ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing about our new keeker? (MAYBE?)

It sounds like it's up in the air now for some reason. He deleted his Twitter post about it and other recruiting people are not quite sure what's going on at the moment.
And you wonder why we struggle to win games. Yes you can come to Nebraska and pay your own way. Wanna try out for kicker?

Sorry, we have to many kickers, we don't want you, even if you pay your own way.

So now we have too many kickers? I am pretty sure @Nitt1993 was telling me that the reason we lost games in previous years is because of injuries to kickers. hmm now we have to many. Who da thunk???

Last edited:
And you wonder why we struggle to win games. Yes you can come to Nebraska and pay your own way. Wanna try out for kicker?

Sorry, we have to many kickers, we don't want you, even if you pay your own way.

So now we have too many kickers? I am pretty sure @Nitt1993 was telling me that the reason we lost games in previous years is because of injuries to kickers. hmm now we have to many. Who da thunk???
K, we had the best kicker in the conference last year and we are bringing in a freshman who can kick it out of the end zone.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
We don't need to know anything about any kickers until they start missing kicks. Do your job kicker.

Surprised as well that more wasn't being said. Obviously the thought behind it is about the future, not this particular year unless our current kicker gets injured.

K, we had the best kicker in the conference last year and we are bringing in a freshman who can kick it out of the end zone.
Sorry but what are you basing that on? We haven't had anyone able to kick it in the end zone for the last few years, and have routinely had long kickoff returns against us. If he can kick it in the end zone, that's about 3-6 points a game in our favor.

Sorry but what are you basing that on? We haven't had anyone able to kick it in the end zone for the last few years, and have routinely had long kickoff returns against us. If he can kick it in the end zone, that's about 3-6 points a game in our favor.
I'm basing it on watching high school football and the kicker we are bringing in.

Sorry but here's your quote-- you state we had the best kicker in the conference last year. Who was that? We could hardly get the ball kicked inside the 10 yard line. I'm all for bringing in anyone who can make us better.

So why are they bringing multiple kickers in for tryouts?
They've been treating that P/K position like I treat the ATH position on Playstation. They're like "I don't know what we're gonna do with em, 90% of em won't make the team, but I want em!"

Seems like they're going to take a scholarship guy or two and then throw a lot of spaghetti at the wall in terms of walk-ons.

So the reason they are holding off on taking this guys walk on commitment is because......you guessed it. Too many walk ons already. There are too many football players on the roster with regards to title IX. More roster management issues, at least it is 165 and 166 on the roster

• Haha
Reactions: CameronKrazie86
So the reason they are holding off on taking this guys walk on commitment is because......you guessed it. Too many walk ons already. There are too many football players on the roster with regards to title IX. More roster management issues, at least it is 165 and 166 on the roster
What a circus show.

You have no source for that. As far as I know he will be at Nebraska. It just might be up in the air right now because he deleted his tweet.

You have no source for that. As far as I know he will be at Nebraska. It just might be up in the air right now because he deleted his tweet.
You want a link? ha ha ha It is just what I am being told by my people at Nebraska. They are waiting to take his commitment until they get the rosters for all sports lined out. June is typically the time where they renew scholarships, and confirm how many athletes each sport will have for the next school year.

But right now, it appears to be an issue with the number of football players on the roster. If you remember back to when Frost was hired, he talked to Moos about increasing the number of players on the team. Moos told him then that we didn't have room for the 150 he wanted at that time, due to Title IX. Over the last couple of years, Frost was able to add to the walk on roster because the female sports had increased participation. Those numbers, however, are fluid and when they change, the number of football players allowed also changes.

How is that for a source?

Reactions: huskerfan66
You want a link? ha ha ha It is just what I am being told by my people at Nebraska. They are waiting to take his commitment until they get the rosters for all sports lined out. June is typically the time where they renew scholarships, and confirm how many athletes each sport will have for the next school year.

But right now, it appears to be an issue with the number of football players on the roster. If you remember back to when Frost was hired, he talked to Moos about increasing the number of players on the team. Moos told him then that we didn't have room for the 150 he wanted at that time, due to Title IX. Over the last couple of years, Frost was able to add to the walk on roster because the female sports had increased participation. Those numbers, however, are fluid and when they change, the number of football players allowed also changes.

Not disputing anything you're saying but I don't really understand the reason for Title IX restrictions for non-scholarship walk-on athletes. Seems to me that joining an athletic program if you're enrolled as a student should only depend on whether you have the athletic ability to "cut the mustard" when you're paying your own way and not being provided a scholarship.

Otherwise to me it's like saying you can't enroll for a math class at college until enough of the other gender also is enrolled in the math class. But why not, if you have the aptitude?

Reactions: WHCSC
Not disputing anything you're saying but I don't really understand the reason for Title IX restrictions for non-scholarship walk-on athletes. Seems to me that joining an athletic program if you're enrolled as a student should only depend on whether you have the athletic ability to "cut the mustard" when you're paying your own way and not being provided a scholarship.

Otherwise to me it's like saying you can't enroll for a math class at college until enough of the other gender also is enrolled in the math class. But why not, if you have the aptitude?
I can’t tell you the why it is the case. I just know that is the case. A guy I used to work with is a softball coach at an P5 school. His A.D. told him he had to roster 27 softball players because the football coach wanted more players. He only wanted to roster 20, obviously the AD won.

Last edited:

Title IX and the timing of when walk ons are added is the problem. I think we're going to see with the number of players who came back for the COVID extra year that they're going to have to limit the number of walk ons until the numbers balance. That could change over the summer.

Or the fact that Corona Virus added a year to everybody’s eligibility has skewed the numbers out of proportion. I’m guessing nobody in the Big 10 has a clue how they are supposed to manage the rosters. Warren will wait until 2025 to make a decision.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT