ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dames quality loss is as good as Georgia’s

I pick Notre Dame to the CFP
Because they are a better football team than Georgia
But if you consider the better TV market , Georgia is the pick. and I’m sure this is where the committee will go.
it sucks , but TV calls the shots.
What about quality win comparisons.

The perception is that SEC teams are more talented because the higher rated recruits are from the south. The betting lines would favor Georgia and Alabama over anyone else in the country. Why not get the best teams in the playoff?

But who needs a conference championship game or even a conference for that matter if two teams from the same conference are put in?

And that's part of my argument with an 8 team playoff. Go to 8 teams and those four extra teams will usually be a couple teams that got 2nd in their conference or a 3rd place, two loss SEC team.

The perception is that SEC teams are more talented because the higher rated recruits are from the south. The betting lines would favor Georgia and Alabama over anyone else in the country. Why not get the best teams in the playoff?

But who needs a conference championship game or even a conference for that matter if two teams from the same conference are put in?

And that's part of my argument with an 8 team playoff. Go to 8 teams and those four extra teams will usually be a couple teams that got 2nd in their conference or a 3rd place, two loss SEC team.
I prefer a 16 team tourment and the hottest team wins

But if you consider the better TV market , Georgia is the pick. and I’m sure this is where the committee will go.
Yeah poor, poor Notre Dame - they're always getting passed over due to TV considerations!

Good Lord.

I prefer a 16 team tourment and the hottest team wins
I like four teams or go back to just bowl games and take the top two to play a week after New Year's Day (which will never happen). If they do go to 16 teams, teams like Alabama would play up to 17 games a season. That's a lot. The top teams would have mismatches in that first round anyway. Unless they seeded them by regions like the basketball tourney used to do-- West, South, Midwest and East. Make the SEC teams beat each others' brains out in the early rounds!

So do I. Georgia was soundly beaten in what amounts to a playoff game on a neutral field. Notre Dame routed a decent Wisconsin team and its only loss was to a playoff team early in the season. If Georgia had lost a close, hard-fought game I'd say they deserve to be the pick. But they got their asses handed to them and fairness dictates that ND has done enough to warrant the 4th spot.

They would get killed by Georgia
I was not that impressed by Georgia the two times I watched them this season. Clemson couldn't score at all, especially early in the season, and still hung with Georgia until the end of the game. Had Laurence and Etienne still been there they would have won by 3 TDs. Against Alabama their DBs were so outclassed by the Alabama receivers it was embarrassing. Had Georgia played Ohio St and its receivers it would have been even worse.
The SEC just wasn't very good this year with LSU, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee etc all relatively subpar. I honestly believe the Big 10 was the best conference top to bottom this year and that will be revealed in the bowl games.

I like four teams or go back to just bowl games and take the top two to play a week after New Year's Day (which will never happen). If they do go to 16 teams, teams like Alabama would play up to 17 games a season. That's a lot. The top teams would have mismatches in that first round anyway. Unless they seeded them by regions like the basketball tourney used to do-- West, South, Midwest and East. Make the SEC teams beat each others' brains out in the early rounds!
I am for 12 or 16 teams where the top 6 conference champs get in (I'd actually make it 8 conferences and only allow 8 total conferences in FBS).

Conference Championship weekend could be one of the best sports weekends of the year, if conference champs made the playoffs...but I watched about 12 minutes of football this weekend, because most of the games didn't matter much.

College football...where they tell you every game matters, but in reality, very few games actually matter.

Reactions: Dean Pope

I pick Notre Dame over Michigan. How can a team that lost to Mich St be in the playoffs.....

So do I. Georgia was soundly beaten in what amounts to a playoff game on a neutral field. Notre Dame routed a decent Wisconsin team and its only loss was to a playoff team early in the season. If Georgia had lost a close, hard-fought game I'd say they deserve to be the pick. But they got their asses handed to them and fairness dictates that ND has done enough to warrant the 4th spot.
Only problem I have with ND is they don’t play in a CCG and when they did look what happened..

Georgia still a better team than ND.. But I agree that CCG are like a playoff game and that is the reason why I’m against 16 playoff … Should be 8..

Yeah but your knot factering in Georgias win agianst powerhouse Charleston Southern a few weeks ago. Proud too be a team SEC fan and bee at the top of football and speling and grammer to with my GED. Glad we finaly got WiFi in the trailer park so I can spred the massage of SEC superiorety across the land. SEC SEC SEC

I was not that impressed by Georgia the two times I watched them this season. Clemson couldn't score at all, especially early in the season, and still hung with Georgia until the end of the game. Had Laurence and Etienne still been there they would have won by 3 TDs. Against Alabama their DBs were so outclassed by the Alabama receivers it was embarrassing. Had Georgia played Ohio St and its receivers it would have been even worse.
The SEC just wasn't very good this year with LSU, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee etc all relatively subpar. I honestly believe the Big 10 was the best conference top to bottom this year and that will be revealed in the bowl games.
Alabama's receivers are better than Ohio State's. Williams is the best receiver in the country by a wide margin.

Really? Who has their own TV contract bearing their games all across the US? Your bias is controlling rational thought!

Only problem I have with ND is they don’t play in a CCG and when they did look what happened..

Georgia still a better team than ND.. But I agree that CCG are like a playoff game and that is the reason why I’m against 16 playoff … Should be 8..

ND’s SOS usually compares favorably with other top 10 teams, even without a CCG. ND should schedule Monmouth sometime in November and kick their game with Stanford back a week to limit these takes.

ND’s SOS usually compares favorably with other top 10 teams, even without a CCG. ND should schedule Monmouth sometime in November and kick their game with Stanford back a week to limit these takes.
Fact is ND doesn’t have to tee it up again and risk losing a game like every other Power5 conference team..

Schedule Navy instead of Stanford or USC in November than…

Fact is ND doesn’t have to tee it up again and risk losing a game like every other Power5 conference team..

Schedule Navy instead of Stanford or USC in November than…

and the SEC doesn’t have to tee it up during a random week in November when they schedule their annual FCS team (which ND doesn’t do). If ND’s SOS is in line with other top programs why does it matter?

Even if ND was in the ACC again this year and beats Pitt or Wake to win the conference they wouldn’t have gotten in….

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
and the SEC doesn’t have to tee it up during a random week in November when they schedule their annual FCS team (which ND doesn’t do). If ND’s SOS is in line with other top programs why does it matter?

Even if ND was in the ACC again this year and beats Pitt or Wake to win the conference they wouldn’t have gotten in.
When OU and tejas join the SEC they’ll be playing 9 conference games, how they schedule their non conference games is up to them..

Not every year ND has a top 10 schedule this year they might have after the games are played..Nebraska did this year but not every year…

Gun to your head, and an amount of money you would never recover from losing if you did....anyone betting against the SEC winning it all this year? I ain't. ND had their chance, and choked.

Check the strength of schedules for Georgia and Norte Dame. There's nothing to argue about.

ADVERTISEMENT