ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

tenor.gif

Nov 4th it all goes away.

Yep. The other 96% of the world's population decided to shut everything down and wreck their economies just to spite Trump and right- wing Americans. Makes sense.

Especially amazing that everyone has kept such a complex, worldwide conspiracy so quiet. Not one whistleblower among billions of people. Incredible.

Yep. The other 96% of the world's population decided to shut everything down and wreck their economies just to spite Trump and right- wing Americans. Makes sense.

Especially amazing that everyone has kept such a complex, worldwide conspiracy so quiet. Not one whistleblower among billions of people. Incredible.

the opposition is crafty ... they knew they had to start it in China then go to Italy and the rest of Europe before unleashing it here ... but it didn't work .... true patriots have uncovered the truth

this is a conspiracy that stretches all the way from the majestic sequoias of Yo Semite National Park across the Pacific to the shores of Thighland

the opposition is crafty ... they knew they had to start it in China then go to Italy and the rest of Europe before unleashing it here ... but it didn't work .... true patriots have uncovered the truth

this is a conspiracy that stretches all the way from the majestic sequoias of Yo Semite National Park across the Pacific to the shores of Thighland

I want to go to Thighland. Winking

Obviously the tests are not 100% accurate. It's been known for some time now that the tests have limitations with a certain percentage of false readings.

Last edited:
I

post of the year!

this thread is Kind of like “I knew a guy once that survived being thrown from his vehicle so seatbelts are dumb”

i think the Yo Semite was Trump giving a shout out to his anti Semitic white supremacist buddies...

The UN is now predicting 130 million people will be on the "brink of starvation" by the end of 2020 as a result of the virus lock downs and the resulting economic ramifications. The World Food Program calls the looming situation the "worst humanitarian crisis since WWII". I heard someone say the cure would be worse than the disease, I just can't recall who.

By the way, Thailand is 100% reopened with no restrictions. 20% of Bangkok’s residents are from China.

The irony of your post is that it’s about as valid as the claims from lefties that state Trump and his administration are to solely to blame for the way it’s played out. Shouldn’t give them that much credit. We’re all pawns.

There is nothing we can do to stop things like this other than live through it and endure. Yet here we are. Trying to pretend we can fix it. Cancel football, school, upending people’s lives. Shutdown gyms, and bars... Mankind likes to think we have all the answers...arrogance. Point fingers and place blame. What a bunch of bullshit.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the election. Of course, it depends on who gets elected. Not insinuating there’s a conspiracy but politics clouds reality.
you think if biden gets elected people will all of a sudden stop testing positive? maybe i'm missing something but i think the doctors have had a lot of pull on how we have responded to this virus. They are the ones preaching preventative measures and caution. The democrats are just parroting what the doctors say they are not inventing the measures themselves. so i m not sure why we are pointing fingers at political parties and not at the source of the recommended measures. The medical community. The dems didn't invent lockdown. the medical community did. by and large almost every doctor i have talked with over 30 years for 8 hours a day 365 days a year has leaned heavily towards republican agenda. why would republicans want to do something to get rid of republican leadership?

Nov 4th it all goes away.

I have a friend who is a pediatric oncologist. He is also active in all sorts of state-wide and nationwide medical organizations and groups, including chairing a bunch of of those groups. Basically, he is involved in a great deal of planning that is going on now for what the medical profession believes is coming with covid, particularly with all the schools opening around the country. Oh, I should also note that he is extremely conservative.

He described the preparation as preparing for "war". He likened what is likely coming to the nationwide mass casualty event that would occur in a war on American soil. According to him, virtually no one outside the medical profession has the slightest idea what is likely coming and that medical professionals looking at the big picture are literally panicked. Some professionals that he respects are suggesting 1 million dead by the end of the year. He says that he thinks that is unlikely and even alarmist, but if it happens he would not be shocked.

So, people who aren't Google doctors and who are planning on a statewide and nationwide level are not expecting this to disappear on November 4th.

The irony of your post is that it’s about as valid as the claims from lefties that state Trump and his administration are to solely to blame for the way it’s played out. Shouldn’t give them that much credit. We’re all pawns.

There is nothing we can do to stop things like this other than live through it and endure. Yet here we are. Trying to pretend we can fix it. Cancel football, school, upending people’s lives. Shutdown gyms, and bars... Mankind likes to think we have all the answers...arrogance. Point fingers and place blame. What a bunch of bullshit.
Well.....other countries seemed to largely have a handle on this virus. Others seem to have never really had a problem.

Taiwan: Population of 24 million. 449 cases. 7 deaths (1.5% fatality rate; 0.00002% of their population dead).
Instituted mandatory 14-day quarantine for people, including their own citizens, coming into the country. Mandatory masks in public--no exceptions. Fines and social media scorn for those that are caught or photographed not wearing masks in public. NATIONAL response based on policy created in 2003 following the Bird Flu outbreak. Response led by infectious disease experts and epidemiologists, not politicians.

United States: Population of 329.8 million. 4.9 million cases. 162,000 deaths (3.24% fatality rate; 0.048% of our population dead).
Travel ban from China...except for thousands of exceptions. Travel ban from most of Europe...well after 3 million arrivals from Europe had passed through US airports since the outbreak began. No quarantine on people entering the US from overseas. No national response; instead a patchwork of policies crafted by politicians with political implications being the first and foremost consideration...some flat out content to ignore guidance from science. Citizenry full of nut job conspiracy theorists that think they are so important that the government plans to track them with chips in a vaccine or 5G antennas stored in masks (while they still use cell phones, credit cards, and social media). Supporters of maskless protesters blaming largely masked protesters for the spread, and visa versa. Resistance to masks and other measures solely based on the philosophy of "cuz of muh freedum", or the less redneck sounding "it's all about me."

I don't know...seems to me that there's plenty we could have done, and still could now, do differently.

Last edited:
Well.....other countries seemed to largely have a handle on this virus. Others seem to have never really had a problem.

Taiwan: Population of 24 million. 449 cases. 7 deaths (1.5% fatality rate; 0.00002% of their population dead).
Instituted mandatory 14-day quarantine for people, including their own citizens, coming into the country. Mandatory masks in public--no exceptions. Fines and social media scorn for those that are caught or photographed not wearing masks in public. NATIONAL response based on policy created in 2003 following the Bird Flu outbreak. Response led by infectious disease experts and epidemiologists, not politicians.

United States: Population of 329.8 million. 4.9 million cases. 162,000 deaths (3.24% fatality rate; 0.048% of our population dead).
Travel ban from China...except for thousands of exceptions. Travel ban from most of Europe...well after 3 million arrivals from Europe had passed through US airports since the outbreak began. No quarantine on people entering the US from overseas. No national response; instead a patchwork of policies crafted by politicians with political implications being the first and foremost consideration...some flat out content to ignore guidance from science. Citizenry full of nut job conspiracy theorists that think they are so important that the government plans to track them with chips in a vaccine or 5G antennas stored in masks (while they still use cell phones, credit cards, and social media). Supporters of maskless protesters blaming largely masked protesters for the spread, and visa versa. Resistance to masks and other measures solely based on the philosophy of "cuz of muh freedum", or the less redneck sounding "it's all about me."

I don't know...seems to me that there's plenty we could have done, and still could now, do differently.
america has positives and negatives. like most everything else in life. What some say makes us great often also makes us vulnerable some of the time. We have totally exposed our vulnerability to our enemies. We look a lot like some of the countries we have pointed fingers at in the past just in different circumstances. Tribalism

If Biden wins, the media will absolutely start downplaying the pandemic and it won’t be the crisis it is now. If Trump wins, more of the same.
if biden wins you are going to be sorely disappointed in your prediction. the media is covering it because there hasn't been anything like it in our lifetimes. and there won't be anything else to cover then either. unless hopefully there is a vaccine to make headlines

if biden wins you are going to be sorely disappointed in your prediction. the media is covering it because there hasn't been anything like it in our lifetimes. and there won't be anything else to cover then either. unless hopefully there is a vaccine to make headlines
My sister-in-law thinks that Democrats are the ones controlling vaccine research, and that if Trump wins, there won't be a vaccine until he's out in 2025. But if Biden wins, there will be a vaccine by the end of the year.

Pretty bold prediction....since it has been stated for a long time that the end of the year will likely be the quickest it would be available.

Reactions: wkato
I have a friend who is a pediatric oncologist. He is also active in all sorts of state-wide and nationwide medical organizations and groups, including chairing a bunch of of those groups. Basically, he is involved in a great deal of planning that is going on now for what the medical profession believes is coming with covid, particularly with all the schools opening around the country. Oh, I should also note that he is extremely conservative.

He described the preparation as preparing for "war". He likened what is likely coming to the nationwide mass casualty event that would occur in a war on American soil. According to him, virtually no one outside the medical profession has the slightest idea what is likely coming and that medical professionals looking at the big picture are literally panicked. Some professionals that he respects are suggesting 1 million dead by the end of the year. He says that he thinks that is unlikely and even alarmist, but if it happens he would not be shocked.

So, people who aren't Google doctors and who are planning on a statewide and nationwide level are not expecting this to disappear on November 4th.

And yet zero students died in Sweden

We will see, but I stand by my prediction.

Reactions: WHCSC
"Everything you read on the internet is true."- Thomas Jefferson, in a speech to a joint session of Congress, 1803.

Maybe 3 articles from mainstream news organizations are enough for you. Covid may be a legit virus but the political response is the biggest scam in the history of the world.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/26/cdc-coronavirus-antibody-tests-could-be-wrong-50-of-the-time/
https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/a...9-may-be-wrong-up-to-50-of-the-time-cdc-says/
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/health/antibody-tests-cdc-coronavirus-wrong/index.html

Reactions: skintight
"Everything you read on the internet is true."- Thomas Jefferson, in a speech to a joint session of Congress, 1803.
I've been reading a Meriwether Lewis book recently. Early in the book, it talks about how Jefferson hated giving the State of the Union address. Washington and Adams both gave it in person previously. Jefferson sent Lewis to Congress to deliver the SOTU address on his behalf before sending Lewis off.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT