ADVERTISEMENT

Not even Joe Burrow threw for over 500 yards in Baton Rouge???

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
Am I reading this right? The 623 yards passing given up by Bo Pelini's LSU defense today was the first time any player -- home or away -- had ever thrown for over 500 yards in a game??? Five TDs passing. What was LSU thinking?

SEC record. Eric Zeier held the former record for us old people that remember him.

Reactions: headcard
Am I reading this right? The 623 yards passing given up by Bo Pelini's LSU defense today was the first time any player -- home or away -- had ever thrown for over 500 yards in a game??? Five TDs passing. What was LSU thinking?
Is it too early for "I told you so". I'm sure he snapped at the LSU media after the game "I haven't forgotten how to stop the pass". Loser.

Interesting on many levels

He was probably one repeat performance from getting fired at YSU after finishing 7th, 8th, and 8th in the MVFC over the last 3 seasons.

He was 2-6 in conference last season, highlighted by the mighty South Dakota Coyotes hanging 56 points on the defensive mastermind near the end of the season, the most points USD scored all year.

Don't know if any of the fans here were sad to see him leave. Tressel supports the program, and the facilities are very good for the MVFC.

I bet the paint was blistering off the locker room wall after that one. Imagine Bo's post game speech to the players. Eek

I bet the paint was blistering off the locker room wall after that one. Imagine Bo's post game speech to the players. Eek

Alot of fingers and short on thumbs. He probably infected the whole defense with his spit. Wear a shield.

Reactions: headcard
Pelini's defense held MSU to 9 net yards rushing. So he hasn't forgotten how to stop the run.

Yeah, just let the QB throw for 500 yards. Forget Trump, Bo is the master of 4-D chess.

Edit: Does anyone else remember Charlie McBride's theory on how to stop offenses? Is Bo Bizzaro Charlie?

Interesting on many levels

Bo showed his true colors and lack of class when he called out HOF Coach Bill Snyder for running up the score on his defense. Maybe his defense shouldn't have rolled over on him. He deserved to get fired in Lincoln and his performance at Youngstown shows what type of head coach he is. Hire him back? Nebraska is better than that.

Bo did great if you were just as stubborn and dogmatic as he was about running a pro-style passing offense. If you had any ability to run the ball, make offensive adjustments, or use motion to create an overload he was in trouble.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Bo showed his true colors and lack of class when he called out HOF Coach Bill Snyder for running up the score on his defense. Maybe his defense shouldn't have rolled over on him. He deserved to get fired in Lincoln and his performance at Youngstown shows what type of head coach he is. Hire him back? Nebraska is better than that.
That's not totally fair. Bo was pissed because it was senior day and a lot of those kids had never seen the field. It was equally classless of Snyder to keep his starters in and sticking it to the kids that had worked hard for 4 years when the game was already decided.

That's not totally fair. Bo was pissed because it was senior day and a lot of those kids had never seen the field. It was equally classless of Snyder to keep his starters in and sticking it to the kids that had worked hard for 4 years when the game was already decided.
Bo's defense quit on him. So you think Snyder was supposed to be worried about hurting the feelings of the Nebraska seniors who were subbed in? If they weren't good enough to see the field they shouldn't have been on the field. Did Bo give them a participation medal after the game?

Bo's defense quit on him. So you think Snyder was supposed to be worried about hurting the feelings of the Nebraska seniors who were subbed in? If they weren't good enough to see the field they shouldn't have been on the field. Did Bo give them a participation medal after the game?
Snyder should have acted like he had been there before. Of course,he hadn't so its understandable that he would make a classless move.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Somewhere I know I saw someone bring up Bo’s lack of halftime adjustments...

Leach said after the game he was surprised LSU never changed its man to man coverage looks and the Bulldogs took advantage.”

Miss St QB

I'm excited about the potential that this offense has because, believe it or not, we did leave a lot on the field today."
(translation: it was actually an easy day)

“Orgeron said this week that he leaves defensive play calls up to Pelini and believes the Tigers should've "made a couple more adjustments" during the game.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT