ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern pod = NW covid pause, Mich/Illini will play 4

Hskrbsbl2020

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 1, 2019
NW has a 1 week pause, scheduled to play Nebraska in 2 weeks. Gonna be interesting as our next series, which is a pod with Rutgers & Indiana is Saturday(1)-Sunday(2)-Monday(1) for us and we follow that up with a Fri-Sun series. That's one day less rest for Povich & (assuming) Hroch, as well as our bullpen. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Frank with Johnny Wholestaff will be our game 4 starter in that pod. Unless Bunz is lightly used for an inning Saturday with a 50-pitch limit in game 4.

There shouldn't of been any Monday games in the month of May. Just another scheduling blunder by the B1G.

The Michigan/Illinois thing is Saturday, Sunday doubleheaders. Why no Friday?
As to our Monday game, there have been multiple examples of that in other pods this season. But why has there even been one? What's the rationale? No clue.

The Michigan/Illinois thing is Saturday, Sunday doubleheaders. Why no Friday?
As to our Monday game, there have been multiple examples of that in other pods this season. But why has there even been one? What's the rationale? No clue.
I would assume no Friday or Monday game is happening because of travel plans. I think it’s understandable with Northwestern pausing today.

Why Monday games at all? Who knows, but I’m sure there’s some COVID protocol behind it.

Last edited:
I would assume no Friday or Monday game is happening because of travel plans. I think it’s understandable with Northwestern pausing today.

Why Monday games at all? Who knows, but I’m sure there’s some COVID Protocal behind it.
Blessed will be the day when COVID protocols are behind us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT