ADVERTISEMENT

NSD LOI Tweet Thread

Get plenty Dr. Du. Thanks for the advice though.

Have fun today. We're signing a great class! And whenever you have Iowa fans coming over and asking "Where's the beef?" have fun with it and poke fun at them freely.

iowhuh? iowho? iowhat? you mean them slow people across the river? have they ever won anything?

Affraid not my friend. You might want to take a look at what Iowa is doing and take some notes. Solid class, where you can see how they fit into the system moving fwd. We strengthened our identity. We didn't just take the highest rated we took the player that is going to be best for Iowa. FWIW "our" only 2 stars are a 6'8 TE that will end up as a tackle and a LB Phil Parker identified as soon as you took Honas out of SD and when Phil says he likes a LB we trust him.

Yah, I dated that one girl in college...she wasn't that pretty...she didn't have much of a personality...and she wasn't that smart. BUT, she fit my system, so its all good.

Last edited:
You gotta admit though, 35 is WAY better that Iowa usually does. I'm sure Hawkeye fan feels like they won the lottery. I'm pumped with our class, but looking forward to seeing the proof/pudding thing soon.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Success or Greatness? There is a difference.... Some places understand it, Iowa City does not.

Greatness would have been a better word choice but it stands either way. I don't know why so many Husker fans insist on talking shit to fan bases that have kicked our ass in recent years. Makes us look insecure and weak imo.

You gotta admit though, 35 is WAY better that Iowa usually does. I'm sure Hawkeye fan feels like they won the lottery. I'm pumped with our class, but looking forward to seeing the proof/pudding thing soon.
Iowa’s 2014 class was ranked 59th and only has five players still on the team from that class. (One left early to be a 1st round pick). How Iowa won 8 games with a top 10 schedule is pretty impressive with the young talent on the current team and the talent waiting in the wings.

If Frost can do what Nebraska hasn’t for the past decade, some fun/meaningful games should be on the horizon.

Iowa’s 2014 class was ranked 59th and only has five players still on the team from that class. (One left early to be a 1st round pick). How Iowa won 8 games with a top 10 schedule is pretty impressive with the young talent on the current team and the talent waiting in the wings.

If Frost can do what Nebraska hasn’t for the past decade, some fun/meaningful games should be on the horizon.

Frost won't need to do that to be competitive with Iowa. Pelini owned Iowa and was a very average coach.

Frost won't need to do that to be competitive with Iowa. Pelini owned Iowa and was a very average coach.
I wouldn’t say “owned” Iowa. He beat a 4-8 Iowa team 13-7. DPE and Ferentz saved his butt in the OT win. It’s not like Iowa was lighting the world on fire those years. Pelini did what Pelini was supposed to do and beat the teams he was supposed to beat.

Jacob Copeland's mom just got up and walked out on her son's signing day announcement when he put on the Florida hat instead of the Alabama hat. RollingLaugh

Reactions: dinglefritz
Arizona State gave Todd Graham a $12 million buyout to hire Herm Edwards. RollingLaugh
F15_MoneyWellSpent_inline.jpg

Reactions: huskerfan1414
And ASU gets their first 4-star commit, by beating us out for Jarrett Bell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT