ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Official TUNNEL TALK

MotorBoater

Nebraska Legend
Aug 13, 2008
Non-Official Tunnel Talk (8.0)

What goes on in NOTT stays in NOTT. Or else......really I won't do anything, actually who really gives a crap. It's no big deal. Most of this you can find on google.

- Fall Camp has officially started, husker season is practically here and I'm so freaking excited to get this season underway I may have crapped myself from joy when I was scrolling through day 1 of fall camp pictures.

- On a serious, off-topic note, leaving your kids or pets in a parked vehicle in the scorching heat is one of the worst summer stories that we hear every year. I just can't understand these idiots! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I've never forgotten something, but usually it's my phone charger or my prescription sunglasses, not my 2-year old child.

- Last week as I was driving home on the interstate I nearly swerved off the side of the road almost causing a massive accident due to Jordan Stevenson when he was being interviewed on Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

The fact he was talking about taking Nebraska BACK to the glory days and returning the trash talk from Wisconsin made me giddy. I'm not bashing any previous players, but when I would hear things such as, "9-win seasons are fine," (paraphrasing) it's quite refreshing to here incoming players talk about winning BIG again.

Besides under the radar guys mixed with talented recruits Riley and Co are bringing in, I've noticed something else with a few recruits, they have SWAG. Tons of it, I know some farmers out in western Nebraska would rather have the "hush hush-yes
Sir, no sir" attitude, but I love the trash talk and SWAG-TAG talk that's going on...as long as they can back it up of course.

- Well respected poster, Chaz in SoCal has been rumored of tearing it up across the pond, as he is vacationing in London for awhile. While checking his weekly website, he is now doing his famous screen-by-screen breakdowns for Manchester United fans. He's a fantastic poster I must say.

- Big news circled the world, when an American dentist shot and killed a protective Lion in Africa and ran back to the USA to avoid prosecution. I say we ship him back immediately and go eye-for-an-eye, let a lion hunt him without his powerful "bow and arrow". I swear, who is this dentist by day, Robin Hood on weekends trying to be? What's wrong back in the good ol' days sitting in your backyard, drinking a 6er of Busch and shooting squirrels with a pellet gun lose its edge?

- Many husker posters want to know what's the easiest way to get your cigarette fix during husker games. Unfortunately I don't go to husker games after the incident in 1996, when I was 8 years old and was almost assaulted by an elderly woman wearing a wig for standing and shouting GBR. My best advice for Eichorst is to open a designated smoking section where the student section is, I figure since only half of them show up anyways while the other half are causing a ruckus on the Indian grounds, who cares right?

- The big debate going around husker nation is who is going to be #2 on offense as it still hasn't be settled yet. Rumor is Riley will either have a water balloon fight or row, sham, bow off to determine the winner of the heavily sought after #2 jersey. #NEAT

- Former husker offensive line legend, Ritchie Incognito was already named a starter on the Buffalo Bills offensive line. Rumor is he struck a deal with HC Rex Ryan's wife by letting her and Rex "bully" with his feet.

- Highly sought after recruit, Something Smothers recently visited Lincoln. To announce he was coming Todd McShane called him a "Gorilla" on Twitter and he had such a great time, almost immediately getting home he announced his commitment...to couch-burning West Virginia.

- Touchdown Terry Wilson, the Oregon...errrr I mean HUSKER "commit" from Oklahoma announced he is switching his OV to Nebraska to make room for Oregon, but according to early statements he's definitely committed to Oregon, errrr I mean Nebraska and bleeds neon green, DAMNIT I mean RED! RED I SAID! Like any solid verbal commit the said if he fell in love with Oregon on his visit of course he would commit to Husker legend Scott Frost. #HONOR

- Brett Favre continued his tradition for a second year in a row to provide critical expert training to Tommy Armstrong this summer for a whole 3 days! That hard work and dedication is what will take us to the top and when we are in the CFP I'm hoping to see Favre on the sidelines rocking the red and throwing up the crossbones.

- It was discovered this week that drones are now being used to deliver drugs. After immediately hearing this news one was spotted flying near Dallas Cowboys training camp where former husker, Randy Gregory was drafted.

- Mike Riley got to experience his first husker fan day as the cornhusker head coach, he said it was much different as he was use to the 20-30 people showing up for Fan Day in Oregon, he was asked what he thought of men in there 40s drooling over autographs from 18-22 kids and being the classy guy he is, responded, "that's neat".

- It was announced that Memorial Stadium Announcer Pat Combs was being charged with multiple felonies for basically pulling a "Max Bialystock". Truly is no place, like Nebraska.

- Unfortunately no interview this week, but before going I would like to congratulate 2018 recruit, now husker commit Cam Jurgens for being a true Nebraska kid and committing to the Huskers and staying faithful to DONU.

HAVE A GREAT AND SAFE WEEKEND!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News