ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern just signed a kid with no stars

62142a150a15f3a3a3978de0df1225d7.gif

Using this wisdom, why even bother recruiting highly rated kids?
My god man, I'm not crazy, you think that's what I meant. Just go out and get nothing but 0 stars, NO. They have a history of developing kids into stars. They just had 2 3* kids go First round in the NFL draft, Rashawn Slater and Greg Newsome II. The seem to find kids that have a knack of being coached up and they get the most out of their guys, its a nod to their development. If you can find a few diamonds in the rough to go along with the 4* kids and develop them along the way, that is why you get to Indy.

All NW does is get guys who should suck on paper and get them to just do their damn job all game and be a real pain in the ass of a team to beat.

What I love about Fitz is he's smart enough to stay where he's playing with house money. He can be the head football coach there probably about as long as he wants. He doesn't chase the dollar signs so some bigger job so he can get run out in disgrace 4 years later.

All NW does is get guys who should suck on paper and get them to just do their damn job all game and be a real pain in the ass of a team to beat.

What I love about Fitz is he's smart enough to stay where he's playing with house money. He can be the head football coach there probably about as long as he wants. He doesn't chase the dollar signs so some bigger job so he can get run out in disgrace 4 years later.
Iowa is among the very best at development. A former 3 star defensive tackle is now the top rated OL in the country. A walk on guard is now the 8th rated OL in the country. Neither one has size. Linderbom is 6-3 289 and Schott is 6-1 293. Many 5, 4, and 3 star OL didn't make the top 10 OL for the 2021 season. 😎❤️🏈

It really is a mismatch between Nebraska and the rest of the division. You pretty much need to be a very high 3 star or 4 star to even get a call from the Huskers. Wins are coming and they are coming in abundance.
What the heck are you even talking about? We can't "sign" anyone; signing day is in December.

If you're talking about our verbal from Octavian Smith, he's not rated yet by Rivals, but has offers from Vandy, Duke, Pitt, Maryland, and a number of other schools. Nobody with multiple P5 offers is really "no stars".

My god man, I'm not crazy, you think that's what I meant. Just go out and get nothing but 0 stars, NO. They have a history of developing kids into stars. They just had 2 3* kids go First round in the NFL draft, Rashawn Slater and Greg Newsome II. The seem to find kids that have a knack of being coached up and they get the most out of their guys, its a nod to their development. If you can find a few diamonds in the rough to go along with the 4* kids and develop them along the way, that is why you get to Indy.
My bad, you were mixing examples of no stars and coaching. The reality is stars do matter and so does player development/coaching, they are not mutually exclusive.

Everyone brings up Iowa and NW and I agree their development is heads and shoulders above ours right now. Are those the comparison programs for Nebraska and is that the winning formula going forward?

My bad, you were mixing examples of no stars and coaching. The reality is stars do matter and so does player development/coaching, they are not mutually exclusive.

Everyone brings up Iowa and NW and I agree their development is heads and shoulders above ours right now. Are those the comparison programs for Nebraska and is that the winning formula going forward?
To me they are the first stepping stone (Iowa and NW). Why not set your sights to get to that level first? Then improve upon that to get to Wiscy level, then ultimately tOSU and just be able to reload.

I feel we are getting to that first stone, may need to bring in some better Offensive assistants (QB Coach, maybe RB coach?) to get better development.

To me they are the first stepping stone (Iowa and NW). Why not set your sights to get to that level first? Then improve upon that to get to Wiscy level, then ultimately tOSU and just be able to reload.

I feel we are getting to that first stone, may need to bring in some better Offensive assistants (QB Coach, maybe RB coach?) to get better development.

Nebraska football is far superior to Wisconsin football. National Championships should be the expectations.

Nebraska football is far superior to Wisconsin football. National Championships should be the expectations.
This kind of take for a second post always reveals the troll. Always.

So help me understand… we should go from 4 straight losing seasons to expecting a national championship right away? Got it.

Reactions: TailDragger99
Services make evaluations, coaching staffs do even more thorough evaluations, and then they try to get 20-25 to sign a NLI. Coaches makes mistakes and sometimes kids don't pan out.
Some coaches are better at finding the diamonds in the rough. Others, because of program profile, don't worry about that much.
The NW kid will have some stars by his name at some point in the future. And when NU plays better team football, NW will cease to be a tossup game on the schedule.

This kind of take for a second post always reveals the troll. Always.

So help me understand… we should go from 4 straight losing seasons to expecting a national championship right away? Got it.
Why should expectations go down?

And all this talk about player development is loser chat. The stars are the most important thing. Look at Ron Zooks fighting Illini. Zook is a terrible coach compared to Lovie, but Zook could get the four stars.

It’s all about the stars.

This year, NU returns the D almost intact. Two highly regarded guys at OT and a veteran center. A QB with three years of experience. And it looks like this year NU won’t have to put together a depth chart for WR and RB.
There are no excuses this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT