Nope... Not a Cult

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Congrats on the Grandchild! Wisdom from Bob, if being a parent is tough, grandkids are tougher. Guessing you will figure out what I mean. Take care!
Well she's 5 months old so right now she can do no wrong. Believe me my older kids have put me through the ringer with some of their antics over the years. Feeling like I've seen most everything. But thanks I stay on the lookout.

Have a good one.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
"Always" was a bit much i guess. "So often" would have made it a better, more accurate statement.
I think we can agree that both sides go that direction much too quickly. It's not necessary. Aside from from my ongoing and fun banter with the Bobster, I'm not sure I've dropped a nasty name on anyone since 2001. That's not to say I haven't politely inferred a lack of intelligence or common sense a time or two.

nordakotahusker

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
I think we can agree that both sides go that direction much too quickly. It's not necessary. Aside from from my ongoing and fun banter with the Bobster, I'm not sure I've dropped a nasty name on anyone since 2001. That's not to say I haven't politely inferred a lack of intelligence or common sense a time or two.

You're generally more civil than i am Indy, so my hats off to you there. I've too often sunk to the level of the name callers, which is obviously nothing to be proud of. You're spot on in noting that it isn't necessary.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I visited with two friends who taught medicine at UNMC. Both expressed scientific concern over the "vaccine". Their concern specifically involved the spike protein and the failure of this approach for years. I've heard many others who I do not know personally express the same concern. There is a lot we simply don't know about the risks. They both encouraged my wife and I to not get the "vaccine" for a couple of medical reasons. Why is it that so many in the medical community have not wanted to be "vaccinated" and it has to now be ordered? Is it that all of them refuse to "follow the science"?

I may be wrong in my concerns. I am willing to listen. But I do have these questions: If it truly is scientific, why the lockdown on national debate? Why the silencing of critics? Why are critics not responded to with thoughtful, informed dialogue and instead are called names and ad hominem attacks?

I taught at a university for 15 years and, in my experience, when people resort to those kinds of things, it's often a result of an uncertainty in their own position.

I believe the 'lockdown' on that kind of debate starts when people suggest it is a micro chip, a 5G antenna, makes your arm magnetic, and other claims that are so absurd that they don't deserve addressing. And if we do spend time addressing every single one of those that are just insane it won't get anywhere.

Many of those claims start on social media platforms, via very convincing fake accounts or those accounts that peddle misguided health information regularly. Since it is from the internet a lot of people take it serious and think "this must be true". Then they share it, rapidly. And there is that saying about how a lie travels around the world while the truth is still putting its shoes on.

Combine that with we are indeed learning as we go. As far as the mRNA and tech going in to this vaccine, it is my understanding that the technology is not new. The new part about it is that it has been tuned to address covid.