ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Illinois game

Honestly, it's the same discussion we always have before and after the game. Need to put together a full game, not 3 quarters of football.
Let’s see if 26 can really break a tackle and good he really is and let’s test out some different players to see who our best players really are and get them on the field regardless of their circumstance. The secondary got owned and let’s start doing some serious tackling drills at practice to see who really wants to be the missile on the field that frosty says he is looking for to start bros.

I've brought this a few times to the board and I'll do it again, at Alabama, when Coach Sabin feels the game just played didn't meet expectations, he runs 100+ play scrimmages, on THURSDAYS, two days before the next game.

Efficiency in practice makes a talented Bama team an absolute nightmare for those they play. When I hear that Frost and his staff take that kind of approach, I'll be impressed.

I've brought this a few times to the board and I'll do it again, at Alabama, when Coach Sabin feels the game just played didn't meet expectations, he runs 100+ play scrimmages, on THURSDAYS, two days before the next game.

Efficiency in practice makes a talented Bama team an absolute nightmare for those they play. When I hear that Frost and his staff take that kind of approach, I'll be impressed.
We're too thin. Can't afford to do that and get someone hurt.

We're too thin. Can't afford to do that and get someone hurt.
Oh, I don't know about that, from the looks of some of Nebraska's O and D linemen, I'd say they can afford to get a bit thinner! ;)

Seriously, Bama takes chances at injuries when they practice that way, and yet they do, and Nebraska needs to do the same. They don't have to go full game speed, but they need to implement more reps into their practices.

Nebraska will quickly take a 35-0 lead by the middle of the 2nd quarter. With that lead Frost and the offense will go into a complete shell and have a long string of quick three and outs which wears out our defense and NIU will score 35 unanswered points.
Game will be tied 38-38 going into double overtime. Nebraska blocks NIU’s FG attempt and on the following possession Washington takes a swing pass and breaks several tackles to score the game winning TD.

Nebraska will quickly take a 35-0 lead by the middle of the 2nd quarter. With that lead Frost and the offense will go into a complete shell and have a long string of quick three and outs which wears out our defense and NIU will score 35 unanswered points.
Game will be tied 38-38 going into double overtime. Nebraska blocks NIU’s FG attempt and on the following possession Washington takes a swing pass and breaks several tackles to score the game winning TD.

Well, a win is a win!

Reactions: vs540husker
Not confident in this game. I think the offense comes out flat and the defense keeps NIU at bay for the first half. With the game tight, the offense turns it over a few times and gives NIU field position and NIU wins 14-13.

Pete Carol did this on Tuesday’s at USC.

Reactions: F5Tornado
Need zero three and outs on offense. The feast or famine offense needs to find a way to get the ball down the field even for one first down a series.

Defense needs some rest at times. The defense is much better but the complete game for defense will be better when the offense can get them a breathe.

The Huskies lost to Utah 35-17, so now they hit the road again in Lincoln.

New coach and staff this year for NIU.

Cal grad transfer QB Ryan Bowers is athletic and had an explosive TD pass on Saturday at UT. He is new QB for new coach Thomas Hammock, a former NIU RB.

They lead Utah in back to back years, but lost both games.

At this point, who the hell knows how this game will go? All I know is it ain’t no gimme win. And every win we get this year is damn important.

We really need to establish the running game between the tackles. Do that and we win. But another dismal showing in that area would make this game another nail biter.

Glad it is at night.

NIU just played the 11th-ranked team in the country on that team's home field. Utah won 35-17 by outscoring NIU 14-0 in the second half. Utah put up just over 400 yards, while NIU had 302. Those are very similar to the stats Utah put up against BYU, which just defeated Tennessee in Knoxville.

NIU opened the season with a somewhat convincing victory of a strong FCS club, Illinois State.

We are Tennessee, more or less. Just sub out orange for red, and you get the picture: dedicated fans who swarm both home and road stadiums only to be jilted by a team that cares, but just doesn't know how to win.

To expect anything other than another nail-biter is a fool's errand.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT