ADVERTISEMENT

Now is the lowest point in our history

Things cannot go worse for us. Right here, right now we are at ground zero. The lowest point in Huskers history.

We can only go up from here.. or stay where we are which I don’t think will be the case.

Unfortunately, we haven’t played Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, or Iowa yet. :(

Things cannot go worse for us. Right here, right now we are at ground zero. The lowest point in Huskers history.

We can only go up from here.. or stay where we are which I don’t think will be the case.
It will get worse this year, maybe they can beat BC, but any other victory beyond that will be an ugly win.

Reactions: ssmill777
Said the exact same thing several times over the past few years and it always does...I suspect it will get worse.

This is a continuation of last year. Frost has little or nothing to do with this. I TRUST IN FROST. We’re just worse than I thought we were.
So if we were 3-0 and leading Michigan then Frost would have had nothing to do with it? Everyone loves the '97 Frost team's results and everyone admires what UCF accomplished last year. But to give him and his coaches a pass for this year is ridiculous. We are worse than last year. That's not solely on Riley.

Scott Frost brought all this on himself.

He bragged and boasted and brought us bad karma.

Then he botches the QB competition and mis manages that whole thing, and now he runs the risk of losing the team and players just quitting on him.

He does have a history of turning things around and coming out on top though. I'm just not sure how long that will take in lieu of how ugly things could get this year.

So if we were 3-0 and leading Michigan then Frost would have had nothing to do with it? Everyone loves the '97 Frost team's results and everyone admires what UCF accomplished last year. But to give him and his coaches a pass for this year is ridiculous. We are worse than last year. That's not solely on Riley.

Not worse. Maybe the same, but not worse. There are some guys out there playing hard. NOBODY gave a damn last year.

Reactions: bshirt73

Then he botches the QB competition and mis manages that whole thing, and now he runs the risk of losing the team and players just quitting on him.

He does have a history of turning things around and coming out on top though. I'm just not sure how long that will take in lieu of how ugly things could get this year.
Year 3, doubt next year gets a whole lot better.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

The QB situation was a massive f-up. Set the tone for this crap season. Probably hurt the buy-in from some players as well, since according to some people there were a bunch of players that thought Gebbia actually won the QB competition.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
QUsyloY.jpg

Michigan just needs to add another 17 points to their lead and they can tie the worst defeat in Nebraska history.

Hopefully Scott imposed on them in the locker room that such a thing was not going to happen.

A lot of excuses going around. Frost is the head coach of this team. I get it. It's only the 3rd game and whatever. But damn, a lot of the blame should be on him. People seem to be afraid to call him out. He has done a piss-poor job of coaching so far. I don't care that it is his 1st season. Will it get better? I think so. For now he deserves a lot of the blame and we seem to be blaming everyone but the head coach. I like the guy, but if he wasn't a former Husker, people would already be calling for his head. Poorly coached football team all the way around thus far.

A lot of excuses going around. Frost is the head coach of this team. I get it. It's only the 3rd game and whatever. But damn, a lot of the blame should be on him. People seem to be afraid to call him out. He has done a piss-poor job of coaching so far. I don't care that it is his 1st season. Will it get better? I think so. For now he deserves a lot of the blame and we seem to be blaming everyone but the head coach. I like the guy, but if he wasn't a former Husker, people would already be calling for his head. Poorly coached football team all the way around thus far.

I said in an earlier post that Devaney inherited as big or even bigger mess than Frost, and he turned it around in year 1. Hope Frost can do something the rest of the way, but it's not looking good.

This is a continuation of last year. Frost has little or nothing to do with this. I TRUST IN FROST. We’re just worse than I thought we were.
Bullshit! This staff was totally out-coached,they had no answer for the cut back run opposite from the overloaded right line,this defense was completely manipulated .The offense had no clue on their blitzes.Tell me where they did a good job of anything ? Special teams suck also,how many fair catches did they do ? Can't blame them really,everytime they do a return they get a penalty.Of course that ain't coaching in your Frost colored glasses,Who knows maybe Frost will turn this around but stop blaming the last staff and admit this staff has a LONG way to go.

I said in an earlier post that Devaney inherited as big or even bigger mess than Frost, and he turned it around in year 1. Hope Frost can do something the rest of the way, but it's not looking good.
The college football landscape has changed just a tad over the last half century.

Reactions: HuskersNC

Every time that statement gets made, the program finds another shovel to dig deeper. Keep in mind - this is not the best team we will play this year.

Damn straight on that,if hadn't played here,won here and was from here,imagine what they would be saying,they give him a free pass and blame it on Riley,don't get me wrong been a big red fan before most of you were born and hope Frost turns this around but my God man this is a poorly coached team.I remember my first game at Memorial Stadium,1973 Osborne lost to Mizzou.I know the pressure and heat he had but we stayed the course and thank god we did,all I am saying is stop blaming Riley and admit Frost + staff were out- coached.

Reactions: Chuck003
Bullshit! This staff was totally out-coached,they had no answer for the cut back run opposite from the overloaded right line,this defense was completely manipulated .The offense had no clue on their blitzes.Tell me where they did a good job of anything ? Special teams suck also,how many fair catches did they do ? Can't blame them really,everytime they do a return they get a penalty.Of course that ain't coaching in your Frost colored glasses,Who knows maybe Frost will turn this around but stop blaming the last staff and admit this staff has a LONG way to go.
I suppose you could do better

It's all about attitude and effort. I wish I had the ability and opportunity these guys have. You get the opportunity to set the foundation for future success or be forgotten. If I'm a senior, I'd relish that opportunity. If I'm a freshman, I'd be playing my ass off and doing whatever I could to get on the field. I'd take beatdowns like this personal and work even harder to succeed.

You either want to put in the work to become successful or you don't. I hope Coach Frost and his staff are able to weed out those that don't want to work for it and play the ones who do.

An ass whooping like this sucks but I hope those that want to be great use it as fuel for the future.

Still giving him 5 years?

Reactions: gobigred667
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT