ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

In the interest of keeping an open mind and the ongoing effort to be a life-long learner I googled NU sports and NU athletics

the first thing that came up was Northwestern Univ followed by Northeastern Univ - Niagara U and Northwest University — weird

You just outed yourself. Google will pop up what your history tells it. I googled NU and Nebraska popped up. Better think before you type.

Brutal loss from the Cats. Three GREAT opportunities in the third quarter to take a 2 score lead and they couldn’t get it done. If they had gotten up two scores I think the defense would have held on.

I find the loss incredibly depressing. What a massive blown opportunity to win a big ten championship. Who knows if they ever get close than that in my lifetime.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Brutal loss from the Cats. Three GREAT opportunities in the third quarter to take a 2 score lead and they couldn’t get it done. If they had gotten up two scores I think the defense would have held on.

I find the loss incredibly depressing. What a massive blown opportunity to win a big ten championship. Who knows if they ever get close than that in my lifetime.

Great opportunity especially with a depleted Ohio State team.

Incredible game from Sermon and OSU's OL. Also very impressed with OSU's TE blocking. Thought they manhandled us in the first game and they looked good again today.
I always thought Sermon was a really good back even at Oklahoma. I don't know why the coaches at OU and OSU thought he should get passed over. He's a premier back.

Reactions: WHCSC
No he hasn't.
Lol. So you are with him every moment to know that he hasn’t said this? You sleep with him? Shower with him? Bathroom with him?

I have no clue what he’s said or not said, but you do sound a little silly with this post.

While I 100% believe he has talked to people about NFL gigs, this still might not be the right time. This is just a guess because I have zero idea about his life/family, but if he has a family (sucks for him) and the kids are not out of HS yet, why bother taking an NFL gig at the moment? Chicago media is super annoying about the bears, Chicago media has treated NW with kids gloves for the last 20 years.

He has no pressure at all, no stress, no worries at all. He could literally win 15 games over the next 5 seasons and would still not be on a hot seat.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Did we decide if Fitz is making any announcement after this game that he will not be the HC at NW next year?

Did we decide if Fitz is making any announcement after this game that he will not be the HC at NW next year?
Bears have made a big recovery as of late, actually could make playoffs so doubt Nagie sp? is going to be fired and doubt Fitz would look beyond da Bears.

Reactions: headcard
I .am wondering if the players entering the portal have grade issues?
I just don't see Fitz leaving and can't think of another reason these players would leave.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Why wouldn’t we want a B1G team to beat a SEC team unless it happens to be ioway...
NW is the only b1g team I have an iota of respect for, and it's all because of Fitz

auburn lost this exact same game to mn last year. kind of surprised it's as close as it is with an interim coach and nothing to play for.

also, bo nix has a lot of adrian martinez similarities. set the world on fire as a freshman and hasn't seemed to do much since.

NW is the only b1g team I have an iota of respect for, and it's all because of Fitz

auburn lost this exact same game to mn last year. kind of surprised it's as close as it is with an interim coach and nothing to play for.

also, bo nix has a lot of adrian martinez similarities. set the world on fire as a freshman and hasn't seemed to do much since.

Minnesota team last year is much better than Fritz NW team this year..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think they are a good team this year. Much better than our team. I like watching disciplined football. I miss that.
They aren’t much better, we watched our head to head game with them. But they don’t beat themselves and they play physical.

Last edited:
Minnesota team last year is much better than Fritz NW team this year..
Minnesota’s team last year was way more talented than this NW team. But Fitz is a much better coach and isn’t a giant douche nozzle. I’m pulling for NW.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Both Fritz and Fleck are good coaches.. Have to look over the hate to rah rah boy..

Disagree about Fleck. He is a very average coach that has convinced people he is good, through his tireless self promotion. He inherited a winning program and has won less than Kill/Claeys did. He will tell anyone that listens that he is wonderful. But he is simply a self promoting clown. But they were good last year with the NFL receivers and DB’s he inherited. I know he has fan boys, even on this board, but I am not buying what this guy is selling. I think he will be a .500 type coach at Minnesota, like he has been 3 of his 4 years in Minnesota. Remember they had won 8+ games 3 of the 4 years before he got there.

Last edited:
They aren’t much better, we watched our head to head game with them. But they don’t beat themselves and they play physical.

Yes. This is all on Frost. Winners find a way to win. If special teams suck, then it's either the players or (more likely) the staff.

Disagree about Fleck. He is a very average coach that has convinced people he is good, through his tireless self promotion. He inherited a winning program and has won less than Kill/Claeys did.

???????????????????????????

Kill/Claeys winning percentage - 52% -- never finished the season ranked
Fleck winning percentage - 58% -- top 10 finish in 2019

???????????????????????????

Kill/Claeys winning percentage - 52% -- never finished the season ranked
Fleck winning percentage - 58% -- top 10 finish in 2019

Minnesota had won 8+ games 3 of the 4 seasons before Fleck got there. 31-21 (.596) overall. Fleck took over a successful program, with a winning culture. He has been 26-19 (.578) in his 4 years.

Interesting you run to the aide of PJ Fleck so quickly, almost on cue. What team was it you support again?

Minnesota had won 8+ games 3 of the 4 seasons before Fleck got there. 31-21 (.596) overall. Fleck took over a successful program, with a winning culture. He has been 26-19 (.578) in his 4 years.

Interesting you run to the aide of PJ Fleck so quickly, almost on cue. What team was it you support again?

yes if you only count some years - but not others - then you can falsely claim that Kill/Claeys won more than Fleck

I will gladly take a .578 win percentage + a top 10 finish vs a .596 winning percentage and never finished ranked

yes if you only count some years - but not others - then you can falsely claim that Kill/Claeys won more than Fleck

I will gladly take a .578 win percentage + a top 10 finish vs a .596 winning percentage and never finished ranked

LOL. I course you would find a creative way to jerk little PJ off. The truth is, those guys built the program up from scratch. PJ just pats himself on the back and takes the credit.

LOL. I course you would find a creative way to jerk little PJ off. The truth is, those guys built the program up from scratch. PJ just pats himself on the back and takes the credit.

Kill/Claeys were 0-2 against Neb coaching legend Mike Riley -- Fleck was 1-0

Suure, I thought the Big 10 sucked? How are they winning against the mighty SEC?

ADVERTISEMENT