ADVERTISEMENT

NPG Commit?

Nice video.

On the one hand, he’s saying all the right things because he’s talking to a Nebraska reporter... it’s expected. What did he say to USC and Arizona reporters? Probably something similar.

On the other hand, he did say one thing that caught my attention... his cousin is visiting Nebraska after the polypenesian bowl, and he said he’d probably come with him. He’s committing at the bowl, so if he commits elsewhere, why accompany his cousin to Nebraska on his visit?

These coaches are amazing in their ability to sell Nebraska through their genuineness and love for the kids who come to play.

I do like our chances, maybe even more after seeing this video, but signing day can’t get here soon enough for me.

Nice video.

On the one hand, he’s saying all the right things because he’s talking to a Nebraska reporter... it’s expected. What did he say to USC and Arizona reporters? Probably something similar.

On the other hand, he did say one thing that caught my attention... his cousin is visiting Nebraska after the polypenesian bowl, and he said he’d probably come with him. He’s committing at the bowl, so if he commits elsewhere, why accompany his cousin to Nebraska on his visit?

These coaches are amazing in their ability to sell Nebraska through their genuineness and love for the kids who come to play.

I do like our chances, maybe even more after seeing this video, but signing day can’t get here soon enough for me.

Ha, I was apparently typing the same response as your response was posted.

By cousin, is he referring to Matthew Pola Mau? Because everything you guys are saying lines up with NPG committing to Nebraska and then coming along with his cousin, a 4 star DT/NT, who would then commit himself on that visit.

THE STARS ARE ALIGNING!

By cousin, is he referring to Matthew Pola Mau? Because everything you guys are saying lines up with NPG committing to Nebraska and then coming along with his cousin, a 4 star DT/NT, who would then commit himself on that visit.

THE STARS ARE ALIGNING!
Yes, that is his cousin. If we get Noa then that's all the advantage we can ask for in getting Matthew. Two of his cousins would be NU athletes, they have a cousin who plays softball in Lincoln already.

Have a good feeling about both of them.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Since it hasnt been mentioned yet, another big clue is the fact NPG discusses how his mom may be able to transfer her job to Lincoln.

It’s lookin very good for us, but nothing’s final until he signs on the line.

NPG is an athletic and physical DB while cousin Matthew is a good project NT that we also really need to start developing in the program.

This would be part of a great finish for late signing day with more room to add talent to the class.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I scanned a couple ASU forums to what they think about NPG and they don’t seem sure one way or another.

But I really enjoyed this comment from one ASU fan:
“Nebraska is a shadow of it's former self, and been on a constant slide for 20 years. Not even competitive in the weak B1G. Imagine if we could play Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana every year + two warm up games? Ohio State is the only real power in the entire conference. The gap down is huge.
ASU would win 10 games per year in the B1G. ASU at least has upwards momentum the last 5 years + PT.”

At least ASU doesn’t play in the Mountain West, not sure they’d win many games given their performance against Fresno State.

Oh and just a quick note: In the last 24 hours NPG has picked up 3 predictions to go to USC.

I'm a little concerned with the momentum USC seems to be getting with him...... SC maybe a sinking ship if Helton doesnt have a drastic turn around next year though.

A little off-topic trivia regarding The Tremeloes, the group that recorded "Silence is Golden". In 1962 Decca records auditioned two groups because they wanted to add an English Beat group to their line up. They chose the Tremeloes. The other group? A band from a backwater town, Liverpool. You may have heard of them: The Beatles. I'd love to know who was responsible for that decision.
Back on topic: If NPG commits, it could be the start of a most pleasant signing day. I may even dance around to "Twist and Shout" (recorded, incidentally, by both the Beatles and the Tremeloes.

Reactions: tpmcg
Oh and just a quick note: In the last 24 hours NPG has picked up 3 predictions to go to USC.
SecondHeftyAtlanticbluetang-small.gif

If true about USC, then what I said earlier makes sense. He may be telling the Nebraska reporters all the right things because that’s what Nebraska fans want to hear. I still have hopes that he signs with us, but not sure about all of these crystal balls for USC…

Reactions: TFrazier
Sure looks like USC has been gaining fast, for a team that coach is on life support, doesn't make sense
My hope is that NPG noticed everyone is on to him being a Nebraska lean, so to keep everyone on their toes, he’s been casually mentioning USC while walking past reporters at the All American Game.

Reactions: timnsun
Yeah I'm noticing a lot of movement to USC as well. I too think its weird that he'd want to go to a program with those kinds of problems right now, but it could also be that USC is a great education, a beautiful campus, located in SoCal, and that the program will probably be fine at some point. *Shrug*

As to the ASU board, it is true that we're a shell of our former selves as a program. It is also true that we hired the right coach to turn it around and should be a national power again soon. The same cannot be said for ASU.

Also, you could argue that the Big 8 then Big 12 North was kind of a cake-walk for us more often than not save Oklahoma during those years.

Finally, no, the Big Ten is on the rise and has been for a couple of years now. ASU sucks. :-D

We don't play the easy ass teams every year, either. We play a mix. I'd like to see ASU play Wisconsin every year. Boy howdy, if they won 1 out of every 10 matchups, I'd be impressed.

Just rewatched his interview in the other thread. He really lights up when he talks about Nebraska.

Reactions: Huzkers25
I scanned a couple ASU forums to what they think about NPG and they don’t seem sure one way or another.

But I really enjoyed this comment from one ASU fan:
“Nebraska is a shadow of it's former self, and been on a constant slide for 20 years. Not even competitive in the weak B1G. Imagine if we could play Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana every year + two warm up games? Ohio State is the only real power in the entire conference. The gap down is huge.
ASU would win 10 games per year in the B1G. ASU at least has upwards momentum the last 5 years + PT.”

At least ASU doesn’t play in the Mountain West, not sure they’d win many games given their performance against Fresno State.
Whoever that ASU fan is doesn't know their divisions very well. Nobody plays those 6 teams every year because 3 of them are in the West Division and 3 are in the East Division.
Plus, ASU fans hardly have room to talk. The only reason why they got to 7 wins this year was because the Pac 12(particularly the South Division) was very weak this year.

Whoever that ASU fan is doesn't know their divisions very well. Nobody plays those 6 teams every year because 3 of them are in the West Division and 3 are in the East Division.
Plus, ASU fans hardly have room to talk. The only reason why they got to 7 wins this year was because the Pac 12(particularly the South Division) was very weak this year.
I actually would have liked to see how they would have done against Minnesota (last half of season), Purdue, and Illinois this year.

They would be lucky to have a winning record against those three.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say. Those are the weakest teams in the Big Ten, but we don't play them all every year.

Yeah I'm noticing a lot of movement to USC as well. I too think its weird that he'd want to go to a program with those kinds of problems right now, but it could also be that USC is a great education, a beautiful campus, located in SoCal, and that the program will probably be fine at some point. *Shrug*

He also has a cousin that plays for USC (Isaiah Pola-Mao) and they have a large number of Polynesian players on their roster. His uncle Troy Polamalu is a USC legend. USC has put a lot more players in the NFL draft in recent years than we have.

When you take off the scarlet and cream glasses, it's not hard to see why he might favor USC over Nebraska.

A lot of people are gonna have a hard time when The Huskers start winning a lot more than they lose.

I just have this feeling this one doesn’t go our way. Hard pulling Poly kids from the PAC10 especially USC

i see his cousin is now visiting 1/25/19 Matt Pola Mao. You would think this is a good sign Gates is already in and would be even nicer to add his cousin .

Here's my thought process.. What kid would make his decision at The Polynesian Bowl for a team other than Nebraska...and then take a visit with his cousin to Nebraska after choosing a team other than Nebraska at The Polynesian Bowl? Capiche?
is "Capiche" polynesion?

IF he announces for USC and then comes up with his cousin, will he be welcomed by the staff? I am sure they will continue and give it one last shot.
Just seems a little awkward to be dating, break up, and then go see their family. If that's a similarity.

ADVERTISEMENT