ADVERTISEMENT

Not sure if this has been discussed. What does Vegas do??

What about bets with your bookie?
When you bet online there is generally a Rule/FAQ section and under that section you’ll tend to see rule about what must happen in order for a game/bet to be official.

If a game is cancelled, normally, that means all bets are off. With baseball, games must go 5 1/2 innings. Football I believe 3 QTRs, basketball is 30 minutes.

I once had a 5 team parlay voided that would have been my biggest payday of all time. My first 4 teams hit and the 5th team was favored -6. They were up 49-0 in the middle of the 3rd Q when lightning came. The opponent decided to forfeit the game vs wait around until the rain cleared. Made sense on their end but my parlay was voided because all games were not completed as reported by the websites requirements

When you bet online there is generally a Rule/FAQ section and under that section you’ll tend to see rule about what must happen in order for a game/bet to be official.

If a game is cancelled, normally, that means all bets are off. With baseball, games must go 5 1/2 innings. Football I believe 3 QTRs, basketball is 30 minutes.

I once had a 5 team parlay voided that would have been my biggest payday of all time. My first 4 teams hit and the 5th team was favored -6. They were up 49-0 in the middle of the 3rd Q when lightning came. The opponent decided to forfeit the game vs wait around until the rain cleared. Made sense on their end but my parlay was voided because all games were not completed as reported by the websites requirements
tenor.gif

Reactions: spinner4
Vegas will have to fill the gap with prop bets related to the spread of COVID-19. Or maybe that's too morbid, I don't know anymore.

Pretty sure that refunds will be available. If a game doesn't go off, there are generally full refunds. Vegas is going to be absolutely rocked by the lack of sporting events.
They will be rocked by more than just the lack of sporting events. How many people are going to be traveling to Vegas for hotel stays, restaurant meals, gambling, shows and conventions?

My bookie doesn't have an FAQ section. Just a little black book and a limp.

No March Madness will really cut into the bottom line of Sports Books. It is a huge event for them. The inevitable reduction in visitors will also hurt. A lot of people descend on Vegas for the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

Vegas will survive, but this is gonna leave a mark.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

That sucks. You’d think it would go to a four teamer.

I had a trip planned for the week between the first weekend and the sweet sixteen. Already booked everything and paid for a while ago. I looked too see what the impact was like on Vegas and it looks like they're shutting down some events and various other places. Looks like I'll have to cancel

ADVERTISEMENT