.

In all fairness, Watson has been majorly hampered by a groin injury. If he were 100% this game might have been different - he scored 34 against the Hawkeyes last time.

Reactions: nudan92
We're finding out Iowa is better than us...when 2 of our best players are out. Very evenly matched teams otherwise.

Reactions: donahues17
Wtf is Miles doing? Down 7 with a minute and a half to play and you have them dribbling around 8 feet behind the 3 point line. Then they throw up a 3 pointer turn around prayer looking thing. This team is hard to watch.

We played the Hawkeyes tough today. No Morrow. Watson leaves with injury. Tish fouls out. We've had plenty to cheer today. They look very good at times.

Reactions: scarletred
3 for 18 from 3. Now Miles wants to try figuring out a gameplan with 24 seconds.

Wtf is Miles doing? Down 7 with a minute and a half to play and you have them dribbling around 8 feet behind the 3 point line. Then they throw up a 3 pointer turn around prayer looking thing. This team is hard to watch.
Then don't watch. I love watching them.

3 of our day one starters not playing this second half. Gill, Morrow and Watson.
How many times does Webster need to foul before they call one?
He got fouled on the arm on his last drive and no call there either. Refs were trying to not stop the clock. We can't win if we don't have at least one of our guys get hot from 3.

F-n herkie fans I tell ya. Biggest group of inbreds ever. Only thing they have ever been good at is wrasslin and they think they are world beaters at everything.

Iowa has played better without Jok than they have with him lately.. He is a damn good player though. With NU's extensive history of being the most inconsistent team ever at basketball, who knows who wins this game. Could be Iowa by 3 or Iowa by 50. Or NU by 7.
Inbreeding is a trait often associated with people from both Nebraska and Iowa when coastals are speaking. It's not fair or accurate. We're all more likely to screw a farm animal than a sister or cousin.

This one now has a conclusion, boyz. I like your team and I like it that my team was a little bit better today. Your team doesn't look like vintage Nebrasketball, they look like a heady group with some talent.

Dernit, with Jordy's improvement, if we have a healthy Watson and Morrow today, we sweep Iowa this year.

Dernit, with Jordy's improvement, if we have a healthy Watson and Morrow today, we sweep Iowa this year.
Tight speculation and sour grapes. With a fully healthy Jok, we beat Nebraksa by 20+ on our home floor. Things went down the way they went down. Tough double OT road loss, and a comfortable home victory.

Reactions: vighawk
Tight speculation and sour grapes. With a fully healthy Jok, we beat Nebraksa by 20+ on our home floor. Things went down the way they went down. Tough double OT road loss, and a comfortable home victory.

Reality, my friend. At full strength, we have more talent. You have Jok and Bohanan and ??? We're in the game until the last couple minutes with two of our best guys on the bench.

Reality, my friend. At full strength, we have more talent. You have Jok and Bohanan and ??? We're in the game until the last couple minutes with two of our best guys on the bench.

Fair enough. At full strength, Peter Jok effortlessly drops 25. We have a lot of unheralded freshmen. We have 1 senior and our first Bohannon (that's a somewhat famous family in eastern IA and none of his older brothers wanted to wear black&gold like their father). It's not our year this year, but we'll be back. You guys have a really good team and they're fun to watch.

Fair enough. At full strength, Peter Jok effortlessly drops 25. We have a lot of unheralded freshmen. We have 1 senior and our first Bohannon (that's a somewhat famous family in eastern IA and none of his older brothers wanted to wear black&gold like their father). It's not our year this year, but we'll be back. You guys have a really good team and they're fun to watch.

Did you forget that Watson and Jok both scored 34 the first game? Watson was on the bench the entire 2nd half, and isn't himself either. And Morrow didn't even suit up. Like I said, we just have more talent when healthy.

Did you forget that Watson and Jok both scored 34 the first game? Watson was on the bench the entire 2nd half, and isn't himself either. And Morrow didn't even suit up. Like I said, we just have more talent when healthy.
Too bad you're not healthy. And it's also too bad that such talent requires two OTs at home against a clearly inferior squad. Congrats on the moral victory today.

Reactions: MitchL
Maybe maybe not I do know Iowa has a trillion times more potential looking 1 or 2 years down the road.

How many times do we read, "what if.....what if....what if?" The bottom line remains that since Miles has arrived his record is just not very good! His overall record is not very good!

Tim Miles
Born: August 20, 1966
Alma Mater: Mary (1989)

Career Record (major schools): 10 Years, 144-167, .463 W-L%
Schools: Colorado State (71-88) and Nebraska (73-79)

Conference Champion: 0 Times (Reg. Seas.), 0 Times (Tourn.)

NCAA Tournament: 2 Years (0-2), 0 Final Fours, 0 Championships

If this is what the Nebraska Basketball program is satisfied with and fans are satisfied with then I guess "what if" will suffice. Personally, I think there is room for those that think the program needs to take a hard look at the guy in charge and ask, "could we do better with another coach"? If we chose to settle for an inferior program then I guess we can't complain.

How many times do we read, "what if.....what if....what if?" The bottom line remains that since Miles has arrived his record is just not very good! His overall record is not very good!

Tim Miles
Born: August 20, 1966
Alma Mater: Mary (1989)

Career Record (major schools): 10 Years, 144-167, .463 W-L%
Schools: Colorado State (71-88) and Nebraska (73-79)

Conference Champion: 0 Times (Reg. Seas.), 0 Times (Tourn.)

NCAA Tournament: 2 Years (0-2), 0 Final Fours, 0 Championships

If this is what the Nebraska Basketball program is satisfied with and fans are satisfied with then I guess "what if" will suffice. Personally, I think there is room for those that think the program needs to take a hard look at the guy in charge and ask, "could we do better with another coach"? If we chose to settle for an inferior program then I guess we can't complain.

I don't think anyone is saying they are content with where we are right now and with Miles' record at Nebraska where it is. We all want to have this team at least in the discussion for the tournament at the end of every regular season. I think the people "defending" Miles right now (myself included) are not willing to just fire him and try to reload. We've seen a lot of potential from these guys and his teams over the years. You can't just give up on the guy and all his incoming talent and expect the next coach to just pick up the pieces and be a tourney team every year.

Yes the record is not good. Yes only gone to the tournament one time in five years. And with the B1G being as wide open as it has been this year, we could be right in the discussion next year too.

Dead wrong...Tyler Cook??? Probably the.only other pro prospect on the floor besides Jok. Morrow is a nice player but since his injury he has all of sudden developed quite the legend with Nebraska media and fans.

Reactions: WCDC
Miles should be fired but no one cares enough about basketball for it to happen. Even Joe Cipriano was better than this guy.

Dead wrong...Tyler Cook??? Probably the.only other pro prospect on the floor besides Jok. Morrow is a nice player but since his injury he has all of sudden developed quite the legend with Nebraska media and fans.

Honestly, try to make some sense.. "The only two pro prospects." Yet another Iowa f'ing moron graces us with his presence! Is there something in the water over there, or just natural inbreeding? We have probably 3 guys on the court yesterday that will make it to the pros.

The same Tyler Cook that's averaging shy of 12 and 5 per game? Nice player, but Morrow averages over 10 and 8, so there's that.

Honestly, try to make some sense.. "The only two pro prospects." Yet another Iowa f'ing moron graces us with his presence! Is there something in the water over there, or just natural inbreeding? We have probably 3 guys on the court yesterday that will make it to the pros.

The same Tyler Cook that's averaging shy of 12 and 5 per game? Nice player, but Morrow averages over 10 and 8, so there's that.

Not an Iowa fan so nice try LOL!!!!! In fact I follow NU and cheer for you often. I just watch a lot of Big 10 basketball and am relatives of a pro scout (Bucks). So what if Morrow averages 10/8? You think you get into the pros on numbers?? GMAB. Tai Webster averages more points per game than Josh Jackson...Wanna bet who is going to be a pro? BTW, Cook has missed time with injuries as well FWIW. I am not trying to take sides and all here but for the poster who said all Iowa has is Jok and Bohannon...That is just wrong.

Last edited:
Morrow probably isn't an NBA prospect but that doesn't change how valuable he is to this team. Hard to project what NU's record would be if he had stayed healthy, but his absence has been a big factor.

If Nebraska has 3 NBA players on the floor why are they 10-13. Sounds like shitty coaching to me. And Tyler Cook is better than Ed Marrow.

If Nebraska has 3 NBA players on the floor why are they 10-13. Sounds like shitty coaching to me. And Tyler Cook is better than Ed Marrow.

Seriously STFU already. We were in the game with 2 of our best players on the bench.

Less than 5 RBG at 6'9"??? Wake up, stupid!

Reactions: SOHusker11
Maybe maybe not I do know Iowa has a trillion times more potential looking 1 or 2 years down the road.
Today is the last time that Nebraska will stay close vs Iowa. Iowa will own the next 3-4 years, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT