ADVERTISEMENT

North Dakota Bisons get Mcdonalds at white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Dakota is the fighting Hawks ( Sioux)..o_O

North Dakota St is the Bison ;)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=4981683

For those who don’t want to read the whole article this is the pertinent part all the way at the end of the article. Obama gave Alabama nada, zilch, nothing to eat on their visit.

“The day cost Alabama at least $85,000 -- including $79,000 for the Delta charter round-trip flight from Tuscaloosa to Reagan National Airport, $1,700 for four charter buses in Washington and $3,300 for box lunches (including a few extra sandwiches; this was, after all, a football team) delivered by Chick-fil-A to the team after the visit.”

http://www.espn.com/college-football/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=4981683

For those who don’t want to read the whole article this is the pertinent part all the way at the end of the article. Obama gave Alabama nada, zilch, nothing to eat on their visit.

“The day cost Alabama at least $85,000 -- including $79,000 for the Delta charter round-trip flight from Tuscaloosa to Reagan National Airport, $1,700 for four charter buses in Washington and $3,300 for box lunches (including a few extra sandwiches; this was, after all, a football team) delivered by Chick-fil-A to the team after the visit.”
If i recall, Pres Trump paid for it out of his pocket

This could be an alternative "pertinent part" to the article, also:

"Obama has taken the traditional visits of champions and put them to work. As part of his United We Serve campaign, every team that comes to the White House engages in a service project. The Pittsburgh Steelers, for instance, joined with the president, wounded warriors and the USO to assemble care packages for military personnel serving in Iraq and Afghanistan."

JFC, this Board.

"Obama has taken the traditional visits of champions and put them to work. As part of his United We Serve campaign, every team that comes to the White House engages in a service project. The Pittsburgh Steelers, for instance, joined with the president, wounded warriors and the USO to assemble care packages for military personnel serving in Iraq and Afghanistan."

JFC, this Board.
I did not know that and that is pretty cool.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

JFC, this Board.

So how much did that cost him personally? How amazing he took the oppurtunity to get a photo op and get publicity off the hard work of others, and it was free labor I might add.

BIG
bigstock_Person_Puppet_Opening_Lock_By__3048949.jpg
Coming!

JFC, this Board.

He put them to work. Which is fine, but couldn't provide a meal ? Did they at least get Obama phones?

Respectful recognition plus service work > a fast food buffet
Also IBTL

It is a courtesy as a host. The government wastes money. I'm surprised a meal with the president wasn't paid for by the fed for national champions that visit the White House.

The whole thing is weird regardless of president. It's a cool honor but comparing who got what seems like an exercise in futility.

That said, fast food is an odd choice to me when hosting a gathering. But hey, if Trump paid for it, it's his money not mine so he can do what he wants. He's got plenty he can be rightfully criticized for but this seems harmless.

Time for my vacation.

**** this community. It was really nice, once. Now it's a pile of asshole trolls, providing nothing of value. To those of you that doesn't apply to, including the mods who will have to ban me, much respect.

No reason to be angry. It is ettiquite if you invite someone to work on your behalf or visit during meal times, that the host provides it.

I help my relatives with branding. I receive no pay, but they provide my lunch.

Relax...

Reactions: Husker Todd
Time for my vacation.

**** this community. It was really nice, once. Now it's a pile of asshole trolls, providing nothing of value. To those of you that doesn't apply to, including the mods who will have to ban me, much respect.

No need to leave. There are people on the board who can think for themselves. Nebraska is just kinda one of those states where most don’t.

JFC, this Board.

If there was one thing Barack Hussein was known for, was his love of the troops and the military ....

RollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaughRollingLaugh

Reactions: Husker Todd
No need to leave. There are people on the board who can think for themselves. Nebraska is just kinda one of those states where most don’t.

I would say it is the exact opposite of what you have just said. It is easy to go with populism, but it is difficult to be singular. Luckily, we are a flyover state

Reactions: OzzyLvr and HuskerO
Gosh, didnt see this coming. It was a visit and some food ffs. But of course, once again, its a frickin national tragedy. Well I dont know about you guys, but mah feefee's are super hurt and I must retreat into my safe space. Oh and CNN? LMFAO.

Reactions: red scowl
Time for my vacation.

Yikes.

Gosh, didnt see this coming. It was a visit and some food ffs. But of course, once again, its a frickin national tragedy. Well I dont know about you guys, but mah feefee's are super hurt and I must retreat into my safe space. Oh and CNN? LMFAO.

Men have alot of feelz now, I guess. Not alot of respect or ettiquite, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT