ADVERTISEMENT

Now Official Regarding Frost...

rucker4

Walk On
Oct 21, 2021
He's now officially lost 2 games for every game he's won in his 45 games at Nebraska. Not a person in the world would have ever predicted that when he was hired.

Frost's failures at Nebraska have proved three things:

1) Success at a place like UCF is far far easier in that weak league than it is in the Big 10.
2) Frost caught lightning in a bottle for one year at UCF which launched him to a Power 5 job and a huge contract. Frost is just a very mediocre coach we now can see and those blemishes were camoflauged at UCF. Nebraska fans were sold a bill of goods on his hire. Frost has proven he's simply in over his head as a HC in the Big 10.
3) The Frost hire was administration, media, and fans thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. EVERYONE is accountable for these feelings and pushing for this hire--NOBODY else was even seriously considered.

Had Bret Bielema been hired 5 years ago (something I said they should do back then because of his previous Big 10 success at Wisconsin) instead of Frost, Nebraska football would be in a far different place now than it is. Bielema is further along in his rebuild at Illinois in year 2 than is Frost at Nebraska in year 5.

Last edited:
To be honest, I was upset when Frost was at UCF while Nebraska and Riley were shitting the bed. Everyone was stroking off Frost and crapping on Riley. I held out as a Riley apologist until 2017. I reluctantly joined the Frost hype machine. I should have stuck to my loser.

To be honest, I was upset when Frost was at UCF while Nebraska and Riley were shitting the bed. Everyone was stroking off Frost and crapping on Riley. I held out as a Riley apologist until 2017. I reluctantly joined the Frost hype machine. I should have stuck to my loser.
At least you're honest-- and you certainly were not alone in any way. Anybody at the time seemed better than Riley and the fact one of those was a former Husker player having one great year at UCF made it feel like a no-brainer to most.

He's now officially lost 2 games for every game he's won in his 45 games at Nebraska. Not a person in the world would have ever predicted that when he was hired.

1) Success at a place like UCF is far far easier in that weak league than it is in the Big 10.
2) Frost caught lightning in a bottle for one year at UCF which launched him to a Power 5 job and a huge contract. Frost is just a very mediocre coach we now can see and those blemishes were camoflauged at UCF. Nebraska fans were sold a bill of goods on his hire. Frost has proven he's simply in over his head as a HC in the Big 10.
3) The Frost hire was administration, media, and fans thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. EVERYONE is accountable for these feelings and pushing for this hire--NOBODY else was even seriously considered.

Had Bret Bielema been hired 5 years ago (something I said they should do back then because of his previous Big 10 success at Wisconsin) instead of Frost, Nebraska football would be in a far different place now than it is. Bielema is further along in his rebuild at Illinois in year 2 than is Frost at Nebraska in year 5.
A lot of Bielema's success was do to the fact that he inherited a good solid Wisconsin team from Barry Alvarez. Let's see if he can build Illinois up to where they are competitive.

A lot of Bielema's success was do to the fact that he inherited a good solid Wisconsin team from Barry Alvarez. Let's see if he can build Illinois up to where they are competitive.
He inherited a great culture established by Barry. Not a given it can continue. he made it continue and had 3 Rose Bowl teams after he relieved Barry. That's no fluke.

Since Solich, Nebraska simply isn't an attractive enough job to get a great coach. Frost was the best candidate they could get (since) for potential long-term success. Tough to see a successful P5 coach leaving for this job which likely means rolling the dice on another G5 coach or P5 coordinator. I'm sure TA realizes this and is part of the reason Frost is still the coach.

Never said i was-- I am a college football fan first and foremost. Read this post and tell me what I said isn't 100% correct and not a Nebraska flame.

Clearly you are a fraud Husker fan and bring nothing to the board. In fact, I'm quite sure I know who you disguise yourself to be.
Come on coward don’t hide, who’s your team?? I value some outside opinions, I just need to know who you’re a fan of to decide whether you’re worthy of my attention…

Come on coward don’t hide, who’s your team?? I value some outside opinions, I just need to know who you’re a fan of to decide whether you’re worthy of my attention…
No, I'm having far more fun just being in a chump's head and seeing you twist and turn. Sorry chump I have zero desire to capture your attention though I am obviously :)

Reactions: SWIowahawks
No, I'm having far more fun just being in a chump's head and seeing you twist and turn. Sorry chump :)
That’s what I thought coward. I’ve met a lot of cowards in my time, most are Iowa fans. You’re here spouting your garbage, glad our pathetic team and awesome fans own so much of your headspace…

• Haha
Reactions: EVERED and rucker4
That’s what I thought coward. I’ve met a lot of cowards in my time, most are Iowa fans. You’re here spouting your garbage, glad our pathetic team and awesome fans own so much of your headspace…
No, I'm having far more fun just being in a chump's head and seeing you twist and turn. Sorry chump I have zero desire to capture your attention though I am obviously :)

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I never changed, and I blame the frosturbators as much as I do him.

On the bright side at least the husker program isn’t full of racist coaches. Incompetent maybe, but not racist.
Anybody with Iowa is their screen name is consumed beyond belief. So whose looking like the idiot here? What happened, kirk Ferentz denied you his autograph once? An Iowa fan beat you up after a game one time? You lost your girlfriend to an Iowa fan once? C'mon chump, what really happened in your past to get to this point now of being so adversely consumed with Iowa? Seriously, it's not healthy and it's not a good look either.

this is frost if we don't fire him

10-questions-to-consider-when-choosing-new-office-space-2.jpg

Wow you have a lot of hate for UCF. Guess what UCF gets better recruits, in a better area for recruits, and has had a ton of talent on the team (that 2017 team alone has a ton of guys producing in the NFL). Horrible bias take

Wow you have a lot of hate for UCF. Guess what UCF gets better recruits, in a better area for recruits, and has had a ton of talent on the team (that 2017 team alone has a ton of guys producing in the NFL). Horrible bias take
Gee, wonder what school you root for?

Seriously, year in and year out, how would UCF fair in the B1G? Put away your rose colored glasses and answer.

You are in a low level league that will be even less meaningful once all the restructuring in college ball is complete.

Yeah he’s an Iowa fan, supports a racist program and coaching staff. Just go ahead and ignore his troll thread and posts, you’re welcome.

I don't really like Brett Bielma but he definitely can coach. I thought feelers were sent out and he wasn’t interested in Nebraska?

Gee, wonder what school you root for?

Seriously, year in and year out, how would UCF fair in the B1G? Put away your rose colored glasses and answer.

You are in a low level league that will be even less meaningful once all the restructuring in college ball is complete.
Here we go always point to the league vs the team. But in the end you just lost to a 3 win Northwestern team lol. But congrats on being in such a hard conference. I guess you have all the excuses you need in place for another 3 win year lol enjoy

He inherited a great culture established by Barry. Not a given it can continue. he made it continue and had 3 Rose Bowl teams after he relieved Barry. That's no fluke.

Coaching career (HC unless noted)Bret Bielema
1994–1995Iowa (GA)
1996–2001Iowa (LB)
2002–2003Kansas State (co-DC)
2004–2005Wisconsin (DC)
2006–2012Wisconsin
2013–2017Arkansas
2018New England Patriots (consultant to HC)
2019New England Patriots (DL)
2020New York Giants (OLB)
2021–presentIllinois

5 seasons Overall SEC
Arkansas:29–3411–29

While Bret Bielema was successful at Wisconsin with AD Barry Alvarez, his time at Arkansas was not successful, so their was a question on him.

Never thought for one minute that Eichorst hire of Riley was a good hire.. SF caught lighting in a bottle in 2019 and the majority of the fan base thought this was the perfect hire with the offense he was running…

It has turned out to be a failure and Moos should have never given him extension and such a high buy out..

Can’t fault TA wanting to get a cheaper buy out by making SF make staff changes..It’s all a matter of time and this era will come to a crashing halt..

Rebuilding a team is a lot different than maintaining a team that already has success. No fluke by any means but far easier than rebuilding from the ground up.

Reactions: Mississippihusker

Thought he would have brought back some
kind of option oriented offense that he knows all about….but he didn’t…..and….he failed. That’s it.

Just STFU, everyone on earth thought Frost was a home run hire. If you were the smartest man on the planet and you knew it wasn’t? GOOD FOR YOU! But please, spare us your Monday morning QB wisdom. Jerkoff
While almost everyone was onboard for the Frost hire, there WERE some concerns about the staff he was bringing with him - it was pretty obvious that NU was desperate enough to get Frost that they okayed some assistants that NU would have vetoed at the time of past hires (Callahan, Pelini). I think most of us thought we'd have a real, engaged AD who would actually supervise Frost and the program - where these bad assistants would get fired as soon as it was obvious they weren't cutting it - but that didn't happen until Trev arrived.

While almost everyone was onboard for the Frost hire, there WERE some concerns about the staff he was bringing with him - it was pretty obvious that NU was desperate enough to get Frost that they okayed some assistants that NU would have vetoed at the time of past hires (Callahan, Pelini). I think most of us thought we'd have a real, engaged AD who would actually supervise Frost and the program - where these bad assistants would get fired as soon as it was obvious they weren't cutting it - but that didn't happen until Trev arrived.
It's not the ADs job to fire football assistant coaches-- if you must you then have the wrong HC. Trev basically forced that issue late last season as he knew something temporarily had to be done. Trev could not be stupid enough to pay the King's Ransom it would have cost to buy out Frost after last season.

Coaching career (HC unless noted)Bret Bielema
1994–1995Iowa (GA)
1996–2001Iowa (LB)
2002–2003Kansas State (co-DC)
2004–2005Wisconsin (DC)
2006–2012Wisconsin
2013–2017Arkansas
2018New England Patriots (consultant to HC)
2019New England Patriots (DL)
2020New York Giants (OLB)
2021–presentIllinois

5 seasonsOverallSEC
Arkansas:29–3411–29

While Bret Bielema was successful at Wisconsin with AD Barry Alvarez, his time at Arkansas was not successful, so their was a question on him.
He failed at Arkansas because he tried to take the B1g formula and use it in the SEC and that was a terrible failure. Bielema's success at Wisconsin was no fluke. He's already making dramatic improvements at Illinois. He's a Big 10 guy.

ADVERTISEMENT