ADVERTISEMENT

Now is the lowest point in our history

This is the lowest I have ever seen Nebraska football in my life. Just horrible football. We get worse every week.

Scott Frost brought all this on himself.

He bragged and boasted and brought us bad karma.

Then he botches the QB competition and mis manages that whole thing, and now he runs the risk of losing the team and players just quitting on him.

He does have a history of turning things around and coming out on top though. I'm just not sure how long that will take in lieu of how ugly things could get this year.
Karma is not a thing. Ugh.

Reactions: mmunso7
Lowest point in history was having foul mouthed, foaming at the mouth Pelini as our coach.
No more Callahan,Pellini,Solich or Riley talk.No pointing fingers at the past,we are talking right here right now.They were not prepared and Michigan was and THAT is coaching.I will say they didn't lose from coaching but it did contribute to this blow out,be butt hurt,don't care but that my Big Red fans is the truth,their defensive coach is an outstanding coach and dominated our offense.

Reactions: buddha7mu
Defensively,we had no answer to their offset line with their double tight ends,their size and speed,our ends are slow are backfield support took bad angles and got up in the backwash,they were dominate and we were outplayed and purchased.I believe it will get better but even Frost admitted it will get worse before it gets better.On that he was correct !

Still giving him 5 years?
? I've never made a statement about that..

I would like to see him use a different defensive scheme, but he's basically the last chance this program has, and I think there is a good chance he will get it done in time.

Really surprised we are this bad. Hope it’s just lance of talent and poor desire left from Riley days.

Damn straight on that,if hadn't played here,won here and was from here,imagine what they would be saying,they give him a free pass and blame it on Riley,don't get me wrong been a big red fan before most of you were born and hope Frost turns this around but my God man this is a poorly coached team.I remember my first game at Memorial Stadium,1973 Osborne lost to Mizzou.I know the pressure and heat he had but we stayed the course and thank god we did,all I am saying is stop blaming Riley and admit Frost + staff were out- coached.

My God, there's a MASSIVE difference in TO taking over a program that won two NCs in Devaney's last three years & Frost taking over a Beaver career losing machine.

Reactions: Baxter48
I do believe Callahan did something in that game that didn't need to be,there was a lot of fan talk on the QB situation and I think he did it to slap our faces,that game still pisses me off on how Callahan ran that offense when the game was already decided,glad he is gone.

Things cannot go worse for us. Right here, right now we are at ground zero. The lowest point in Huskers history.

We can only go up from here.. or stay where we are which I don’t think will be the case.
Things can certainly get worse, and probably will, Scott was really left with a raw deal. No scholarship qbs and a team that is used to getting blown out, that has accepted being blown out. This game wasn't any worse than Minnesota or Iowa last year. He will certainly try to salvage the few wins on our schedule, but we are in need of a youth movement...the only consternation I had with the Frost hire was the fact our team really needed a defensive overhaul. MR and Lansdorf were decent offensive coaches and our offense could score the last 3 years. Our defense was atrocious, and a lot of this was coaching and talent. We did nothing to remediate this by hiring Frost, and now our offense is unsuited to play frosts style and we have a defense that placates to the offense, except the offense understandably can't score. Obviously Bo wouldn't do much better with this group as there just are not a ton of NFL draft picks but the fix this thing in the short term we needed a defense minded coach who would slow the game down and grind out some wins while the talent is restocked. Fast pace, reckless defense is the worst formula for kids that hate playing football and are afraid of failure. Frost is going to have to adjust his focus back to defense and special teams if we want to win.

Last edited:
My God, there's a MASSIVE difference in TO taking over a program that won two NCs in Devaney's last three years & Frost taking over a Beaver career losing machine.
Totally agree,but come on man,you can't blame Riley for this ! You might.

Meh, we've been at the low point for the last 18 months.... and its gonna be another 12-18 months.

This program was built on great LOS play..... Not a single person on the roster today can help with that.....it's gonna be ugly....really ugly.

There you go again,blaming Riley for this.Devaney came in and won,right away,with Jennings losers.I know different time and different era but coaches have won with lesser talent.

Things can certainly get worse, and probably will, Scott was really left with a raw deal. No scholarship qbs and a team that is used to getting blown out, that has accepted being blown out. This game wasn't any worse than Minnesota or Iowa last year. He will certainly try to salvage the few wins on our schedule, but we are in need of a youth movement...
This I can agree with,great post !

The QB situation was a massive f-up. Set the tone for this crap season. Probably hurt the buy-in from some players as well, since according to some people there were a bunch of players that thought Gebbia actually won the QB competition.

I’ve heard from people on the inside that Bunch was better than Gebbia.

we are a very young team. In a way we have all freshman as every returner is asked to play a different style, different responsibilities and go at a different pace. Our returners are used to losing, we were bad last year and we have a very low amount of talent. Nobody knows if SF is the answer but I can guarantee you he is better than what we had and this program will be a ton better in year 3 than this year. People can say this is a poorly coached team and I do see evidence of that but at the end of the day, we will not play a game all year where we have more talent than our opponents, not 1. This will change in a couple years.

Defensively,we had no answer to their offset line with their double tight ends,their size and speed,our ends are slow are backfield support took bad angles and got up in the backwash,they were dominate and we were outplayed and purchased.I believe it will get better but even Frost admitted it will get worse before it gets better.On that he was correct !
Oh f*ck. That one brings back memories...

Things cannot go worse for us. Right here, right now we are at ground zero. The lowest point in Huskers history.

We can only go up from here.. or stay where we are which I don’t think will be the case.

Purdue should be up for the next game. Realistically, I could see 1-2 wins. I think reality needs to be accepted, THEN the healing can begin.

I doubt we win a game all year after today. We looked terrible from the start.

Not near as bad as Texas tech 77-10 it's bad but not like that
My son and I were at that game----it still hurts. We pulled Daley and put in "I can't remember" and he got his ass handed to him. God, whatta nite. After today, it seems not so long ago after all. GBR--it's gonna happen.

My son and I were at that game----it still hurts. We pulled Daley and put in "I can't remember" and he got his ass handed to him. God, whatta nite. After today, it seems not so long ago after all. GBR--it's gonna happen.
Was the other qb beou Davis? Now that was truly awful

I was there, too. North end zone. Other than the weather, miserable night.
Was the other qb beou Davis? Now that was truly awful
Yes.

Fost has a very legitimate chance to be the first coach to go 13-0 to 0-12. Have fun because I don’t see NU winning for the foreseeable future minus the FCS opponent NU just secured. Your FCS game isn’t even a lock. If ODU can take VT to the woodshed, it can happen to NU as well.

Have fun racking up that collection of L’s

Reactions: dali drama
Fost has a very legitimate chance to be the first coach to go 13-0 to 0-12. Have fun because I don’t see NU winning for the foreseeable future minus the FCS opponent NU just secured. Your FCS game isn’t even a lock. If ODU can take VT to the woodshed, it can happen to NU as well.

Have fun racking up that collection of L’s
FO looser go back to smoking crack

FO looser go back to smoking crack
Ahh...no need for name calling SmokinWinking

Guess who is STILL UNDEFEATED....I will give you three guesses and it sure the hell isn’t NU. RollingLaugh

You begged for Frost, well now you have him. I think every NU fan is quickly learning that it was the existing UCF players that mostly made Frost successful, NOT the coach. RollingLaugh

Around NU games it’s like Oprah is handing out L’s

You get an L, You get an L, EVERYONE gets and L!!!

Yay!!!!

Reactions: dali drama
Ahh...no need for name calling SmokinWinking

Guess who is STILL UNDEFEATED....I will give you three guesses and it sure the hell isn’t NU. RollingLaugh

You begged for Frost, well now you have him. I think every NU fan is quickly learning that it was the existing UCF players that mostly made Frost successful, NOT the coach. RollingLaugh

Around NU games it’s like Oprah is handing out L’s

You get an L, You get an L, EVERYONE gets and L!!!

Yay!!!!

You must be a real low life to take the time to come on here and talk shit. It really speaks volumes of your horrific character. I feel bad for people who have to deal with you on daily basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT