ADVERTISEMENT

*** Note on Rivals100 OT Willie Allen ***

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
377400.jpg

I spoke very briefly this afternoon with River Ridge (La.) John Curtis offensive tackle Willie Allen and it wasn't enough for a full update so I'm posting it as a note. He said though he lost touch with Nebraska in the coaching transition, the new staff has reconnected with him and he hopes to take a trip to Lincoln by the summer at the latest.

"I just got in contact with them about a month and a half ago. I mean, I didn't even know that Nebraska got a whole new coaching staff. No one told me that. I just thought that Nebraska wasn't interested in me anymore so I kind of fell back, but then they contacted me and tried to hop back on.

"I had become really good friends with Coach (John) Garrison, we had a really good relationship. Now I've been talking with Coach Keith Williams."

In addition to Nebraska, Allen listed the schools he's primarily considering now.

"Ole Miss, LSU, Miami, Alabama, UCLA and Tulane. I have visited Ole Miss, LSU, Tulane. I'm going to Alabama this summer and to Georgia and UCLA and a whole bunch of schools."

Nebraska is a school that Allen said he'll definitely be visiting sometime this spring or summer.

"I'm planning on taking a trip up there, but I don't have a specific date. I'll let you know when I'm going up to Nebraska soon."

As far as his final decision on a college destination, Allen said he will primarily be considering three specific traits.

"Faith, family and football. I just don't want to be a body on campus. I want to do good there. Somewhere that will look out for me in life after football. Somewhere I can go and compete and become a better man."

We'll stay in touch with Allen to see when his NU visit gets locked in.

This post was edited on 3/30 11:26 PM by Nate Clouse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News