ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern to get a new FCS football stadium

Probably no school benefits more from being in the B1G. No way they could afford anything they've done with football facilities without the B1G media shares. Every school of course has benefited but nobody more than Northwestern.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Probably no school benefits more from being in the B1G. No way they could afford anything they've done with football facilities without the B1G media shares. Every school of course has benefited but nobody more than Northwestern.
I think this is privately funded...they have some rich alums

What did they do get the idea from going to Dublin?

Smaller stadium means less for visting fans to attend..

Weird how America always finds so much money for their football....thingy's.

Huge buyout for a coach? No prob.
New multi zillion dollar stadium? Aìight.
Biggest scoreboard in conference? Yes!
Etc
Etc

.....but lower the cost of tuition so more peoole can go to college or not be saddled with a $650 monthly payment for the next 20 years? Sorry, not in the budget.

Frankly, I'm jealous they can make that happen. Modern stadiums are night and day different from a fan experience standpoint.

Weird how America always finds so much money for their football....thingy's.

Huge buyout for a coach? No prob.
New multi zillion dollar stadium? Aìight.
Biggest scoreboard in conference? Yes!
Etc
Etc

.....but lower the cost of tuition so more peoole can go to college or not be saddled with a $650 monthly payment for the next 20 years? Sorry, not in the budget.

Colorado State built a new stadium a few years ago and the president went on record saying "the new facility will help build a winning football team while advancing one of the school's highest priorities: attracting more out-of-state students"

Not only do they not want to lower tuition, they prefer to squeeze out in-state students for high-paying out of state students just like CU does. Ironically, CSU has been one of worst FBS programs in the country since their new stadium opened.

Reactions: Bugeater
I’m thinking the Northwestern brass is onto something. Nebraska can do the same to keep the sell-out streak going.

ADVERTISEMENT