ADVERTISEMENT

Now is the lowest point in our history

The lowest spot ever evolves from having the worst record since 1957 last year which it could even get worse at seasons end in 2018...( let hope not)

Nebraska is on a 7 game losing streak the longest In school history which is tied with the 1942-43 season With Presnell/ Lewandowski and the 7 game losing streak to end the season with Bill Jennings in 1957..

The lowest spot ever evolves from having the worst record since 1957 last year which it could even get worse at seasons end in 2018...( let hope not)

Nebraska is on a 7 game losing streak the longest In school history which is tied with the 1942-43 season With Presnell/ Lewandowski and the 7 game losing streak to end the season with Bill Jennings in 1957..
We still have the 1918-1919 8-game non-winning streak to hopefully not tie, let alone break.

Only diehard Nebraska fans would contemplate a 1-something season at this stage of the game.

I salute you.

Ahh...no need for name calling SmokinWinking

Guess who is STILL UNDEFEATED....I will give you three guesses and it sure the hell isn’t NU. RollingLaugh

You begged for Frost, well now you have him. I think every NU fan is quickly learning that it was the existing UCF players that mostly made Frost successful, NOT the coach. RollingLaugh

Around NU games it’s like Oprah is handing out L’s

You get an L, You get an L, EVERYONE gets and L!!!

Yay!!!!
I wonder why you are undefeated DF. You’ll be back to shitty once Heupel gets his guys in there

Not near as bad as Texas tech 77-10 it's bad but not like that
It boggles my mind how many people bring up that Texas Tech game and focus just on the final score. Nebraska was behind 21-10 with less than 5 minutes left in the third quarter. Callhan got stubborn and had a hissy fit and he was gonna show people that they should quit bitching about Dailey. He pulled our starting QB and our back up who had no business playing threw 4 picks and had a fumble and we turned it over like 5-6 drives in a row and Tech scored 49 points in like 11 minutes to make the score look awful.

This wasn’t a team that was overmatched that game, or team that quit like the teams we’ve had the last few years. Hell we were playing a ranked team on the road within 2 scores late in the third quarter. The coach screwed them over to prove a point. If Billy left JD in we lose like 38-17 and no one cares. Yeah, at the time, the score was shocking and embarassing but it was nothing like what our fan base has witnessed over the last few years. Not putting in the backup QB and throwing every down was a fairly easy fix to that games problem. That was straight up nothing more than a stubborn coach being a know-it-all jackass. His stubborness cost us what should have been an easy 8-3 record that year. Not running the ball cost us close games to Southern Miss, Iowa State and Colorado. His stubborn streak ended by not firing Cosgrove in 2007 and we moved on to an even more stubborn jackass in Bo. We all know how that went.

I was pissed that game because of the score but knew we were in it until Billy benched JD. At no time that game or year was i ever filled with the utter hopelessness and disgust that I’ve felt more than once in the last couple of years. My hope is that the stubborness showed by Billy and Bo isn’t going to be a problem for Scott as well. Being set in their ways and not adjusting has been the achilles heel for many a coach here lately.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Things cannot go worse for us. Right here, right now we are at ground zero. The lowest point in Huskers history.

We can only go up from here.. or stay where we are which I don’t think will be the case.

While Frost turned things around for us the year after going 0-12 I believe UCF had the talent he needed to do it. OLeary was wearing two caps and at the end of his career plus he was not utilizing his talent correctly. Frost then recruited McKenzie which gave him the ability to install a fast, aggressive offense. Losing Martinez has not helped Frost. Our defense gave up lots of yards at times but made big stops at critical times. What I'm getting at is that it is too early to judge Frost because the two teams had/have different conditions. I think you will start seeing positive results in year 3 with the possibility of a winning season.

So if we were 3-0 and leading Michigan then Frost would have had nothing to do with it? Everyone loves the '97 Frost team's results and everyone admires what UCF accomplished last year. But to give him and his coaches a pass for this year is ridiculous. We are worse than last year. That's not solely on Riley.
I could be wrong, but I think the combination of the harm Riley did and many of these upper classmen now playing for the 3rd different coach, 3rd different scheme. I think they are mentally fried, checkout and ready to be done with football. I think all of us would be hard pressed to find motivation after the 4-5 years they have been through. Especially the last 3. It doesn't take a football expert to see that many of these guys aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing and just aren't pushing with 100%. We saw a glimpse of what 100% effort was like with CU. We saw fire, passion, drive. I think if we get that win or the win against Akron things are way different at this point. The players saw another loss, and started thinking, here we go again. That mentality is sticking with them. Missed tackles, missed assignment, taking poor angles, poor blocking technique, can't get separation. The coach can not be out there holding their hands and making them do what they are suppose to.

Many say, well Frost should be benching the guys who aren't giving 100%. We are so low on depth in many areas, he doesn't have that option. Even the guys who aren't playing good are still probably our best option vs under classmen.
One thing that is keeping me positive is, every former player I have seen is still saying we have the right guy. They are seeing things from a player point of view and can see that these players aren't into it like they need to be. When they all start switching their tune, then I might start to be concerned a bit more.

I do think Frost could be doing a bit more during games to change things up. It seems to me he has a plan going into the game and doesn't adjust to things as the game goes. He believes in his system maybe to much and will need to learn to make some changes. This isn't the AAC any more. We have some solid BIG10 coaches, and it will be a chess match to get the win most weeks.

Last edited:
Lowest point so far - it can get worse. It’s not just losing games, it’s the freaking bad luck that has gone with it. First game rain-out; QB gets hurt in what became the first game as they’re trying to close it out. Couple of missed FGs. Couple of dropped passes. I’m not counting the tipped INT at Michigan because I don’t think NU wins that game anyway. Just A LOT of little things have gone wrong for a team that was fragile to begin with.

But people don’t get to be in positions like that of Scott Frost without being able to work on the little things while keeping focus on the big picture. That’s also why the inane suggestion that he regrets taking the NU job is stupid. Only a half-wit moron would believe that idea for even a second.

I think that it is likely that we have yet to see rock bottom. Ohio State will set records against us this year. Also, what happens if a 1-3 Purdue team comes to Lincoln and wins easily (or god forbid, blows us out)? A loss is likely, but there's a decent chance that we don't even keep it close on Saturday.

Damn straight on that,if hadn't played here,won here and was from here,imagine what they would be saying,they give him a free pass and blame it on Riley,don't get me wrong been a big red fan before most of you were born and hope Frost turns this around but my God man this is a poorly coached team.I remember my first game at Memorial Stadium,1973 Osborne lost to Mizzou.I know the pressure and heat he had but we stayed the course and thank god we did,all I am saying is stop blaming Riley and admit Frost + staff were out- coached.
If you gave Saban a group of highschool kids and he started 0-3,was blown out to Mich would you still claim they were out coached? This team mentally I believe is at the same level as a group of highschool kids. Talent probably isn't far behind that.
I agree Frost could be doing some things better during the game. Even if he coached a perfect game we aren't beating Michigan. We probably could have gotten the Troy and Buff game with a few coaching adjustments. Those things will come with time, remember he has basically been a HC for 2 years. Those little in game adjustments come with experience. Also lets not forget the horrible O line play, limits what plays can be called. They basically can't open holes to call run plays, they can't hold a block long enough to get guys deep. We basically can run Martinez or do short screens, or 5 yard passes. On Sat we didn't even have enough time to do that.

Still giving him 5 years?
Going to assume based on your lack of posts and your question, you are a UCF or Iowa Troll. I will play anyways. Yes he will still get 5 years. Most of husker football fans know this is the last chance we have. If Frost doesn't succeed here nobody would be able to. At least nobody that we would get to come here. Nebraska is becoming to far removed from the glory days, to be able to use that to draw in top coaches or recruits. To most coaches and recruits we are just an average school who was good a long time ago.
So if we don't give Frost enough time we will forever be doomed to be the Iowa of BIG10. He was given a 7 year contract for a reason and I think barring 4 or 5 losing seasons. I think he will be given it.

While Frost turned things around for us the year after going 0-12 I believe UCF had the talent he needed to do it. OLeary was wearing two caps and at the end of his career plus he was not utilizing his talent correctly. Frost then recruited McKenzie which gave him the ability to install a fast, aggressive offense. Losing Martinez has not helped Frost. Our defense gave up lots of yards at times but made big stops at critical times. What I'm getting at is that it is too early to judge Frost because the two teams had/have different conditions. I think you will start seeing positive results in year 3 with the possibility of a winning season.

UCF fans always forget to mention that your schedule is a hell of a lot easier to get W's than ours is.

UCF fans always forget to mention that your schedule is a hell of a lot easier to get W's than ours is.

Exactly, UCF plays in a garbage conference full of easy wins. If they played in a real conference they’d be very average. They have a good team right now with the right mix of players, but it won’t last.

Their boasting and poor sportsmanship just shows how amateur they are. Things will change as they almost always do in college football. You can’t compete at a high level on a consistent basis with recruiting classes ranked in the 60’s or whatever they bring in. It helps that their conference is weak as hell.

They must be a bunch of dipshits over there. Trolls are going to be relentless on them when things change.

I could be wrong, but I think the combination of the harm Riley did and many of these upper classmen now playing for the 3rd different coach, 3rd different scheme. I think they are mentally fried, checkout and ready to be done with football. I think all of us would be hard pressed to find motivation after the 4-5 years they have been through. Especially the last 3. It doesn't take a football expert to see that many of these guys aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing and just aren't pushing with 100%. We saw a glimpse of what 100% effort was like with CU. We saw fire, passion, drive. I think if we get that win or the win against Akron things are way different at this point. The players saw another loss, and started thinking, here we go again. That mentality is sticking with them. Missed tackles, missed assignment, taking poor angles, poor blocking technique, can't get separation. The coach can not be out there holding their hands and making them do what they are suppose to.

Many say, well Frost should be benching the guys who aren't giving 100%. We are so low on depth in many areas, he doesn't have that option. Even the guys who aren't playing good are still probably are best option vs under classmen.
One thing that is keeping me positive is, every former player I have seen is still saying we have the right guy. They are seeing things from a player point of view and can see that these players aren't into it like they need to be. When they all start switching their tune, then I might start to be concerned a bit more.

I do think Frost could be doing a bit more during games to change things up. It seems to me he has a plan going into the game and doesn't adjust to things as the game goes. He believes in his system maybe to much and will need to learn to make some changes. This isn't the AAC any more. We have some solid BIG10 coaches, and it will be a chest match to get the win most weeks.

A damn fine post sir.

Yes, it can't be anywhere's close to easy for our junior & senior players. Different coaches every five minutes and endlessly losing, losing & losing. It's gotta be horribly difficult sledding for them.

Also, without doubt there's a monster sized difference between playing the AAC schedule and now playing the Big10. Bloody huge, HUGE difference.

I think SF is learning and he's smart enough to listen to TO for some excellent advice. But even with the best scheming our OLine has a long, long ways to go. I'd love to be dead wrong but fixing that is going to take several years is my blind guess. Of course, without a good or at least a decent Oline we have nothing.

We're "all" just going to have to be tough as nails for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
While Frost turned things around for us the year after going 0-12 I believe UCF had the talent he needed to do it. .
While I never understood the "we have more talent" argument from UCF fan. You have classes ranked in the 60 and 80s year in and year out. Nebraska in the 20s and 30s. I don't think there is question on paper we have better talent. The real issue becomes getting the most out of the talent one has. Also how willing that talent is to buy into a coach and how long it takes. UCF players seemed to buy in very quickly to what frost was trying to do. That really clicked in year 2. Maybe year 2 will be that year here as well. We will have to see. I think the mental side of things right now is the biggest factor making our talent look less than what it could be. Finally, there is different talent for different types of schemes. Frost wants taller, leaner, faster guys. Guys who are mobile and in great shape. While we may have good talent for a pro style offense that Riley was trying to run. I don't believe we currently have the type of talent to run what Frost wants to run. Not a lack of talent just not the talent that fits. UCF did. So while I don't think UCF has more talent than us. I do think they were able to put all the pieces together and get the most out of what they had. Sometimes that is more important than anything.

No argument there. We had two P5 games canceled in back to back years due to hurricanes which doesn't help. We have to give up our g5 tuneup games and at least try to schedule more P5 teams. Most teams don't seem like they want to play us for a home and home. I'm sure part of the reason is revenue from the larger P5 crowds. But the P5 can throw us a bone when they already have revenue ten times per team than we get. It's impossible to break through the glass ceiling when it is made of polycarbonate. Anyway the point I was making was that Frost needs time to bring in his own players and we should see an improvement in year 3 for all the obvious reasons.

While I never understood the "we have more talent" argument from UCF fan. You have classes ranked in the 60 and 80s year in and year out. Nebraska in the 20s and 30s. I don't think there is question on paper we have better talent. The real issue becomes getting the most out of the talent one has. Also how willing that talent is to buy into a coach and how long it takes. UCF players seemed to buy in very quickly to what frost was trying to do. That really clicked in year 2. Maybe year 2 will be that year here as well. We will have to see. I think the mental side of things right now is the biggest factor making our talent look less than what it could be. Finally, there is different talent for different types of schemes. Frost wants taller, leaner, faster guys. Guys who are mobile and in great shape. While we may have good talent for a pro style offense that Riley was trying to run. I don't believe we currently have the type of talent to run what Frost wants to run. Not a lack of talent just not the talent that fits. UCF did. So while I don't think UCF has more talent than us. I do think they were able to put all the pieces together and get the most out of what they had. Sometimes that is more important than anything.

As far as talent at UCF I would say that currently having 18 players in the NFL which is as good or better than 32 P5 teams is a pretty good indicator of talent over the years. Nebraska has 23. Alabama has 49.

Wow our AD must be a moron for paying our coach $5M a year because he was so successful in a garbage conference. Maybe he isn't really coach of the year material and cant win in the Big 10? Perhaps winning in the AAC doesn't account for shit and we wasted a lot of money on a coach who really hasn't proven shit? Sounds very logical to me!
First off you don't need to pretend you are Neb fan, we all know you are UCF troll.
Lets be real, while Frost performance at UCF help no doubt, he is here because of his Nebraska roots. This team needed to get back to their core. They needed a coach that understood Nebraska football. He had success as a player and as a coach, has played and coached along side many top coaches in the NFL and NCAA. Had coached a heisman trophy winner and was the OC of a high powered successful offense while at Oregon. You are insane if you think the only reason he was hired was because of what happened at UCF. That was the cherry on top of a much larger ice cream cone.

Reactions: scarletred
That is not the point, most only attribute his success at UCF to playing in a garbage conference. I guess the AP voters that awarded him coach of the year did not realize that it is so easy to win in a so called garbage conference.....you can't have it both ways.....either going undefeated was a great accomplishment or it was that he merely coached in a garbage conference....now on to your point, so we paid him $5M a year because he is an alumni, a good player and OC? But hey he really only succeeded as a HC because it was a crap conference.....That is pure genius!
No, “we” paid him 5 million because that was the going rate to hire arguably the hottest name on the market. It would have been no different had Frost accepted the Florida or Tennesssee job.

Why was he the hottest name on the market? Was his UCF undefeated season merely because of playing in ( I will quote) "a garbage conference"?????
Merely? No. But they weren’t going undefeated in a power 5 conference. UCF was a very good team last year and this year. No doubt about it.

Reactions: gobigred667
That is not the point, many on this board trivialize and only attribute his success at UCF to playing in a garbage conference. I guess the AP voters that awarded him coach of the year did not realize that it is so easy to win in a so called garbage conference.....you can't have it both ways.....either going undefeated was a great accomplishment for both him and UCF or it was that he merely coached in a garbage conference....now on to your point, so we paid him $5M a year because he is an alumni, a good player and OC? But hey he really only succeeded as a HC because it was a crap conference.....That is pure genius!
Dude get your head out of your ass. The AAC is a garbage conference. There is a reason they went undefeated and didn't play for the NC. No it isn't just because the system is rigged (UCF conspiracy theory) It is because they don't play anyone that proves they deserve to be there. Just because they play in a shitty weak conference doesn't mean it is any easier to to go undefeated. It is hard for a high school team to go undefeated. So yes you can have it both way.
UCF needs to stop thinking they are owed anything. Respect is earned over time, not just given because of 2 new years day bowls over 10 years. They need to to start playing 2 or 3 top power 5 programs every year. Yes these games are going to have to be away games. They are not going to get home and home with many top power 5 programs. Deal with it, you haven't earned that right yet. Suck it up, take those away games and prove you can beat anyone any time any place. Like FL and Fl st did back in the day. UCF thinks the country owes them something. Nobody owes you shit until you can consistently beat top 25 teams, when it counts, over decades.

Oh burn. You’ve pointed out that we are 0-4. Can’t you come up with something better than that dipshit? Your not even that good at this, but it’s what is to be expected from someone who goes to a garbage school like UCF. Try to think of something better while on break at your lucrative career of flipping burgers. Haha UCF!!

As former UCF coach George O’Leary said after the Knights beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl five years ago: “There are two or three good teams in each major conference; the rest are just members who are cashing checks.”

As former UCF coach George O’Leary said after the Knights beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl five years ago: “There are two or three good teams in each major conference; the rest are just members who are cashing checks.”

The Big Ten had 8 teams going to a bowl last year winning 7 of them. Nebraska, having a 40 year low, missed a bowl. Which is extremely rare for Nebraska. Nebraska has 51 bowl appearances in the last 58 years!!!

Nebraska missed 4 bowl games in the 1960's, 2 in the 2000's, and last years of course.

Last edited:
The Big Ten had 8 teams going to a bowl last year winning 7 of them. Nebraska, having a 40 year low, missed a bowl. Which is extremely rare for Nebraska. Nebraska has 51 bowl appearances in the last 58 years!!!

Nebraska missed 4 bowl games in the 1960's, 2 in the 2000's, and last years of course.

As long as we are reminiscing about the past......

Stop and let that sink in for a minute! Soon to be 0-5
#NothingReleventIn20Years

Does anyone really need to ‘stop and think’ about the fact that Nebraska is 0-4?

There is an AWFUL lot being written to somehow re-state the exact same thing over and over again - as if we ALL aren’t aware of how disappointing and frustrating this season has been.

ADVERTISEMENT