ADVERTISEMENT

NPG Commit?

Here's my thought process.. What kid would make his decision at The Polynesian Bowl for a team other than Nebraska...and then take a visit with his cousin to Nebraska after choosing a team other than Nebraska at The Polynesian Bowl? Capiche?
Sorry just saw your post. Totally agree

IF he announces for USC and then comes up with his cousin, will he be welcomed by the staff? I am sure they will continue and give it one last shot.
Just seems a little awkward to be dating, break up, and then go see their family. If that's a similarity.

Of course he would. Until the ink is dry, I think you fight until February for this kid

Logic tends to point towards a NU recruit but let’s not forget we’ve been down this road before and left at the altar. Don’t forget these are kids. Sometimes they are actually nicer to the ones they aren’t going to commit to due to guilt.

Just keep this is mind before you notch this up as a done deal

Last edited:
Greg Burns is the new DB coach. Burns coached uncle Troy at USC under Pete Carroll.
This is what bothers me. Hard to leave the warm sw. Glad we get another shot at him IF he comes with cuz. I'm skeptical until ink is dry

Uhhh, no.
Helton will absolutely be gone, if they don’t have a good season next year. Only reason he survived this year was the because they didn’t have a president in place yet and Swan didn’t want to fire the coach (and all the financial commitment involved) without approval of the president.

I scanned a couple ASU forums to what they think about NPG and they don’t seem sure one way or another.

But I really enjoyed this comment from one ASU fan:
“Nebraska is a shadow of it's former self, and been on a constant slide for 20 years. Not even competitive in the weak B1G. Imagine if we could play Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana every year + two warm up games? Ohio State is the only real power in the entire conference. The gap down is huge.
ASU would win 10 games per year in the B1G. ASU at least has upwards momentum the last 5 years + PT.”

At least ASU doesn’t play in the Mountain West, not sure they’d win many games given their performance against Fresno State.
Herm Edwards is in his 60s. He strung together 7 wins in a hapless conference who's champ got boatraced by OSU. We had them dead to rights at the shoe. Lol

I think Pola-Gates is a silent commit. I heard he traveled to the All-American Bowl with Ty Robinson and, as previously mentioned, is planning a trip to Lincoln later this month after he makes his announcement. Arizona State, from my view, only came into the picture as Alabama left it. Nebraska was always at or near the top for him. I think he's "N".

I think Pola-Gates is a silent commit. I heard he traveled to the All-American Bowl with Ty Robinson and, as previously mentioned, is planning a trip to Lincoln later this month after he makes his announcement. Arizona State, from my view, only came into the picture as Alabama left it. Nebraska was always at or near the top for him. I think he's "N".

He’s roommates with Ty Robinson at the All American game so that can’t hurt.

This also..

Helton will absolutely be gone, if they don’t have a good season next year. Only reason he survived this year was the because they didn’t have a president in place yet and Swan didn’t want to fire the coach (and all the financial commitment involved) without approval of the president.

My point is that SC will always pull-in great recruits, it doesn't matter if Helton survives or not, that is a destination school.

All signs point to this kid coming to Lincoln, but who knows what goes on in his mind.

Reactions: GeauxBigRed
Where are these CB picks coming from? Is there a website for commoners like myself to go to and see the picks? Or is it premium info?

You can go to 247sports and prospect search and it will show you every schools percentage of CBS. That's free. Only need to pay to see each individual one

Reactions: timnsun

The bowl coordinates all of the travel, so it makes sense that two kids from Phoenix would travel together. The rest I can get behind.

This one is just really strange. All of the picks are going one way and all of the other information seems to be going another way. Either he is really leading someone along or somebody is really misreading something.

Reactions: timnsun
Most of the sc picks are from trojan insiders.
That’s kind of what I was hoping for… On the one hand, they may have inside information. On the other hand, they could simply be homers. I like to think that they are a bunch of homers. :)

Sorry SC picks are from Texas, Arizona and SC insiders.
Only one that matters is Steve Wiltfong. If he picks USC then the odds are really good he is going to USC. Until then, it is like you, me, Jack and Frank are predicting where he is going. Everything revolves around Wiltfong on that sight

Only one that matters is Steve Wiltfong. If he picks USC then the odds are really good he is going to USC. Until then, it is like you, me, Jack and Frank are predicting where he is going. Everything revolves around Wiltfong on that sight

Agree... Wiltfong is the only CB that really gets people to pay attention..

Maybe I am wrong but I thought I saw their national recruiting manager who is about 94%accurate, predicting N

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT