ADVERTISEMENT

Not Looking to Call Players Out...

HuskerFan31

Administrator
Sep 10, 2006
But something has to be done to get the lineup going...

In league play Cam Chick leads the team in several offensive categories .339/2 HR/12 RBI (plus he's a switch hitter) and yet he is only good for a pinch hit spot in the 9th?

Palensky is the best hitter on the team, maybe flip some guys around so he actually bats with guys on base every once in a while?

Acker has been a solid bat, but it would be nice to have a guy in the 3 hole that can help produce runs.

Take Gomes/Hallmark/Altavilla out of the lineup completely? Nobody with an aluminum bat should be flirting with the Mendoza line.

At this point I think I would rather get some ABs for the young guys (Peterson, Addante, Gilin, Sorenson) to see if they are worth bringing back next season. You can claim 7 is the captain all you want, but you have to be able to lead by example.

Just kind of spinning my wheels here, but I feel like Erstad is pushing the limits of the definition of insanity.

I guess putting Roseberry and Watson in the lineup today was a strange attempt at trying to kick-start something? I don't think Erstad has much of an idea what he's doing, of course.

I guess putting Roseberry and Watson in the lineup today was a strange attempt at trying to kick-start something? I don't think Erstad has much of an idea what he's doing, of course.

Watson has more ABs than Blake Peterson, Mike Addante, Drew Gillin, and Kennet Sorenson combined and is hitting .175.

I'm fine with Roseberry getting the nod, especially against a lefty, but in the cleanup spot?

Reactions: HuskersNC
I agree with a lot of what you said, I can’t even be upset with the players anymore. I’ve just got to finally admit that I am not and probably never will be an Erstad guy. I probably felt Erstad was not the answer earlier than most. Always hoping he’d prove me wrong. Asking myself if I was just being too critical all the time. Convincing myself to give him more time. Unfortunately every season feels the same. The psyche of the team is always the same. Roster management and in game pitching decisions always the same. The post season success since Bolt left has always been the same.

The time he put Freshman Ben Miller on the mound to make his first ever start on a Friday night and allowed him to get shelled for 8 runs before they took him out was the day I knew Erstad was not made to coach college baseball. Everyday since then has been pretty much the same.

With that said, I don’t even get upset anymore. I’ve mentally moved on from him. Gave up my season tickets. Stopped all donations. In a sense I’m pretty apathetic and I hate that feeling. I don’t even enjoy updating the scores. I just do it to help out for those who rely on them.

I still love Husker Baseball and listen/watch most games but I no longer expect good results or common sense roster management. I no longer put the effort into the “why’s” as much as I used to. I don’t even get excited in the middle of the season when we go on our hot streak for a brief couple weeks.

I don’t know, I must be a bad fan. haha it doesn’t help when football and basketball are making big boy decisions and my favorite sport is stuck in purgatory.

I know a lot of this has nothing to do with your OP but for some reason felt it was a good time to share it.

Regardless, GBR until I die.

I feel much the same way. I have never been as invested in the program financially as others, but I've been an avid follower of the team since the early 2000s, listening to or watching the vast majority of games. But I admit I don't feel as emotionally invested as I used to be. I remember back in the early to mid 2000s when I used to look forward to weekends in the spring, especially Sunday afternoons listening to Husker baseball. I'd get the same nerves and butterflies in my stomach like I do for Husker football. I felt big wins and crushing losses like I did for Husker football too. I would not do anything else-I'd just lie down and relax and listen to Husker baseball.

The later Mike Anderson years did a lot to take that out of me, and it's really not gotten much better with Erstad. You get so used to losing, and losing against teams you shouldn't lose to that it's hard to really stay that emotionally invested. I'd say right now I feel like I did about 2009 when things started really to go bad for Anderson-feeling like they weren't going to get better anytime soon, but also knowing that there wasn't going to be a coaching change. Absent the team showing some life at the plate, I'm not even sure whether I want to bother listening to the games the rest of the season. it's no fun listening to a team that is just completely lost and a coaching staff that seems to have no answer. I can't stay away from it completely-if I'm not listening, I still follow live stats to keep up with what's going on, but listening to it and being told over and over again how frustrated the players are gets real old after awhile. I'd just like to get back to those days where Sunday afternoons in the spring were fun and something to look forward to. We've seen plenty to know it's not going to happen with this coaching staff.

I have to be honest. I didn't even bother much watching or even paying attention to the score yesterday. I watched my son's double header and usually I'd be glued to my phone between innings, but I didn't care.

Anderson started my decline but Erstad's not helping it at all.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT