ADVERTISEMENT

Now the ball is in the ACC,SEC & Big 12 court

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Will see if the B1G and PAC 12 have mud on their face if the other conference continues to carry on and play..

Big 10 and PAC (10) made their bed during the alliance and coalition years because they didn’t want to be apart of the national championship and play in the Rose Bowl instead..

The B1G and the PAC are comprised of states with the most draconian lockdowns and governors who are "Never Trumpers"

PA, NY,NJ, MD, OH, WI, MI, IL, CA, WA, OR,

Some may say this is coincidence as they drive their car, by themselves, wearing their masks and listening to NPR

Last edited:
ACC has given no indication they are planning to cancel. Their medical expert today came out and said that he believes they can play safely. That doesn't sound like a conference that is planning to cancel. They are looking for reasons they can play, the B1G is looking for reasons they can't play. That's the big difference.

the ACC has a once-in-a-lifetime chance to play with Notre Dame as a part of it.

now it was gifted hundreds of millions in additional ad/tv revenue on top of that.

Reactions: gregbell28
The tweets I am seeing says that 2 SEC sources say the B12 has to hang together and play to make this work.

Also, something else I found, but is just hearsay that Nebraska was threatened with expulsion if they played outside the league.

iu

The B1G and the PAC are comprised of states with the most draconian lockdowns and governors who are "Never Trumpers"

Some may say this is coincidence as they drive their car, by themselves, wearing their masks and listening to NPR
Oddly enough you left out AZ from your “analysis.” Gov. Ducey is a loyal water boy for Trump and opened the state early to prove it. He also resisted mask wearing until the past few weeks as AZ cases exploded. Now can we talk football and leave the rest for the first Tuesday in November?

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a political motivation behind this decision not to play football in the BIG and PAC. Lockdowns of any type hurt the economy and will likely impact the election. With the SEC and Big 12 located in more conservative states my suspicion will be even more apparent if they play football and other fall sports. I hope they do!

Oddly enough you left out AZ from your “analysis.” Gov. Ducey is a loyal water boy for Trump and opened the state early to prove it. He also resisted mask wearing until the past few weeks as AZ cases exploded. Now can we talk football and leave the rest for the first Tuesday in November?
I left out plenty of states. Did you see the part where I said “never trumpers”?

of course they exploded with “cases”.

What do YOU expect when you fill the public’s head full of panic and put a testing site on every corner

a disease so deadly you have to get tested to know if you have it. Only in our new clown world

No word yet from NU on a path forward. The silence, beyond the generic expression of disappointment, is telling. My hunch is that the NU brass are working hard behind the scenes to schedule games and to come up with legal strategies to deal with the B1G. Hell, I would sue them for compensatory damages.

If they kick us out of the league then so be it. I wonder sometimes what Frost’s opinion is of our move to the B1G.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/georgia-district-quarantined-800-students-72308286

school shut
A Georgia school district has quarantined more than 900 students and staff members because of possible exposure to the coronavirus since classes resumed this last week
By
The Associated Press
August 11, 2020, 7:16 PM ET
5 min read
coronavirus since classes resumed last week and will temporarily shut down a hard-hit high school in which a widely shared photo showed dozens of maskless students posing together.

The quarantine figures from the Cherokee County School District include at least 826 students, according to data the district posted online. Located about 30 miles (60 kilometers) north of Atlanta, the district serves more than 42,000 students and began its new school year on Aug. 3.

On Tuesday, Georgia on Tuesday posted its highest single-day death total yet in the pandemic at 137 fatalities, according to the state Department of Public Health. The state is currently averaging reports of more than 60 deaths each day though people may have died earlier.

Of the fatalities reported on Tuesday, Department of Public Health spokesperson Nancy Nydam said 75 occurred in August, 54 in July and eight earlier. More than 4,300 people have died overall in Georgia.

“Given the high number of COVID-19 cases confirmed at the end of July, we are, unfortunately, seeing deaths related to those cases,” Nydam wrote in an email.

The state continues to average more than 3,500 new confirmed cases of coronavirus each day, with more than 222,000 infected so far.

The school quarantines were announced a day after Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said that the reopening of some of the state’s schools amid the coronavirus outbreak has gone well — except for the viral photos of students crowded together without masks.

The photos showed students standing shoulder to shoulder in crowded hallways at North Paulding High School northwest of Atlanta and squeezed together for first-day-of-school senior photos at two high schools in Cherokee County, including Etowah, which has had more than 300 students and staff members told to quarantine. Few students in the photos wore masks.

Democrats strongly pushed back against Kemp’s assessment that school reopenings were proceeding safely, blaming him and President Donald Trump for failures.

Cherokee County School District Superintendent Brian Hightower said the district was temporarily shutting down Etowah High School starting Wednesday and hoped to reopen the school on Aug. 31.

Fifty-nine students, teachers and staff members in the Cherokee County School District have tested positive for the virus so far, he said, though it’s not clear whether any of them were infected at school.

“We anticipated positive tests among students and staff could occur, which is why we put a system into place to quickly contact trace, mandate quarantines, notify parents and report cases and quarantines to the entire community,” a spokeswoman for the district, Barbara Jacoby, said in an email. “We are not hesitating to quarantine students and staff who have had possible exposure to a student or staff member who has tested positive."

The quarantines have affected at least 19 schools in the district.

The district gave parents the option of sending their children to school or having them learn from home to start the year. Jacoby said about 9,600 students are learning from home.

Other Atlanta-area school districts decided to scrap in-person learning for virtual instruction after cases of COVID-19 in Georgia began spiking again.

Cherokee opened without a mask mandate for students, though staff must wear masks when they are unable to maintain social distance. Hightower urged the school community to use masks.

“We know all parents do not believe the scientific research that indicates masks are beneficial,” he said in a message posted online Tuesday. “But I believe it and see masks as an important measure to help us keep schools open.”

More than 80 Georgia school districts have opened or plan to open for some kind of in-person instruction by Aug. 17, according to figures kept by school reform group GeorgiaCAN.

The Georgia High School Association, meanwhile, provided WXIA-TV with an updated figure for the number of student athletes who have tested positive for the coronavirus since it allowed schools to begin summer practices in June. The number now stands at 866.

No word yet from NU on a path forward. The silence, beyond the generic expression of disappointment, is telling. My hunch is that the NU brass are working hard behind the scenes to schedule games and to come up with legal strategies to deal with the B1G. Hell, I would sue them for compensatory damages.

If they kick us out of the league then so be it. I wonder sometimes what Frost’s opinion is of our move to the B1G.

I don’t understand if the other 3 conference move forward and play that schools like tOSU, PennSt and Michigan wouldn’t want to boycott Warren’s decision and join Nebraska and want to play some kind of schedule..

Your denying your athlete’s playing for a National title if the other 3 move forward..

At least start the season and see what happens like the other 3 conference’s.

I don’t understand if the other 3 conference move forward and play that schools like tOSU, PennSt and Michigan wouldn’t want to boycott Warren’s decision and join Nebraska and want to play some kind of schedule..

Your denying your athlete’s playing for a National title if the other 3 move forward..

most of the schools in the Big Ten are filthy rich with endowment money.. they can take the haircut.. other schools, not so much

That's what is making this thing fascinating. I think NU was hoping the other big boys would stand stronger with them but it seems like they're backing the Conference decision right now. If the other 3 conferences continue to move forward I too can't imagine Michigan, OSU and PSU just sitting idle. Crazy

most of the schools in the Big Ten are filthy rich with endowment money.. they can take the haircut.. other schools, not so much

That’s great but what does that have to do with trying and competing to win a national championship.

That’s great but what does that have to do with trying and competing to win a national championship.
The Big Ten does not care about that.

Just look back to the decision made by Delany.. playing more conference games and such. It's just about the money (and academics).

Football matters a big deal in Nebraska. In the rest of the Big Ten, it's not nearly so important. It's a checkbox on a list of other things.

Here, Football is everything.

So that is why you aren't seeing the other schools pursue anything further.

It's also why the conference has never been a good fit.

Last edited:
I left out plenty of states. Did you see the part where I said “never trumpers”?

of course they exploded with “cases”.

What do YOU expect when you fill the public’s head full of panic and put a testing site on every corner

a disease so deadly you have to get tested to know if you have it. Only in our new clown world
Don’t forget you need to get tested again to ensure the initial positive was correct... This is politically driven.

Reactions: 8th Street
Don’t forget you need to get tested again to ensure the initial positive was correct... This is politically driven.
Agreed. You have to be mentally checked out to not see this agenda. I wonder where this all leads us. So far, I don't like it

I’m apolitical and loathe these relentless political tangents that spawn in nearly every damn thread....but I did laugh out loud when I read this. I will be repeating it often.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I’m apolitical and loathe these relentless political tangents that spawn in nearly every damn thread....but I did laugh out loud when I read this. I will be repeating it often.
Please don’t encourage him to keep posting his political crap on here. It’s getting really old.

The Big Ten does not care about that.

Just look back to the decision made by Delany.. playing more conference games and such. It's just about the money (and academics).

Football matters a big deal in Nebraska. In the rest of the Big Ten, it's not nearly so important. It's a checkbox on a list of other things.

Here, Football is everything.

So that is why you aren't seeing the other schools pursue anything further.

It's also why the conference has never been a good fit.

I agree, and you also saw this back in the 90's when they voted to play in the Rose Bowl vs. potentially trying to get their teams into a National Title game. I 100% agree with you. Also, Nebraska is just not the academic institution a lot of these schools are. Which fine, whatever, but we are definitely a different school than most of the B1G

Please don’t encourage him to keep posting his political crap on here. It’s getting really old.

It's called reality. "Political crap" just cancelled the reason why we're all here. What do you want to talk about? What player has the best chance of making all-conference in 2022?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Not true as it would be nearly impossible to prove that said player contracted it through football.

Rest assured lawsuits would be filed and a jury will decide what % of responsibility rests on the University. At this point public sentiment would put 100% on the University and Athletic Department.

Iowa has been practicing football, correct? What if one player dies due to practicing with their team? Will it be lawsuit city?

Historically if some out of shape 300lb lineman dies of heatstroke the University pays through the nose. Same would happen with Covid-19 don’t be foolish and think otherwise.

Rest assured lawsuits would be filed and a jury will decide what % of responsibility rests on the University. At this point public sentiment would put 100% on the University and Athletic Department.

waiver, waiver..... plus they’re legal adults so you wouldn’t have to deal with “minor age” legalities. Pretty straight forward

Last edited:
Burden of proof is much less in civil suits of course but my statement still stands. Contingency cases are tricky as you may know but I am sure there will be lawyers chasing those ambulances

Reactions: Rick Chick
Waivers don’t hold water when negligence is involved.

Negligence? Good luck counsel proving where your client “acquired” the Wuhan virus.... Also counsel your client plays a violent sport where concussions, paralysis, and long term injuries occur frequently.

Reactions: bshirt73
Negligence? Good luck counsel proving where your client “acquired” the Wuhan virus.... Also counsel your client plays a violent sport where concussions, paralysis, and long term injuries occur frequently.

So that is how your conversation would go with the dead kids family? If so you better have the checkbook ready and pen in hand.

I would bet behind closed doors Frost would happily go back to the Big12. His offense and style of play would fit better in the Big12. Unfortunately now we are finally getting the player type that fits in the BIG10. If we switch back to the Big12 it could be another 4-5 years to get the right type of players again.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I would bet behind closed doors Frost would happily go back to the Big12. His offense and style of play would fit better in the Big12. Unfortunately now we are finally getting the player type that fits in the BIG10. If we switch back to the Big12 it could be another 4-5 years to get the right type of players again.
I see the Nebraska offense as something that will thrive in the Big12.
Defense, who plays defense in the Big12? ;)

I wouldn't say that NU is a prototypically B1G built team. Frost's offensive and defensive philosophies are "lighter" than your typical B1G team. We're long and lean at a lot of positions and he already has an emphasis on speed over pure power.

I think we're at a point where we can stop being pushed around by legit D1 teams along the lines and the LB positions and maintain speed in most positions.

The defense isn't built to just stonewall people either. TO's and boom or bust.

ADVERTISEMENT