ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern and Nebraska statistical breakdown

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
Points scored per game: Nebraska 21.5 (81st nationally) Northwestern 26.3 (68th). Northwestern is tied with Oklahoma.

Points allowed per game: Nebraska 19.8 (34th) Northwestern 24.7 (60th)

Redzone offense: Nebraska 104th nationally; Northwestern 95th nationally

Redzone defense: Northwestern 60th nationally; Nebraska 92nd nationally

So, neither team is any good on offense in the redzone. Northwestern plays better redzone defense.

Northwestern has the better special teams.

Northwestern has scored more points.

Could this game end in Nebraska trying to score a touchdown in the last seconds in the redzone and they can't convert to win? Or will it be the defense not able to get a redzone stop to win?

• Haha
Reactions: c_broadus and WHCSC
Points scored per game: Nebraska 21.5 (81st nationally) Northwestern 26.3 (68th). Northwestern is tied with Oklahoma.

So, neither team is any good on offense in the redzone. Northwestern plays better redzone defense.

Could this game end in Nebraska trying to score a touchdown in the last seconds in the redzone and they can't convert to win? Or will it be the defense not able to get a redzone stop to win?
Just reread this… you are predicting a loss. What a shock.

Reactions: egaRdeR
The score will be 0-0 with 6 seconds left. Nebraska will line up for a chip shot 28 yard field goal. It gets blocked and Northwestern returns it for the win. Not sure if we have any nuts left to kick but one more kick in the nuts should help.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
How about compare the statistics against the one like opponent rather than those opponents that have nothing in common?
Tuco, I'm afraid that just wouldn't fit the minnesota fan's narrative, so you'll have to do that yourself

also, I think @antirowboat blocked me for calling his minnesota fandom out early & often. what a shame & very soft if true!

Reactions: JOHNNY N

Where did you come up with these "Stats" they are ALL wrong

Points per game
Nebraska 27.6
Northwestern 25.75

Points allowed per game
Nebraska 17. 2
Northwestern 20

Northwestern has NOT scored more points, we have played 5 games scoring 138 points and Northwestern has played 4 games scored 103 points!!

Red zone offense
Nebraska ranked 93
Northwestern ranked 111

Red zone defense
Nebraska ranked 99
Northwestern ranked 72

Points per game
Nebraska 27.6
Northwestern 25.75

Points allowed per game
Nebraska 17. 2
Northwestern 20

Northwestern has NOT scored more points, we have played 5 games scoring 138 points and Northwestern has played 4 games scored 103 points!!

Red zone offense
Nebraska ranked 93
Northwestern ranked 111

Red zone defense
Nebraska ranked 99
Northwestern ranked 72

Points per game
Nebraska 27.6
Northwestern 25.75

Points allowed per game
Nebraska 17. 2
Northwestern 20

Red zone offense
Nebraska ranked 93
Northwestern ranked 111

Red zone defense
Nebraska ranked 99
Northwestern ranked 72
His stats do not include the Fordham game.

I predict Nebraska wins the battle of stats again. I have no idea who wins the game.
Sadly either team could win. Nebraska could whip the Nerds off the field with a 24 point win or lose by 10 points. You never know what the dumb penalties are going to be, what shitty mistakes are going to happen that could lead to Northwestern points or Nebraska not being able to score, etc.

The history of this game is a one drive game so I'm not deviating away from that until the results on the field show otherwise.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is a 13-10 type of game or a 27-24 type of game.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick.Shaw and WHCSC
Tuco, I'm afraid that just wouldn't fit the minnesota fan's narrative, so you'll have to do that yourself

also, I think @antirowboat blocked me for calling his minnesota fandom out early & often. what a shame & very soft if true!
Heard an interesting stat that PJ Fleck is 28-21 and the guy previous was that same record through the first 49 games. That's also factoring in his 11 win season, so maybe the dude isn't as elite as he thinks he is.

From ESPN's FPI unit efficiency rankings (Offense/Defense/Special Teams out of 130 teams):
Northwestern (106/59/39)
Nebraska (43/19/124)
We are significantly better on O and D, and significantly worse in ST.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

From ESPN's FPI unit efficiency rankings (Offense/Defense/Special Teams out of 130 teams):
Northwestern (106/59/39)
Nebraska (43/19/124)
We are significantly better on O and D, and significantly worse in ST.

But you already knew that, didn't you?
The only surprise there is that there are six teams worse than us on special teams.

The only surprise there is that there are six teams worse than us on special teams.
That is shocking! Perhaps those six teams are so good Offensively they didn’t need to use their Special Teams?

I know I’m grasping at straws but statistics be damned I can’t imagine those six teams having a worse ST than ours. Our ST have singlehandedly lost two games for sure this year. No telling how much damage they can do with 7 more games left to go smh!

ADVERTISEMENT